Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jay0989 said:

Do you know this for sure?

Yes because we had to pick our division today. They called people up in order of their list number and someone ask the last person that was called up his list number, he said 539

3 minutes ago, Over1 said:

Anyone know how many people were in the first class? Trying to figure how many people in each one, like 150~200?

That’s what I’m trying to get a feel for I think I heard 300 people went in for April. I’m thinking 200-300 per class. 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️

5 minutes ago, patientlywaiting said:

60 per class 

5 minutes ago, patientlywaiting said:

60 per class 

Damn wtf lol why they even called me in for the drug test my list number 1,554. So you telling that every class for example the July class will only have 60 people?!?!?! Lol 

2 hours ago, patientlywaiting said:

60 per class 

Really? But if the first class was in April and there have only been 2(3?) classes, how are they in the 500s already? A ton of people didn’t take the job or failed the drug/medical?

1 hour ago, Mr Marta said:

P

Email

Just strange, because I already did my preemployment (currently waiting for medical), but I have a New York City Transit letter in the mail waiting for me today (saw it on USPS Informed Delivery). Hopefully its nothing bad.

4 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Just strange, because I already did my preemployment (currently waiting for medical), but I have a New York City Transit letter in the mail waiting for me today (saw it on USPS Informed Delivery). Hopefully its nothing bad.

List #? When did you do PE?

10 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Did you take another test you forgot about? Or it could be they sent you another PE LETTER base off what you said before about the whole situation where they were gonna sent it out again because the first got lost in mail 

4 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

Keep us posted. Good luck!

Thanks bro, will do. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Did you take another test you forgot about? Or it could be they sent you another PE LETTER base off what you said before about the whole situation where they were gonna sent it out again because the first got lost in mail 

I thought the same thing, but I already got the PE letter in the mail after that. And this letter is related to this exam (can see it says 6601 and my list number through the letter). Must be either another preemployment or medical. I just thought it was always via email. I will keep you guys posted. 

12 hours ago, Over1 said:

Anyone know how many people were in the first class? Trying to figure how many people in each one, like 150~200?

No way, if you go back a couple pages you would see someone in the april class(1st class said that  there were 57 people. I’m in the second class ( june class), there are only 50 people. So alot of people either deferred, failed drug or medical or just simply turned down the job. So just because they or up to list # 539 for my class doesn’t mean that that amout or even close to that were actually hired.

@Over1, in the past with other lists they've brought as many as 150+ conductors per month into school car.  This happened towards the end of hiring for the last open-competitive conductor exam. So it's possible to have very large groups, and I think they even had new school car classes every other week occasionally.  But neither has yet happened with this list.

BTW, my understanding is that Transit has now called for OPA the first 5000 people on the list. Not that everyone through that point has actually taken the OPA, only that they've been notified of upcoming appointments if they haven't already taken it.

What I'm not clear about is whether that number (5000) is significant in the sense that Transit may take a little break to process the people who've already been screened, or whether they'll continue going down the list without interruption.