Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Just now, Ayesha said:

This will be my third pre employment appointment on 2/1. My last one was on 11/27 less than 90 days ago.  I spoke to Ms. Ohla today and there will be a 2/25 class. The last list number appointed was 1041. My number is 11** I hope I’m in this class. Good luck peeps!!

You can't skip the first pe appt since it appears you get multiple apps? Perhaps I can call them. You have her or Ms  Vargas' number? 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Out 5 mos? Started 5 mos ago or out on leave for 5 mos? Max is 16 hrs right? I did a 19 or 19.5 day last year and an 18 hr once or twice at the hotel. 

I started with transit about 5 months ago. I mean thats a long day at the hotel ... i see your post about the decisions that u have to make and all ur pros are for the hotel... maybe u can take a leave of absence when transit calls u back so u can try it out. Tbh there are days when i wanna give up but i know its best for my future ... the road is NOTHING like school car 

56 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

I started with transit about 5 months ago. I mean thats a long day at the hotel ... i see your post about the decisions that u have to make and all ur pros are for the hotel... maybe u can take a leave of absence when transit calls u back so u can try it out. Tbh there are days when i wanna give up but i know its best for my future ... the road is NOTHING like school car 

I feel the same way you do at times, especially since I live in Brooklyn and got forced into the A division and the crew office seems hell bent on placing me on the damn (6) line 3-4 days a week, but then I remember why I took this job and I just suck it up and keep it pushing. The only thing I miss about school car is road ops and the guaranteed 1 hour lunch breaks lol I love the road.

28 minutes ago, nickynick86 said:

If you don’t mind me asking do you find the job to be easy? 

That question is kind of vague. "Easy" depends. The toughest part for me is dealing with the public. It can be very stressful at times especially when the road blows up and you have people yelling at you as if it's your fault when the situation is completely out of your control or dealing with some of the characters in the RCC. That and dealing with our lovely crew office. 

It isn't a bad job at all though every job has bs that comes with it. I've had days where i literally got paid to sit around and do nothing for 8 hours, or doing 1 trip or a trip and a half and being on the train for 1:45 mins tops out of an 8 hour day.

I'm just using this as a stepping stone to becoming a T/O since i didn't meet the requirements for that title, but overall i love putting on my uniform and going to work.

27 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I feel the same way you do at times, especially since I live in Brooklyn and got forced into the A division and the crew office seems hell bent on placing me on the damn (6) line 3-4 days a week, but then I remember why I took this job and I just suck it up and keep it pushing. The only thing I miss about school car is road ops and the guaranteed 1 hour lunch breaks lol I love the road.

That question is kind of vague. "Easy" depends. The toughest part for me is dealing with the public. It can be very stressful at times especially when the road blows up and you have people yelling at you as if it's your fault when the situation is completely out of your control or dealing with some of the characters in the RCC. That and dealing with our lovely crew office. 

It isn't a bad job at all though every job has bs that comes with it. I've had days where i literally got paid to sit around and do nothing for 8 hours, or doing 1 trip or a trip and a half and being on the train for 1:45 mins tops out of an 8 hour day.

I'm just using this as a stepping stone to becoming a T/O since i didn't meet the requirements for that title, but overall i love putting on my uniform and going to work.

Yeah im in the B division and boy ....... some days are overwhelming but then again there are some days i do nothing. You learn how to roll with it & have tough skin working for transit, not only does the public hate u but u got some co workers who arent the nicest but then u find sweethearts too. 

So they’re at list #1041. I get canvassed to come back for a PE for the THIRD time. It’s a little ridiculous now to keep filling out the SAME paperwork. Plus to keep my fellow candidates who are coming back for the 2nd-3rd times ALL day while taking other first timers before us is unacceptable. We should be in and out.  I have a job and it is very difficult to get my times changed.

