Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Hey everyone. Just took PE. I’m list number 13XX. I was speaking to several of the people regarding hiring. I got  hire date can be anywhere from July 9 class and forward for around my list number. They confirmed an August class as well. Hope this helps. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Hey everyone. Just took PE. I’m list number 13XX. I was speaking to several of the people regarding hiring. I got  hire date can be anywhere from July 9 class and forward for around my list number. They confirmed an August class as well. Hope this helps. 

I'm low 500s still waiting to be called for medical. Did you hear anything about the number range that there were doing medicals for?

37 minutes ago, Jrwave said:

I'm low 500s still waiting to be called for medical. Did you hear anything about the number range that there were doing medicals for?

Have not. They’ve already hired 342 as per the April class. I would seriously assume June 4th. 

5 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

I've read people on here saying that there is no weekend differential, but on the notice of examination it does say that there is both night and weekend differential. Anybody in transit know if there is in fact weekend differential. If so, how much?

The lady at the pre-employment said. That anyone hired their days off will be scheduled M-T. We will be working weekends with mandatory overtime. She didn't mention that part. 

3 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

3 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Have not. They’ve already hired 342 as per the April class. I would seriously assume June 4th. 

Am I reading this right? 342 only for the April class???

38 minutes ago, Jrwave said:

Can't be only 342. Kingsbridgebus is in the low 400's and he's in the June 4th class & I was emailed to come to a medical.

36 minutes ago, Invzo1019 said:

Question.  If one gets called for train operator to bring pre employment how does one delay without being removed from the list?

Your best bet would be to just call pre employment (Ms Vargas) and be upfront and she will explain the steps you need to take. I went through my pre employment and got called for medical, but I couldn't make the start date so I had to call the HR and request to be placed in the next class without having to take my name off the list.

1 minute ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Can't be only 342. Kingsbridgebus is in the low 400's and he's in the June 4th class & I was emailed to come to a medical.

Your best bet would be to just call pre employment (Ms Vargas) and be upfront and she will explain the steps you need to take. I went through my pre employment and got called for medical, but I couldn't make the start date so I had to call the HR and request to be placed in the next class without having to take my name off the list.

They have hired up to 342 so far. Only class has been April

23 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

They have hired up to 342 so far. Only class has been April

That information isn't correct/updated. I just stated that someone who's in the 400 range has been sworn in/hired and will start on June 4th, and I (also in the 400 range) was told to come take my medical for that class.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

That information isn't correct/updated. I just stated that someone who's in the 400 range has been sworn in/hired and will start on June 4th, and I (also in the 400 range) was told to come take my medical for that class.

Are you low, mid or high 400s?

3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Its not updated. But as per the April class, it took up to list 342 to fill that class. After the June 4th class, it’ll hopefully be up to 700 and I’ll get called in August if it stays at that pace!!

8 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Its not updated. But as per the April class, it took up to list 342 to fill that class. After the June 4th class, it’ll hopefully be up to 700 and I’ll get called in August if it stays at that pace!!

During my PE- which was Thursday—someone doing orientation mentioned that those of us there would be either in June or July class. I’m in the low 1300s. I’m assuming it’ll move quickly 

4 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

During my PE- which was Thursday—someone doing orientation mentioned that those of us there would be either in June or July class. I’m in the low 1300s. I’m assuming it’ll move quickly 

Yeah the lady there (Emma Rivera) stated that most of us should be in June or July class.

1 hour ago, adorkasherri said:

The June class starts in a week. High 400s here and I haven't done my medical yet. I think we'll most likely be in the July class.

Thanks for the info, please post up when you receive invitation for medical. I'm low 500s and it would give me an idea how long before I get called.

3 hours ago, JoelPZ said:

Ms Rivera stated the same thing but I think it’s incorrect. I spoke to several of the people working behind the counter and it was basically a consensus that at my list number (high 1300s) I would not be getting called for July. I guess it depends on how many pass up on it, fail the drug test, medical, etc

7 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Ms Rivera stated the same thing but I think it’s incorrect. I spoke to several of the people working behind the counter and it was basically a consensus that at my list number (high 1300s) I would not be getting called for July. I guess it depends on how many pass up on it, fail the drug test, medical, etc

Did they give an estimate? August maybe?

1 hour ago, Jrwave said:

Thanks for the info, please post up when you receive invitation for medical. I'm low 500s and it would give me an idea how long before I get called.

Im in the exact same predicament. Low 500s. Ive pretty much given up on the June class, even though thats the one I really wanted