Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Kabr79 said:

Is the BSC number they ask for on the safgard site your employee ID? If so I still can’t login 

Answered my own question again. Sorry gang. Just inconvenient that many of us are having difficulty logging in 

11 minutes ago, NAT212 said:

Hey guys so I just came from the OPA how soon will they give us the results? And if we failed does that mean it’s the end of the road for you? Lol I think I did ok. I was a bit nervous for the 2nd part :(

Its pass fail results. If you failed then yes you are disqualified from the hiring process however,if you did good on the first part I wouldn't worry to much about the second. So long as you spoke as clear as possible and weren't responding in a foreign language I don't think you will fail.

Edited by LIRRMedford

10 minutes ago, NAT212 said:

Hey guys so I just came from the OPA how soon will they give us the results? And if we failed does that mean it’s the end of the road for you? Lol I think I did ok. I was a bit nervous for the 2nd part :(

Yes if you failed, you're out. I'm sure you did fine. Took about 6 months to get results.

3 hours ago, Kabr79 said:

Happy to have this opportunity, but a bit turned off by how everything was handled in terms of notice. I was at my old job for a long time and I wa wonky able to have Friday to say goodbye and let them know it was my last day. Now they want us to have all these things. Again, glad I have the opportunity, but everything just feels so rushed. 

I feel the same way. Love my job and respect the company. Hope I can give 2 weeks notice.

2 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Its pass fail results. If you failed then yes you are disqualified from the hiring process however,if you did good on the first part I wouldn't worry to much about the second. So long as you spoke as clear as possible and weren't responding in a foreign language I don't think you will fail.

2 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

Yes if you failed, you're out. I'm sure you did fine. Took about 6 months to get results.

Thank you guys 

11 hours ago, NAT212 said:

Same here, I took the opa yesterday... the second part threw me off, I think I passed though. what session were u scheduled for?

Edited by Dgopes

59 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Same here, I took the opa yesterday... the second part threw me off, I think I passed though. what session were u scheduled for?

Hey are all the OPA in the same location? Apparently I have to take mine this Thursday but I'm not sure where. Where was yours?

1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

That OPA was ridiculous, the wait time for the second part was bad. Management should've either had more staff on hand or had less people come in. 

Where is the opa exam? I have mine for Thursday but I didn't get a notice. Just an email informing me of a time change for my opa  .... 

2 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

HR Headquaters, 180 Livingston street.

Thank you so much !! Also are drug test and medical on different days? How long is the process for opa ? Just wanna plan for my day because I have small children in daycare .. thank you so much for the info 

1 hour ago, Cathy said:

Thank you so much !! Also are drug test and medical on different days? How long is the process for opa ? Just wanna plan for my day because I have small children in daycare .. thank you so much for the info 

Yes, the drug test and medical exam are on different days. For the OPA I was out around 1PM.  Make sure ywhen they start letting y'all upstairs that you're one of the first off the elevator and on the line.

I actually have to call the HR today to schedule my 2nd drug test. 

7 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Yes, the drug test and medical exam are on different days. For the OPA I was out around 1PM.  Make sure ywhen they start letting y'all upstairs that you're one of the first off the elevator and on the line.

I actually have to call the HR today to schedule my 2nd drug test. 

There are more than one drug test... I'm good with that anyways I'm just thinking of all the days I will have to take off work. All worth it in the end though. Thank you for that information. I will definitely try to make it through the line fast. I'm going to try to get there an hour earlier. It's a 2 hour drive from me

4 minutes ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

@Cathy, approximately what range is your list number?

I may need to follow up with Transit, but it can wait a few weeks, until the kids and my wife, a schoolteacher, are done.

I listed at 4,9** I emailed the exams unit on Friday and they forwarded my admission letter for the OPA this morning. Thank God!