Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Congrats to you guys who got emails for medical!  I wont be holding my breath about getting one lol. I already figured I'll be in July

What’s your list #? I’m high 1300s. Feels like it’s going to be forever for me 😩😩

39 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Haha I knew it!! Congrats man. Good luck 

Thanks brotha. Honestly I had accepted that July would be my medical. You know how things have been happening later rather than sooner lol

10 minutes ago, Jrwave said:

Very low 500s, got emailed to go in  Thursday for June 4th class. Just keeping everyone informed on how the list is moving. 

Hey do you mind fowarding me a copy of the email so I know what to look for please? If theres like any sensitive info in there you dont have to. Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Hey do you mind fowarding me a copy of the email so I know what to look for please? If theres like any sensitive info in there you dont have to. Thanks.

Sorry man, it has private information. But check your spam box regularly. It came for me on my regular inbox.

1 hour ago, Sixgvd94 said:

It's basically the same thing as the pre employment stuff. They tell you what to bring, when to report, and not to resign from your job. If you already went through pre employment then they're going to get to you, just be patient.

47 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

When did u take the opa & good luck..  I have my OPA this week

Thank you. Mid to high 400 list number. Took the OPA in October last year. Went for pre employment in April. Medical on 05/31. For June 4th class. Just decided to put all the dates if anyone has questions. 

Does anyone know what info you to accurately complete the pre employment packet? I work in Albany but live in NYC. I don’t want to take multiple days off so I can gather the info from different agencies. I know for sure I need court dispositions for arrests, but I got a ticket on the train for taking up two seats. Do I need any paperwork for that ticket? Do I need copy of my H.S diploma? Or my social security statements to prove I worked at a job for over a year? Any info will help. 

Number 695 here. Didn't get an email but I'm glad, I got vacation in June and didn't want to miss out on it. Hoping to get into the July class but I also don't want to screw my job over and be asked by mta on June 31st and not give my job 2 weeks notice atleast. 

Question. So I took the drug test on April 5. The lady said its good up to 90 days. 90 days from April 5 would be July 5. Its looking like the June class will be a dud for me. I hear the July class is July 9. What happens on the 5 of July? Would I have to retake the drug test and thus slow down the process ? My list is in the 520s. Would someone with a lower number like the 600s who took the drug test after me jump in front of me? 

3 minutes ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

Question. So I took the drug test on April 5. The lady said its good up to 90 days. 90 days from April 5 would be July 5. Its looking like the June class will be a dud for me. I hear the July class is July 9. What happens on the 5 of July? Would I have to retake the drug test and thus slow down the process ? My list is in the 520s. Would someone with a lower number like the 600s who took the drug test after me jump in front of me? 

That’s a good question cause I wanna know the same. Does the drug test expire?!?! I’m 1,55* list number I know the June class is a dub. idk about July probably a dub. Too I think August is a realistic spot since the 90 days would be up 

3 hours ago, Gdsimmons646 said:

If you don't make it into the June class then you likely will have to take another drug test for the July class. I requested to be in the July 9th class instead of June 4th because I want to finish up school and the HR told me that I will have to retake a drug test sometime in June.

No, someone with a higher list number won't jump ahead of you even if they don't have to retake a DT. The classes are filled by list number order.

36 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

How is that possible?

Because they have to prioritize list numbers, lowest first, they schedule the classes so they would know they have to get him in for a DT. I don't think they would wait until the last second either