Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Feb 25 of this year? How? 

Sorry misread. Thought you wrote class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Feb 25 of this year? How? 

I belive that there's some confusion.  Your question referred to exams while the answer was about classes.   The exam for c/r 6601 was about two years ago or so.  That was the last exam for c/r. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I belive that there's some confusion.  Your question referred to exams while the answer was about classes.   The exam for c/r 6601 was about two years ago or so.  That was the last exam for c/r. 

So how often is each test* administered?

Edited by Lawrence St

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

So how often is each test* administered?

The last exam before 6601 was 8094, the exam for 8094 was given back on December 6th, 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gullys said:

I’m the 4K list number for 6601 got my opa result last month waiting for the pre employments now 

I’m waiting for pre employment as well. Being that they seem to be moving down the list pretty quickly I’m hoping they’ll call the next batch of people for PE soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To those of you who got called for pre-employment, congrats!! For those in school car and doing their road posting, congrats!! It's a long but grateful experience once you come on the job

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 6:19 PM, Schecter said:

You will receive the PE by postal mail at least I did, in terms of your phone number change make sure you tell them about your phone number being changed the NYCT number is (347)643-7413 call between the hours of 11am-4pm Monday through Friday. And in terms of when you'll be receiving the PE they should be sending it soon PROBABLY but give them a call and ask and maybe they might give you a time frame. I got my PE last month and my list number is in the 1400s.

Thank you, I've made all the necessary changes with my phone number. Patently the PE letter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if the agency keeps conductors on the same line or they move them around from line to line? Also, is it each day a different subway line? I’m trying to make a decision between A division and B division. I rather work on 7 different lines than to work 14 different lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get to choose your division I strongly advise you choose which division is more convenient for you travel wise rather than what lines you want to work. Trust me it’s a pain working in the A division and living in Brooklyn. 

When you’re new you’ll be extra extra which means any line in your subdivision is fair game. If you end up in the A get used to working the 6...

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I want to keep my Saturday shift at my current job while I’m in School Car do I have to let transit know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, iag48st said:

If I want to keep my Saturday shift at my current job while I’m in School Car do I have to let transit know?

Yes. You have to get mta approval before you do that. It was in the new hire paperwork

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 123melvin said:

Yes. You have to get mta approval before you do that. It was in the new hire paperwork

Yeah the HR lady told me if wanted to keep a shift at my current job once we finish school car, I would have to notify transit. But I wasn’t sure if I had to notify them if I planned to work oneshift during school car    .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VIP said:

Anyone know if the agency keeps conductors on the same line or they move them around from line to line? Also, is it each day a different subway line? I’m trying to make a decision between A division and B division. I rather work on 7 different lines than to work 14 different lines. 

My opinion: if you live in Brooklyn or Queens, pick B divion. If you live in the Bronx, Westchester/upstate, CT, etc, pick A division. 

From experience, they try to keep you as close to your house as possible (not sure how true this is for everyone else, just my experience). In the A, my classmates and I all get put on the 1 or the 6. 

I wouldn't worry at all about the number of lines in each division. Pick whichever is closer to your home. Especially considering the crazy schedule you'll have to work your first year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

My opinion: if you live in Brooklyn or Queens, pick B divion. If you live in the Bronx, Westchester/upstate, CT, etc, pick A division. 

From experience, they try to keep you as close to your house as possible (not sure how true this is for everyone else, just my experience). In the A, my classmates and I all get put on the 1 or the 6. 

I wouldn't worry at all about the number of lines in each division. Pick whichever is closer to your home. Especially considering the crazy schedule you'll have to work your first year.

What about Manhattan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schecter said:

What about Manhattan?

In my honest opinion, I would go with A division. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schecter said:

What about Manhattan?

If you live in Manhattan and are in the A division you are set. If you are in the B division however, they may place you on the (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

If you live in Manhattan and are in the A division you are set. If you are in the B division however, they may place you on the (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)

What about the rest of the lettered lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

What about the rest of the lettered lines

 

Bronx: (A)(B)(C)(D)

Queens: (A)(E)(F)(G)(J)(M)(N)(R)(W)

Brooklyn: (B)(C)(D)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)

Manhattan: (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)(W)

Pretty much for those in "B" division, they will keep you close to the line closest to your home, but may send you to any of the other lines at least once a week. If you are on the board at one location, they could send you to work another line, no matter the location (the late clear money is sometimes worth it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngelRC said:

Bronx: (A)(B)(C)(D)

Queens: (A)(E)(F)(G)(J)(M)(N)(R)(W)

Brooklyn: (B)(C)(D)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)

Manhattan: (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)(W)

Pretty much for those in "B" division, they will keep you close to the line closest to your home, but may send you to any of the other lines at least once a week. If you are on the board at one location, they could send you to work another line, no matter the location (the late clear money is sometimes worth it).

 

Ah closest to your home. So how does the clock in and clocking out work? So when ur shift is over you leave from the last stop on the train?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AngelRC said:

Bronx: (A)(B)(C)(D)

Queens: (A)(E)(F)(G)(J)(M)(N)(R)(W)

Brooklyn: (B)(C)(D)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(R)

Manhattan: (A)(B)(C)(D)(L)(W)

Pretty much for those in "B" division, they will keep you close to the line closest to your home, but may send you to any of the other lines at least once a week. If you are on the board at one location, they could send you to work another line, no matter the location (the late clear money is sometimes worth it).

 

And I would safely assume they do this after your probation period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Riku said:

Ah closest to your home. So how does the clock in and clocking out work? So when ur shift is over you leave from the last stop on the train?

You need to go to the dispatcher and sign out first. Unless the run you have is over 8 hours, then you could just leave. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bmpo7 said:

You need to go to the dispatcher and sign out first. Unless the run you have is over 8 hours, then you could just leave. 

Exactly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riku said:

Ah closest to your home. So how does the clock in and clocking out work? So when ur shift is over you leave from the last stop on the train?

Also, just because you live in a borough doesn't always mean you'll operate a line in same borough. Case in point, I had the R yesterday. I live in Corona but I started in Bay Ridge. They can start you at one end, and end on another (again -- I started at Bay Ridge - 95 St and ended at Continental)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To make it also easier, since lines are split into districts...

(A)(C)(J)(L)(Z) : District 5

(E)(F)(G)(M)(R): District 4

(B)(D)(N)(Q)(W) : District 3

Lines have changed districts this past November to what they are now

Edited by AngelRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vargas finally returned my call, after three messages and a certified letter  mind you. According to her, they hired up to 1156. Yet people here say they were sworn in at low 1300s. So, idk who to believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.