Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Question what was the emails name? So I can be on the lookout for it. And was it in your spam folder or regular inbox?

It said New York City Conductor Schedule medical/Final  processing. It was in my regular inbox.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:15 AM, Bmpo7 said:

Well there's ALWAYS public transportation, unless there's extreme circumstances. In that case, you MUST give your MAX effort to report to your nearest terminal or bus depot. So lets say you take the 3 train out of New Lots to get to work, you must get to the New Lots dispatcher, call the crew office and let them know there are no 3 trains running. Again, thats assuming an extreme circumstance in which there are no buses, no railroads, etc. You can't just stay home and make the excuse. You must report to work. 

Also, there are sometimes light trains that are picking up employees.

The 12 sick days you have. You get that after probation? Are you able to use them whenever you like. For example a bad weather storm. 

I get 8 sick days however I can use them whenever I choose any time 3 days or more a doctors note is needed. 

I have a question. I am in the 33xx and received a phone call last week letting me know I am in the outstanding certification list. The call provided info such as original eligibles: 3156, last eligible certified: 3153, and last eligible appointed: 1041. As you all may know it's been almost 3 years since we all took this exam and I put it aside (not think about it too much) and decided to go back to school and chase a degree. I graduate this May with a bachelor in computer science and have started to interview with different potential employers.

My question is given I get a shot as an operator what would be the chances and potential opportunities to move within the system to a potential IT job? Would it make sense given the benefits? Going through the pain of being a rookie would not be an issue if salary, benefits, and pension make sense. I know it may take maybe 2 more years to get to my list number, but I would like to know my potential options.

Thank you in advance for your input.

2 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

The 12 sick days you have. You get that after probation? Are you able to use them whenever you like. For example a bad weather storm. 

I get 8 sick days however I can use them whenever I choose any time 3 days or more a doctors note is needed. 

Transit is mad shitty about how you use your sick days.

No, you can't use them for whatever. If you use a sick day, someone will actually come out and check if you are at home. Using too many can put you on sick control, and it can prevent you from moving up the ladder. 

For those kinds of days, we have OTO which isa overtime hours where you can save up overtime hours and use them for whatever you want, but you must request the day 20 days in advance, and it has to be approved. And you can only use 72 hours (9 days) a year thanks to this union. 

Edited by kellgh

8 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

While in probation, you get 1 day per month. After 1 year, its 12 days per year. 

As for using them, yes you can use them whenever you want. However, they are strict and will observe any funny pattern. So say for instance, as you said, calling out sick on a snow storm day. Or calling out sick on Super Bowl Sunday. Or calling out sick the day after your weekend. They will pay attention to when you're calling out and how often. If they feel you are abusing, they will put you on Sick Control. That's when you need to always bring in doctors lines, and are subject to them coming to your house to check you.

You

8 hours ago, Fifo14 said:

I have a question. I am in the 33xx and received a phone call last week letting me know I am in the outstanding certification list. The call provided info such as original eligibles: 3156, last eligible certified: 3153, and last eligible appointed: 1041. As you all may know it's been almost 3 years since we all took this exam and I put it aside (not think about it too much) and decided to go back to school and chase a degree. I graduate this May with a bachelor in computer science and have started to interview with different potential employers.

My question is given I get a shot as an operator what would be the chances and potential opportunities to move within the system to a potential IT job? Would it make sense given the benefits? Going through the pain of being a rookie would not be an issue if salary, benefits, and pension make sense. I know it may take maybe 2 more years to get to my list number, but I would like to know my potential options.

Thank you in advance for your input.

You can make great money in the IT field, Go for it and when the day comes you will then what’s best for you. Shit wish I had your options BA in criminal justice put for damn near so much in my field in 4 years and Almost every BS imaginable happened and didn’t get the jobs I wanted so here I am. Finally a break I hope goes in my favor with MTA. 

6 hours ago, Riku said:

You

You can make great money in the IT field, Go for it and when the day comes you will then what’s best for you. Shit wish I had your options BA in criminal justice put for damn near so much in my field in 4 years and Almost every BS imaginable happened and didn’t get the jobs I wanted so here I am. Finally a break I hope goes in my favor with MTA. 

I know, but MTA also has IT and if the benefits and salary is a good mix I might as well enter the system as a train operator. I have not looked for potential exams for IT positions in MTA. Anyone?

On 3/6/2019 at 2:32 AM, Bmpo7 said:

While in probation, you get 1 day per month. After 1 year, its 12 days per year. 

As for using them, yes you can use them whenever you want. However, they are strict and will observe any funny pattern. So say for instance, as you said, calling out sick on a snow storm day. Or calling out sick on Super Bowl Sunday. Or calling out sick the day after your weekend. They will pay attention to when you're calling out and how often. If they feel you are abusing, they will put you on Sick Control. That's when you need to always bring in doctors lines, and are subject to them coming to your house to check you.

So I guess you can't use them when you want!! 

Are you on probation for one year??!! How is the presence of TWU in MTA? 

Hi,

I’m new to this forum but was hoping to get some insight on a couple of things. My list number is 18**  and I've already passed my Opal. My questions are a followed:  When should I be notified to go in for my PE? I have yet to do a single one, on this forum I’m reading about people going in 3 or 4 times. What type of notifications would I be receiving about the PE? Is it Email, Postal mail or phone call? I’ve recently changed my number a few months ago but forgot to inform MTA about the change. Please help me with these questions, I would have hated to miss a call from the MTA due to a changed number.

11 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Hi,

I’m new to this forum but was hoping to get some insight on a couple of things. My list number is 18**  and I've already passed my Opal. My questions are a followed:  When should I be notified to go in for my PE? I have yet to do a single one, on this forum I’m reading about people going in 3 or 4 times. What type of notifications would I be receiving about the PE? Is it Email, Postal mail or phone call? I’ve recently changed my number a few months ago but forgot to inform MTA about the change. Please help me with these questions, I would have hated to miss a call from the MTA due to a changed number.

You will receive the PE by postal mail at least I did, in terms of your phone number change make sure you tell them about your phone number being changed the NYCT number is (347)643-7413 call between the hours of 11am-4pm Monday through Friday. And in terms of when you'll be receiving the PE they should be sending it soon PROBABLY but give them a call and ask and maybe they might give you a time frame. I got my PE last month and my list number is in the 1400s.

On 3/5/2019 at 6:46 PM, 123melvin said:

Does anyone know.  At the medical, do I have to take another drug test? It took all day last time. 

yes you do but it's like a mini drug test, they'll ask u to pee in a cup but will get the results immediately