Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

Thanks bro, will do. 

I thought the same thing, but I already got the PE letter in the mail after that. And this letter is related to this exam (can see it says 6601 and my list number through the letter). Must be either another preemployment or medical. I just thought it was always via email. I will keep you guys posted. 

It is another preemployment letter for June 8. I already did my preemployment. Is it normal for someone to have to complete a second preemployment?

12 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Yup, same exact letter with the attached 6 pages (work history).

Sucks. I don’t think it makes sense to do it over and I wouldn’t. Maybe they’ll have you do medical since you’re already there.

6 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

Sucks. I don’t think it makes sense to do it over and I wouldn’t. Maybe they’ll have you do medical since you’re already there.

Im gonna call tomorrow and ask. Dont want to take a day off for nothing.

9 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Im gonna call tomorrow and ask. Dont want to take a day off for nothing.

its probably cause the drug test is expiring I would assume its 3-90 days? but that doesn't make sense May wasnt that long ago. I would call.

Spoke to Oha today and she advised I call after July 9 class. I told her I was high 1300’s and she said end of the year/ early next year most likely for hire. August class not certain. Horrible news but need to remember to stay focused. 

23 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Spoke to Oha today and she advised I call after July 9 class. I told her I was high 1300’s and she said end of the year/ early next year most likely for hire. August class not certain. Horrible news but need to remember to stay focused. 

I’m low 1300s myself and that’s not what I expected. I’m hoping it’s sooner

52 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

I’m low 1800’s and it seems like it’s taking an eternity! But I do hope they move faster than what was mentioned

2 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

My list number is 1292 so that applies for me too..why send out PE Letters so early then?.....Welp I’ll guess I’ll just drive the buses then since I’m on that list as well and resign once they get to my number for conductor 

45 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

My list number is 1292 so that applies for me too..why send out PE Letters so early then?.....Welp I’ll guess I’ll just drive the buses then since I’m on that list as well and resign once they get to my number for conductor 

I think it may be sooner so long as they have classes every month. Wishful thinking 

1 minute ago, JoelPZ said:

I think it may be sooner so long as they have classes every month. Wishful thinking 

Yeah but you got to be realistic too if every class holds 40-60 and classes are held every month you still got to wait at least late 2018 or early 2019 depending on your list number 

6 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Yeah but you got to be realistic too if every class holds 40-60 and classes are held every month you still got to wait at least late 2018 or early 2019 depending on your list number 

True, but they’ve only put about 120 through two classes and they’re at upper 500s on list number, so you never know. I’m right in the same boat with you. 🤞🏼

4 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Thanks for this bro, cause I’m 1,554 I wanted to start this year but oh well if I have to wait a little bit then fine. 

12 hours ago, Over1 said:

Huh, I also received a pre employment letter today even though I already did mine back on April 11th. List 72x. I’ll call them tomorrow I guess.

I just called them. They told me I can disregard it, and still need to wait to medical e-mail.

2 minutes ago, JoelPZ said:

Did they give a time table? Or did they mention why it was sent?

They gave no time table. And she said the reason why they sent it was for those who didn't show up for preemployment last time. Nice of them to give another chance.

Drug test are only good for 30 days, so ex. may 22nd to June 22nd. But now transit wants you for July 2nd(as an example not realistically speaking) the drug won't be good any longer. The medicals are good for 90 days. So that's probably why. You have to redo the packet I know from experience 

8 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Drug test are only good for 30 days, so ex. may 22nd to June 22nd. But now transit wants you for July 2nd(as an example not realistically speaking) the drug won't be good any longer. The medicals are good for 90 days. So that's probably why. You have to redo the packet I know from experience 

That's a great point... The lady told me I don't need to show up tomorrow, but you're right in that I (and others who have already took drug test) will need new drug test if we are going to be in the July 10 class. Heck, even if I show up tomorrow June 8, I would still need a new drug test for July 10. Does anyone know if they do another drug test at the medical?