Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

2 hours ago, Riku said:

My list number 1,55x got my pre employment letter a few days ago, gotta report tomorrow Friday for the drug test. Anyone know how long you’ll be there?

Depends I it maybe all day maybe a few hrs. I am still waiting in lab. Make sure you bring all the paperwork they ask for. If any tickets pay now. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Is it difficult?

First part is multiple choice memory they play a recording and ask your questions about what was discussed within it. The second part they show you images and ask you questions about what is going on within them. It isn't difficult per se but the second part feels like an interview so if you are uncomfortable in situations like that be prepared for that.

3 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Thanks for the update! What about us who already did Pre Employment back in April and are just waiting for medical ? Is it still a possibility that we get to go for the June 4 class ?

If you did the pre-employment in April, and cleared any issues, you should be good for June or July class

7 hours ago, Sally08 said:

Hey guys does anyone know If parking tickets disqualify you from the process?

It does if you don't pay them before you come. I had a ticket. They told me can't continue until paid. I had to run pay it then bring receipt back. If you can pay them all before you come. People lied said no. Then they found out. All those people had to leave and come back

1 minute ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

First part is multiple choice memory they play a recording and ask your questions about what was discussed within it. The second part they show you images and ask you questions about what is going on within them. It isn't difficult per se but the second part feels like an interview so if you are uncomfortable in situations like that be prepared for that.

How much time do they give you to listen to the recording and view the images? Can you take notes? Is the interview one on one or group? Thanks I’m nervous as hell. 

14 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

For those going to the June class, your class starts June 4th, BUT you're induction date is June 3. The week for MTA starts Sunday ends Saturday

Can i ask what your candidate number was? 

14 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

How much time do they give you to listen to the recording and view the images? Can you take notes? Is the interview one on one or group? Thanks I’m nervous as hell. 

it's like 5 two minute recordings that they play once.  You have the time you need to look at the images but honestly you should only need to glance at them.

28 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

It does if you don't pay them before you come. I had a ticket. They told me can't continue until paid. I had to run pay it then bring receipt back. If you can pay them all before you come. People lied said no. Then they found out. All those people had to leave and come back

I thought that was only for the train operators?

1 hour ago, 123melvin said:

I am still here waiting in lab. I was the only guy to admit I had a parking ticket pending. I also could not hear what the lady said. To many people talking

What time did you arrive? I did the urine and paperwork...I’m assuming you’re waiting to do just urine and you’ll be finished 

Edited by JoelPZ

4 hours ago, 123melvin said:

Depends I it maybe all day maybe a few hrs. I am still waiting in lab. Make sure you bring all the paperwork they ask for. If any tickets pay now. 

Thanks, I don’t have a car so should be good there. 

4 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Hey guys. I screwed up and accidentally didn’t leave space between 2 jobs when I was unemployed. What can I do?

When’s your PE? They can give you a new application when you arrive at the counter 

2 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

It’s tomorrow. I’m having a heart attack!! Lol

7 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

When’s your PE? They can give you a new application when you arrive at the counter 

Hey man, additionally I’m a little under list number 1400. What class do you think I’ll get placed in?

18 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Hey man, additionally I’m a little under list number 1400. What class do you think I’ll get placed in?

I’m  low 1300s and they mentioned today during PE that we’d be considered for either June 4 or July 10.