Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Riku said:

Oh boy thanks for the update. Just hope it doesn’t drag much longer. 

It may not because a lot of things come into play people fail the drug test, and others fail medical, fail the midterms during school car, and etc. But as of right now just play the waiting game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone please tell me how long do you get your Official uniform in training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, V18 said:

Can anyone please tell me how long do you get your Official uniform in training?

A couple of weeks...make sure they fit because if some don't, you have to send them back. And keep the receipt for proof

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngelRC said:

A couple of weeks...make sure they fit because if some don't, you have to send them back. And keep the receipt for proof

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, V18 said:

Does anyone know about parking when you drive to training?

You are advised not to drive. 

If you are late or get into an accident while driving, this counts as an absence.

 

Please search "drive" or "parking" in this thread for more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 12:18 PM, Sally08 said:

Oh no you see a lot of rats?

Noooo. 

Only near stations. Rats stay where food is. If there is no food, there are no rats.

 

Waterbugs though love wet locations -- Jamaica Yard, 34th HS, and 205th. They will violate your space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kellgh said:

Noooo. 

Only near stations. Rats stay where food is. If there is no food, there are no rats.

 

Waterbugs though love wet locations -- Jamaica Yard, 34th HS, and 205th. They will violate your space.

Oh god help me you had me at waterbugs 😢 once those things fly I'm out... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Schecter said:

It may not because a lot of things come into play people fail the drug test, and others fail medical, fail the midterms during school car, and etc. But as of right now just play the waiting game.

Yikes 😨, I hope the midterms during school car isn’t that hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kellgh said:

Noooo. 

Only near stations. Rats stay where food is. If there is no food, there are no rats.

 

Waterbugs though love wet locations -- Jamaica Yard, 34th HS, and 205th. They will violate your space.

You’re making me second guess coming over to the B. Let a waterbug fly into my cab I’m leaving the key in term & im out! 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2019 at 11:52 PM, Imhim said:

Well that depends on a few things. I’ve been on the job and have heard them call on the radio for any C/Rs who want to stay for late clears for certain times! I’ve also been at the terminal and heard the dispatchers asking if any C/Rs want to stay for extra trips. The lines might not be to your liking! I’m assuming you want to make money so you wont mind working any line. If you want to make money you certainly can! For late clears you get paid their weird version of time and a half, example if you get 4 hrs of OT, you get paid those hrs at straight pay then 2 bonus hrs at half pay to make your time and a half. 

 

I've also asked the same and got a similar response. Ok let's say you have want to work OT you want to work 50-55 hrs per week. Is that feasible?? On base pay at my job I earned $83k. I worked approximately 50hrs or less per week. 

 

My pay is up 14pct. So will definitely go and ask questions about ot and everything else I'm curious about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

You’re making me second guess coming over to the B. Let a waterbug fly into my cab I’m leaving the key in term & im out! 

Yeah imagine staying inside and it starts crawling on you 😬

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riku said:

Yikes 😨, I hope the midterms during school car isn’t that hard. 

Just study everything and listen to everything the TSS tells you.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

 

I've also asked the same and got a similar response. Ok let's say you have want to work OT you want to work 50-55 hrs per week. Is that feasible?? On base pay at my job I earned $83k. I worked approximately 50hrs or less per week. 

 

My pay is up 14pct. So will definitely go and ask questions about ot and everything else I'm curious about. 

Oh yeah you can and will get the OT! I’m not sure for conductors but as T/O during school car we didn’t get OT straight 40. Once YX started though, working an RDO and doing late clears was regular! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 7:09 PM, Riku said:

HighlyDoubtful, but you never know. They are moving quick tho, too many factors to take into consideration. I wouldn’t bank on this job with that list number. List expires February 2022 

I've spoken to other conductors and some told me people got hired as low as 8xxx and even 12xxx. Of course, that was when the list was extended. Is it a certainty that this list expires February 2022? If so, how far down the list could they be realistically expected to get by that time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ren said:

I've spoken to other conductors and some told me people got hired as low as 8xxx and even 12xxx. Of course, that was when the list was extended. Is it a certainty that this list expires February 2022? If so, how far down the list could they be realistically expected to get by that time?