I’m in the mid 1300s....even if there is a class at the end of Fed, there is NO way Transit is going to hire approx 300 people to reach me and others in the similar list range. Why is Transit wasting our time, and is it even worth it to waste ANOTHER day to not get hired again?  I understand it’s the process...but come on....three tims already! They don’t need to canvass so many people when they know how many they’re going to hire. We do have jobs now and it’s not fair to take that kind of time from us AGAIN, to not hire us AGAIN. 

11 hours ago, Yks747 said:

So they’re at list #1041. I get canvassed to come back for a PE for the THIRD time. It’s a little ridiculous now to keep filling out the SAME paperwork. Plus to keep my fellow candidates who are coming back for the 2nd-3rd times ALL day while taking other first timers before us is unacceptable. We should be in and out.  I have a job and it is very difficult to get my times changed.

I’m in the mid 1300s....even if there is a class at the end of Fed, there is NO way Transit is going to hire approx 300 people to reach me and others in the similar list range. Why is Transit wasting our time, and is it even worth it to waste ANOTHER day to not get hired again?  I understand it’s the process...but come on....three tims already! They don’t need to canvass so many people when they know how many they’re going to hire. We do have jobs now and it’s not fair to take that kind of time from us AGAIN, to not hire us AGAIN. 

Yeah when I called 180 after I did the PE for train operator in November and the lady on the phone was like oh we havent reached your list number yet and that I might have to do the whole entire PE thing again for a 2nd time...

17 hours ago, Yks747 said:

Great post. I said that earlier transit should value everyones time. To have you keep filling out paperwork when you won't be called makes no sense and is a disregard for your time. 

On 1/29/2019 at 7:52 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Check your inbox please. 

1 hour ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Great post. I said that earlier transit should value everyones time. To have you keep filling out paperwork when you won't be called makes no sense and is a disregard or your time. 

In a way,  this is how transit sees how bad you want this job.  Going thru the whole process of pre employment,  medical and final processing is kind of like their interview process since when you pass everything,  you pretty much get the job. And given what you'll be going thru on the job,  they wanna see your availability.   This isn't like any other job.  When they will need you,  you need to be there.  Perfect example, when a major snow storm hits,  and everything including the subway shuts down,  you STILL need to report!  And not only on-time but at times even earlier.  If you can't do that just to get the job,  they will see it as well not only do you must not really want this job,  you are someone they can rely on.  And with this job,  you NEED to be reliable. 

3 minutes ago, Schecter said:

3rd time damn that sounds really annoying I heard they do that because the drug test expires every 3 months or something like that.

Yes and the paperwork expires in 90 days too. Atleast that is what the guy told me. My first time I went was May 25th of 2018.. I expect to do this atleast 4 times.

6 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

Yes and the paperwork expires in 90 days too. Atleast that is what the guy told me. My first time I went was May 25th of 2018.. I expect to do this atleast 4 times.

They're also probably looking for any discrepancies thats why I took a picture of every single page of my first time going to the PE in November. This is off topic but would it be a problem for doing a process with TO and Conductor, because I have my PE for TO next Friday.

18 minutes ago, Schecter said:

They're also probably looking for any discrepancies thats why I took a picture of every single page of my first time going to the PE in November. This is off topic but would it be a problem for doing a process with TO and Conductor, because I have my PE for TO next Friday.

Idk

Btw sorry guys I meant to say I have my PE for conductor next Friday I'm on both a TO forum and conductor forum so I got confused on where I was posting.

But I did the OPA for conductor 6601 back in April of 2018 and now I have the PE for conductor next Friday, does anybody know how long the process usually takes from PE until you get sworn in?

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Btw sorry guys I meant to say I have my PE for conductor next Friday I'm on both a TO forum and conductor forum so I got confused on where I was posting.

But I did the OPA for conductor 6601 back in April of 2018 and now I have the PE for conductor next Friday, does anybody know how long the process usually takes from PE until you get sworn in?

It has been almost a full yr  for me. I too did the opa in April of 2018. I will be doing my 3rd PE next week. List 12**.  I have over 200 people they will need to hire before they get to me.