Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Juju92 said:

Hey , new user . Just found out I passed OPA . List #35**

what to expect next ? 

Thanks guys 

Same here and my list number is 14XX the pre employment should be next like the email said but I did the PE before I got the email stating I passed the OPA

Got a random call today, about passing OPA...thought I'd get a letter instead of a call. Either way, don't think I'll be going through the process if I get the real call. Landed a pretty solid spot and I'll be taking a severe pay cut if I took the conductor position instead. Even with MTA pension, I don't think it's worth it to be honest.

Good luck to everyone else though!

3 hours ago, peacemak3r said:

Got a random call today, about passing OPA...thought I'd get a letter instead of a call. Either way, don't think I'll be going through the process if I get the real call. Landed a pretty solid spot and I'll be taking a severe pay cut if I took the conductor position instead. Even with MTA pension, I don't think it's worth it to be honest.

Good luck to everyone else though!

That's great!! If you're young enough the pension shouldn't be a make or break in decision making. I made $81k last year on base salary. With a somehwhat life lol. Should be making $95k or so this yr. However my job is crying broke. Jobs pension just got better but MTA pension still better. Leaning towards staying where I'm at. May go to PE when it happens and ask several questions in person. 

Anyhow great for all of you making moves. 

16 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

That's great!! If you're young enough the pension shouldn't be a make or break in decision making. I made $81k last year on base salary. With a somehwhat life lol. Should be making $95k or so this yr. However my job is crying broke. Jobs pension just got better but MTA pension still better. Leaning towards staying where I'm at. May go to PE when it happens and ask several questions in person. 

If I were in my twenties, I would have considered it for the pension alone. But now I'm comfortable in my spot with room to grow still! Though worse come to worse, I can defer this for any future mishaps with the company?

My list number is #34xx

Edited by peacemak3r
added list number

23 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Feels like the opposite. If you're young, the pension should be the reason why you take the job. Coming to transit to do 10 years and out isnt worth it, not if you make a good salary. Its only worth it if you can do the 25 years.

16 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

Feels like the opposite. If you're young, the pension should be the reason why you take the job. Coming to transit to do 10 years and out isnt worth it, not if you make a good salary. Its only worth it if you can do the 25 years.

Yea lol I’m 26 it’s a easy decision for me way more money and good pension compared to what I’m doing now 

Edited by Riku

On 2/26/2019 at 3:22 PM, Ayesha said:

I originally should have been in the feb 25th class but I ended up in the April 1st class. 

First off Congratulations!!!!!

You probaly got pushed to the next class because the 2/24 Induction class is smaller than usual with only 40 students..... 2 A division & 2 B Division. That's only if you didn't defer that is.....

Good news is you will have one of the top list numbers and will be able to choose which divison you want..... that is, if they don't shove everyone into 1 division....

Edited by BigCountry

10 hours ago, BigCountry said:

First off Congratulations!!!!!

You probaly got pushed to the next class because the 2/24 Induction class is smaller than usual with only 40 students..... 2 A division & 2 B Division. That's only if you didn't defer that is.....

Good news is you will have one of the top list numbers and will be able to choose which divison you want..... that is, if they don't shove everyone into 1 division....

Thank you! And nope I didn’t defer. She also said this class will be small. I’m not sure why I didn’t ask. I just wanted to get in. 

I really hope I get to choose. That would be great.  

Edited by Ayesha

12 hours ago, iag48st said:

Yeah this Monday. I hope it’s not an all day event like the PE. 

It will be all day. I came at 7 and didn’t leave until 5. Everything happens that day and you have many other people there including mta workers so it’s a process. 

Edited by Emart

10 hours ago, Ayesha said:

Thank you! And nope I didn’t defer. She also said this class will be small. I’m not sure why I didn’t ask. I just wanted to get in. 

I really hope I get to choose. That would be great.  

I didnt get to choose. It’s by seniority so if everyone chooses one division before u, you’re stuck in the next one but it does not really matter we will all be all over the city. 

Edited by Emart

5 hours ago, Emart said:

I didnt get to choose. It’s by seniority so if everyone chooses one division before u, you’re stuck in the next one but it does not really matter we will all be all over the city. 

Do they appoint the division for you or do you pick and what day of training do you pick your division of choice?? 2nd day? Third day?