Young's probably going to write a whole paragraph about what number they probably going to get to, referencing past exams, throwing some basic equations, etc..

 

My best guess is around the 5xxx range is what they'll get up to if they don't extend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

 

I've also asked the same and got a similar response. Ok let's say you have want to work OT you want to work 50-55 hrs per week. Is that feasible?? On base pay at my job I earned $83k. I worked approximately 50hrs or less per week. 

 

My pay is up 14pct. So will definitely go and ask questions about ot and everything else I'm curious about. 

Man that's crazy you make that type of money at a hotel. I would stay put. Hotel life is probably 100000x better than transit life. Can you go back if you quit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2019 at 11:32 PM, Bmpo7 said:

Man that's crazy you make that type of money at a hotel. I would stay put. Hotel life is probably 100000x better than transit life. Can you go back if you quit?

Union kinda strong. Free meals, free comp at other places but i never take. That's base pay. If i was at 100pct I would've made $113k. 

 

I've got co-workers work two jobs two spots 35 hrs each= 70 hrs making about $125k. 

 

Just that pension is what intrigues me oh and the extra sick days. 12 compared to 8 and I get 9 paid holidays. I think transit gets more right? "A sick day is a sick day free for my union Brothers to use when they need to" - business agent. 

 

I can take a leave of absence. Another issue is I gotta get on my bosses to put up more OT. Myself and another co-worker the only ones in our department really fighting for more OT sometimes we get it sometimes we don't. 

Edited by Nyctransitorhotels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone answer the question of whether or not the next C/R Exam is given right after this one expires (2022) or if it could be given out earlier? Wanted to know to see when I would be able to take it myself in the coming years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alexander9172 said:

Can anyone answer the question of whether or not the next C/R Exam is given right after this one expires (2022) or if it could be given out earlier? Wanted to know to see when I would be able to take it myself in the coming years

The last test was given before the old one expired. They may have extended it before then though not positive. The last list with extensions that list lasted 10 yrs or so. I would imagine this one gets extended at least once before it expires in 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I tried calling 180 Livingston to inquire about how to notify transit I want to work Saturdays while I’m in school car but they didn’t answer. 

Does anyone have an email or phone number of a person that can assist me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, iag48st said:

Today I tried calling 180 Livingston to inquire about how to notify transit I want to work Saturdays while I’m in school car but they didn’t answer. 

Does anyone have an email or phone number of a person that can assist me?

What number did you call?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iag48st said:

Today I tried calling 180 Livingston to inquire about how to notify transit I want to work Saturdays while I’m in school car but they didn’t answer. 

Does anyone have an email or phone number of a person that can assist me?

If you didn’t hand in your homework yet just wait until you go back to turn it in and let them know, they will give you the paperwork. Matter fact just call (718) 694-3798 because I’m not sure where you are in the process, good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Union kinda strong. Free meals, free comp at other places but i never take. That's base pay. If i was at 100pct I would've made $113k. 

 

I've got co-workers work two jobs two spots 35 hrs each= 70 hrs making about $125k. 

 

Just that pension is what intrigues me oh and the extra sick days. 12 compared to 8 and I get 9 paid holidays. I think transit gets more right? "A sick day is a sick day free for my union Brothers to use when they need to" - business agent. 

 

I can take a leave of absence. Another issue is I gotta get on my bosses to put up more OT. Myself and another co-worker the only ones in our department really fighting for more OT sometimes we get it sometimes we 

You get 1 sick day per month so 12 in a yr. It's frowned upon to use them thou bcuz you throw off the whole system. Also, it's the first thing they look at if you want to move up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iag48st said:

Today I tried calling 180 Livingston to inquire about how to notify transit I want to work Saturdays while I’m in school car but they didn’t answer. 

Does anyone have an email or phone number of a person that can assist me?

You will be working some Saturday's in school car so probably not. It's not a Mon-Fri type of gig. Those are usually days reserved for road ops and what not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.