Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

2 hours ago, Yks747 said:

Vargas finally returned my call, after three messages and a certified letter  mind you. According to her, they hired up to 1156. Yet people here say they were sworn in at low 1300s. So, idk who to believe. 

I think because sworn in and hired my be different.  It could be when given date and going in first day could be different. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

I think because sworn in and hired my be different.  It could be when given date and going in first day could be different. 

Exactly. Most likely, 1156 is up to the feb 25 class. Low 1300’s have been called for the upcoming 4/1 class I’m assuming 

3 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

On the green notice it says we can’t bring backpacks or bags with wheels...which bag should we use as I’m sure we’ll be getting a lot of equipment in school car

So many people bought a Kaka bag for no reason, because they don't enforce that rule. Most people continued to come in backbags just as long as they have the handle to hold them with your hands (you can't wear them while walking in the tunnels or elevated structure).

36 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

So many people bought a Kaka bag for no reason, because they don't enforce that rule. Most people continued to come in backbags just as long as they have the handle to hold them with your hands (you can't wear them while walking in the tunnels or elevated structure).

Ok thanks! How often are you in the tunnels?

48 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Probably once just to qualify you. Its not as bad as it seems. I did it and i was sooooo scared but i got through it and realized its not that bad ! 

Yea I’m dramatic and super girly lmaooo the thought of walking thru them tunnels freaks me out lol 

20 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Just feed them pizza and they'll be happy.

Lmao the most rats you see are at the station thats where the food is! Its the homeless you need to worry about! If u go to the b division ull probably walk from euclid ave to grant ave on the c/a line im not sure about the A division tho 

Can someone please explain " late clear " how much additional money this actually is. Also, anyone recently on the job give me an idea on how much OT is available during your first and/or second year. I am trying to determine with OT, late clear, night or weekend diff, how much you can reasonably expect to make in the first few years on an annual basis. Obviously the pay rate increased in steps but I am  really concerned with what you can expect in year 1 or 2?,,, Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Ador said:

Can someone please explain " late clear " how much additional money this actually is. Also, anyone recently on the job give me an idea on how much OT is available during your first and/or second year. I am trying to determine with OT, late clear, night or weekend diff, how much you can reasonably expect to make in the first few years on an annual basis. Obviously the pay rate increased in steps but I am  really concerned with what you can expect in year 1 or 2?,,, Thanks! 

Late clear is when you finish after your scheduled time, i.e. if you have an 8 hr job and u stay 8 hrs and one minute then thats a late clear. 

6 hours ago, Ador said:

Well that depends on a few things. I’ve been on the job and have heard them call on the radio for any C/Rs who want to stay for late clears for certain times! I’ve also been at the terminal and heard the dispatchers asking if any C/Rs want to stay for extra trips. The lines might not be to your liking! I’m assuming you want to make money so you wont mind working any line. If you want to make money you certainly can! For late clears you get paid their weird version of time and a half, example if you get 4 hrs of OT, you get paid those hrs at straight pay then 2 bonus hrs at half pay to make your time and a half. 

1 hour ago, Imhim said:

Well that depends on a few things. I’ve been on the job and have heard them call on the radio for any C/Rs who want to stay for late clears for certain times! I’ve also been at the terminal and heard the dispatchers asking if any C/Rs want to stay for extra trips. The lines might not be to your liking! I’m assuming you want to make money so you wont mind working any line. If you want to make money you certainly can! For late clears you get paid their weird version of time and a half, example if you get 4 hrs of OT, you get paid those hrs at straight pay then 2 bonus hrs at half pay to make your time and a half. 

Sounds confusing 🤔

9 hours ago, Schecter said:

Sounds confusing 🤔

idk why the mta makes it weird like that. Just know that OT is 1.5x your base wage...so if you make $30/hr, then 1 hour of OT would be $45. If you worked 30 mins OT, then you made $22.50

Edited by nipaaaa

24 minutes ago, JaKaMo85 said:

I have a list number of 66xx , You guys think i have any shot at this before list expires?

HighlyDoubtful, but you never know. They are moving quick tho, too many factors to take into consideration. I wouldn’t bank on this job with that list number. List expires February 2022 

1 minute ago, Riku said:

Anyone in the 1500s get a second PE letter? Only had one and it been expired. 

We're in the same range and I haven't yet.  Won't expect one till after the beginning of April when that class starts. I've been thru this process before and with the classes being smaller amd not a frequent as last time,  and given how this time around it's all Transit and not DCAS,  I'm expecting this to go not as smoothly as it has shown so far. 

5 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

We're in the same range and I haven't yet.  Won't expect one till after the beginning of April when that class starts. I've been thru this process before and with the classes being smaller amd not a frequent as last time,  and given how this time around it's all Transit and not DCAS,  I'm expecting this to go not as smoothly as it has shown so far. 

Oh boy thanks for the update. Just hope it doesn’t drag much longer.