Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 1/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, DoughShad said:

Hey Everybody according to the “Open Source” my list number is 26XX

Its officially Jan 1st is there a time frame for when I should expect anything?

Not sure of the acronyms but I haven’t received any medical, drug test, pre employment or anything else that I’ve read in the forums

Any info will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks guys & gals.

Hey My list number is  also in the 26xx .There is no time frame.I too have not received calls for any medical,drug test...........optimistic

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

I am not going to lie, I have been lurking on this forum for about a month now. I am number 16XX. And I read that they have appointed up to number 1041.

Anyone know any details on when and if there will be anymore classes.

I thank everyone for all of the updates on this forum. You are all very helpful.

1 minute ago, Emme0403 said:

Hi all.

I am not going to lie, I have been lurking on this forum for about a month now. I am number 16XX. And I read that they have appointed up to number 1041.

I thank everyone for all of the updates on this forum. You are all very helpful.

When I went in for my medical on 12/26.......after I passed the medical they have you go back to the main room and wait for final processing. The interviewer asks me if i will be able to make the 12/31 class, I say yes and she says OK she'll get my paperwork together to appoint me.........and I wait some more. When I finally get into the office to do the paperwork I ask her when is the next class after this one and she says I better take this one because she is not sure and nothing is scheduled. The TSS says nothing is planned either.....but, this is just the 1st week in schoolcar.........

2 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

Hi all.

Have you received a pre employment packet as of yet?

1 hour ago, BigCountry said:

When I went in for my medical on 12/26.......after I passed the medical they have you go back to the main room and wait for final processing. The interviewer asks me if i will be able to make the 12/31 class, I say yes and she says OK she'll get my paperwork together to appoint me.........and I wait some more. When I finally get into the office to do the paperwork I ask her when is the next class after this one and she says I better take this one because she is not sure and nothing is scheduled. The TSS says nothing is planned either.....but, this is just the 1st week in schoolcar.........

I do hope there are more classes.

Thanks for the insight.

I was in class at Schoolcar on Friday 1/4 and was told this by a TSS, who was just notified by the Asst. Directer of Schoolcar (that was buzzing around all day Thurs & Fri) that there is a hiring freeze for all titles in RTO........ 

This hiring freeze can change as fast as it was issued......... Just giving a heads up.......

If you guys want to read more about this.........they are having a discussion about this on the T/O 7604 list thread........... starting on page 128.........

2 hours ago, BigCountry said:

I was in class at Schoolcar on Friday 1/4 and was told this by a TSS, who was just notified by the Asst. Directer of Schoolcar (that was buzzing around all day Thurs & Fri) that there is a hiring freeze for all titles in RTO........ 

This hiring freeze can change as fast as it was issued......... Just giving a heads up.......

If you guys want to read more about this.........they are having a discussion about this on the T/O 7604 list thread........... starting on page 128.........

Oh look, a 3rd hiring freeze in the last 6 months lol.

13 minutes ago, Riku said:

Does that include conductor 

I was being sarcastic (sorry about that).

People just like to come here every couple of months and say there is a hiring freeze (with no ill-intent I'm sure). But as I stated before, disregard any hiring freezd rumors and be patient. Classes open up as needed.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, jaison said:

Hey My list number is  also in the 26xx .There is no time frame.I too have not received calls for any medical,drug test...........optimistic

Going with how the numbers are moving. I'm guessing perhaps spring or summer of 2020. Just being realistic. In the meantime keep doing your thing. Wherever you work or apply for other jobs. 

On 1/3/2019 at 12:08 PM, jaison said:

Going with how the numbers are moving. I'm guessing perhaps spring or summer of 2020. Just being realistic. In the meantime keep doing your thing. Wherever you work or apply for other jobs. 

3 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

I was being sarcastic (sorry about that).

People just like to come here every couple of months and say there is a hiring freeze (with no ill-intent I'm sure). But as I stated before, disregard any hiring freezd rumors and be patient. Classes open up as needed.

Oh ok lol

Can anyone provide me with some info. I am lost number 32XX. I took the OPA in April on 2018 and I have not heard anything back. Is the OPA  pass/fail exam? How long can I expect to wait after the OPA to hear anything. Also, will I be notified by mail or will I just get a preemployent letter next if I passed/ 

Any info anyone has will be appreciated. 

Thanks !!!

7 minutes ago, Ador said:

Can anyone provide me with some info. I am lost number 32XX. I took the OPA in April on 2018 and I have not heard anything back. Is the OPA  pass/fail exam? How long can I expect to wait after the OPA to hear anything. Also, will I be notified by mail or will I just get a preemployent letter next if I passed/ 

Thanks !!!

It took 6 months for me to get the results of my opa. You will get a letter Pass or Fail. Then shortly after I got my results. I got my pre-employment letter. Hope thos helps.

1 hour ago, Ador said:

Thanks !!!

It takes 6 months to one year after the OPA to get the result according to ny transit email

On 1/2/2019 at 10:36 PM, BigCountry said:

IF.......for any consolation, you'll definitely be in the next class and will have one of top list #s........ this is important because you'll be able to pick your division.... A or B.

In the 12/31 Class....which is right around 60........you will be broken down to sub-classes of 10. Those sub-classes you will either go to A or B Division. In this class there is only 1 A Division class and 5 B Division classes. Everybody got shoved into B division once A was filled..........

Thanks for the update/info... my list # is 107x so when they rescinded the offer due to the class having filled up I said "ohh ok well I should be next up" but I deff would've liked to have started the yr off in school car. Anyway, as far as the devisions go do you have a recommendation?

1 hour ago, The Batcave said:

Thanks for the update/info... my list # is 107x so when they rescinded the offer due to the class having filled up I said "ohh ok well I should be next up" but I deff would've liked to have started the yr off in school car. Anyway, as far as the devisions go do you have a recommendation?

If you live in the Bronx or upstate, A division. If you live in Brooklyn or Queens, B division. Anything else, depends.

3 hours ago, V6viii said:

Sooo I took my opa exam in May of 2018 how come I haven’t heard any thing yet my list number is 33##

Someone stated on here that it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year to receive the OPA results. 

Edited by nickynick86