Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, Bmpo7 said:

I think 1000-1500 would be early-mid 2019.

On the pace it’s going, if classes keep up, I’m thinking we should get called around this tim

On 8/28/2018 at 9:43 AM, Janelleeac said:

September 17th 

Hey everyone. Any idea what list number they’ve hired up to at this point?

September 17th 

September 17th 

1 hour ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Lmao so 13k will probably be in 2021😂😂😂 . I have this feeling by 2025 conductor will lose their job.....  because technology is  high tech.  All the conductor for new train just push a button-- a robot can do it too😂😂

Doubt it. The old trains the SMEE equipment are work horses. The new tech breaks down more than the old equipment. And they keep retro fitting old equipment onto old equipment to save money. The c/r position will be around for a while. But you might be on to something. If you get the job, move up quick so you wont have to worry about that. 

Btw guys. I'm in school car now. The highest list number in my class has to be around 700. But theres been two classes before mine and about 200 max c/r's out of a group of 700  has been appointed so far. The list will move quicker than you think. Be patient, stay healthy,  stay clean and you'll have a great job here. Good luck.

I have a few questions if someone doesn't mind answering.
What is the dress code and grooming standards at MTA?
Is there a specific uniform you have to wear that's given to you or can we buy our own clothes?
Is there a hair length requirement like no longer than shoulder height or does it have to be cut?
Does facial hair have to be shaved?

45 minutes ago, ThreeDogOWW said:

Is there a specific uniform you have to wear that's given to you or can we buy our own clothes?
Is there a hair length requirement like no longer than shoulder height or does it have to be cut?

You just have to look neatly groomed, your uniform is provided to you by TA. But to my knowledge you can express yourself as long as it looks presentable. 

On 9/6/2018 at 9:04 AM, Jay0989 said:

On the pace it’s going, if classes keep up, I’m thinking we should get called around this tim

Hey everyone. Any idea what list number they’ve hired up to at this point?

There are people in the 800s currently in schoolcar.

21 hours ago, ThreeDogOWW said:

They are only strict about uniform. The book says be neat and trimmed. And presentable but I doubt they'll pull you aside for an unshaven beard. So it's more about dres code.  Different titles have different clothing. Like a conductor has to wear a conductor hat and tie. But the operator can wear a cap and no tie. What's wierd is that you only have to wear the tie around a certain time of year. Basically they dont require you to wear the tie around the summer time as a c/r. They say you have to wear what they provide including the boots. However, many people wear Dickie pants instead the pants they provide. And if you want to wear boots other than what they give you, youd have to get them approved. As far as tatoos and other things, as long as it's not gang affiliated, I dont think they care. It's all in the rule book.

Edited by Koqns24

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Sheesh thats it? I would hope that they call more people in. I heard they’re in the mid 800’s thats 200 spots away from me 

I think they will today was my second day and the tss said his next or november class will conflict with thanksgiving nd they might wrk a weekend 

I wonder if the last open/competitive list got off to such a slow start.

I recall that it ended with a huge surge of hiring, two classes per month, something like 150 conductors in school car per month.

Oh, well - if I get called that will be great, if not I'll just have to do something else.

Ok, so I took my pre employment drug test in late may.  I know its only good for 90 days.  Its now September and i have not recieved a letter for another drug test. Im in the 1500s so i know i have time before im called for final processing. Has anyone else got called for a second drug test after the first 90 days expired? 

5 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Ok, so I took my pre employment drug test in late may.  I know its only good for 90 days.  Its now September and i have not recieved a letter for another drug test. Im in the 1500s so i know i have time before im called for final processing. Has anyone else got called for a second drug test after the first 90 days expired? 

Yeah, I took my first PE Drug Test in April, then they called me back in the middle of July to take it again. There are people up to the 800s in the school car and my list# is in the 900s so I'm optimistic. They need a lot of train personnel so we should get our shot soon.

6 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Same situation, I’m 1,55x no second PE letter for drug test 

On 8/15/2018 at 10:31 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Today was a bit frustrating. I wish trainers would actually take students because they actually want to teach/help them, not just for the extra 2 hours of OT. Thie guy I had today basically only watched me for my first 3-4 stops and once he saw that I knew what I was doing he let me operate two trips for the most part without saying anything and didn't even pay attention to me he just looked at thr other side od the cab,  or if he did it was basically criticizing me for doing what's taught in school car like the sweep, or "taking too long" during my platform observation. Smh.

I hope to have more trainers like the guy I posted with on the 6 yesterday he was awesome. We pingponged stops and he kept talking throughout the 3 trips we did giving me pointers.

If you don't want to teach then don't take students, don't act like you're on a mini vaca and let me work your job.

For new/future C/Rs: if you have this issue, be sure to let schoolcar know once you get back to school after posting. Let them know the line, and they will make sure you post again with another trainer. Don't rat anybody out though, just say you don't feel like you learned the line well enough. They will be sure to reassign you again. 

12 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Ok so when I called DCAS automated it said that im on an outstanding certification. Anybody has an idea of what that means? 

It means your list number is now in MTA hands and you should receive a letter when they reach your number...good luck

On 8/15/2018 at 10:31 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Today was a bit frustrating. I wish trainers would actually take students because they actually want to teach/help them, not just for the extra 2 hours of OT. Thie guy I had today basically only watched me for my first 3-4 stops and once he saw that I knew what I was doing he let me operate two trips for the most part without saying anything and didn't even pay attention to me he just looked at thr other side od the cab,  or if he did it was basically criticizing me for doing what's taught in school car like the sweep, or "taking too long" during my platform observation. Smh.

I hope to have more trainers like the guy I posted with on the 6 yesterday he was awesome. We pingponged stops and he kept talking throughout the 3 trips we did giving me pointers.

If you don't want to teach then don't take students, don't act like you're on a mini vaca and let me work your job.

Overtime is how people make real money in Union jobs it doesnt surprise me he did what he did . 

Im on pace for $90k this yr at the hotel and my base pay is less than $50k. Ot $ starts ăfter 35hrs for me. Ive slowed down now. But before ot for anything lol.