Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Riku said:

Ugh I was super ready for this job now more. Why would they call so many? Just in case people drop out? 😪

What is your list number? When did you go for your pre  employment?

Super bummed. soon as finish the drug test I’m think they are going to move fast. Then I hear they are hiring 60 per class, cool I should be up early 2019. Now I’m hearing about a hiring freeze for conductors and the last class of the month is coming up, which I wouldn’t even get in cause of my list number which delays the process. I’ll be patient but MTA playing with my emotions lol. 

It is a bummer, they did give a lot people hope for employment within the next 3 months. But hey, if they're at capacity what can you do huh? We've waited this long, a couple extra months wont kill us at this point. Lol

3 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

It is a bummer, they did give a lot people hope for employment within the next 3 months. But hey, if they're at capacity what can you do huh? We've waited this long, a couple extra months wont kill us at this point. Lol

I don’t mind a couple extra months but I’m scared it’s go be another year 

14 minutes ago, Karim188 said:

I probably have to take the exam again since my list number is 27,408 

This is true my dude, but don't limit yourself to just conductor. If you want to work for the city/MTA, take every exam possible. This month DCAS has police officer, environmental police officer, and correctional officer. All 3 are great positions. It'll be some time before MTA puts out the next conductor exam, since this list was only established 4 months ago. 

23 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

You should already be in with your list number, no?

I on med hold right now, I will get a letter on Next week saying that I am ok to continue. 

Don't know if I will be in by  that time.

5 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

I on med hold right now, I will get a letter on Next week saying that I am ok to continue. 

Don't know if I will be in by  that time.

I'm pretty sure that appointing of classes is by list number, so you should definitely be in the July class with your list number.

Does anyone have the phone number to the testing office? I want to call to make sure they have my correct email.  I’m list 1239 and haven’t received a medical email even though at PE they said we were being considered for June or July class. 

58 minutes ago, iag48st said:

Does anyone have the phone number to the testing office? I want to call to make sure they have my correct email.  I’m list 1239 and haven’t received a medical email even though at PE they said we were being considered for June or July class. 

This is the thing for the June class -- a lot of them were deferments from the first call for the April class, so they had list numbers that were 6X, 7X, 8X, 10X and so on, and had an active DT already done, just needed a medical, and when their numbers were reinstated, they'd jump ahead of any 2XX, 3XX behind them that were NOT already registered for the next class. 

So, I imagine that the July class is deferments from the April/June classes. You might be able to slide into an August class, but tbh, idk. My class was 50B, 7A. 

1 hour ago, iag48st said:

Call employment center at 347-643-8229, they are the ones that will contact you. But I doubt it's your turn for medical since people from 5xx-6xx are still waiting for medicals. As someone already mentioned, they need to handle people who deferred first.

46 minutes ago, ENY487 said:

Anyone in the 1300’s get called for PE yet? Please note, I took the OPA back in April. Appears that numbers are all over the place. 

Yes people in the 1300's got called. I am in the high 1400's and my PE letter got lost in the mail. I only knew about it this week even though they sent me a notice on back in may. You should call ms Vargas at (347) 643-8218 on a weekday and ask if you were sent a pre-employment letter. Best of luck

Edited by Yawgmoth13

26 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

Yes people in the 1300's got called. I am in the high 1400's and my PE letter got lost in the mail. I only knew about it this week even though they sent me a notice on back in may. You should call ms Vargas at (347) 643-8218 on a weekday and ask if you were sent a pre-employment letter. Best of luck

Thanks! Will do

1 hour ago, ENY487 said:

Anyone in the 1300’s get called for PE yet? Please note, I took the OPA back in April. Appears that numbers are all over the place. 

Yes PE seems to have gotten into the 1500's, but it wont matter so don't get your hopes up. It seems that the last class for the year is July (as per another poster). Hopefully they'll open up at least 1 or 2 more classes later in the year that aren't scheduled as of now.

Edited by Bmpo7

On 5/29/2018 at 7:46 PM, Jrwave said:

Sorry man, it has private information. But check your spam box regularly. It came for me on my regular inbox.

Can you atleast show what email address it came from so we could be on the look out for it. Or put it as not spam.

Hey..Ive been following this forum for a min and everyone here is great. My list number is in the early 600s. I’ve taken 2 drug tests (one on April 6th and another on June 7) I’m just waiting for a medical email. I took the 2nd drug test because my first one was set to expire. Just wanted to let everyone know don’t be discouraged if Transit doesnt contact you within the time frame they’ve given you. If your drug test is set to expire (90 days) you will just receive another preemployment letter with another date to report back to 180 Livingston to take another drug test. It’s that simple