Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

15 minutes ago, The Batcave said:

You will be working some Saturday's in school car so probably not. It's not a Mon-Fri type of gig. Those are usually days reserved for road ops and what not.

Since when?  When I was in School car,  it was only Monday to Friday and any road ops happened between 10am and 3 pm. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m already sworn in. I start school car April 1st. 1347-643-8299 is the number I called, that being said I was under the impression it school car was strictly M-F. I guess I won’t be able to work a shift at the restaurant during school car. 

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

If you didn’t hand in your homework yet just wait until you go back to turn it in and let them know, they will give you the paperwork. Matter fact just call (718) 694-3798 because I’m not sure where you are in the process, good luck.

Who do I ask for when calling that number?

On 3/19/2019 at 4:02 PM, Schecter said:

Just study everything and listen to everything the TSS tells you.

I’m in the April 1 class, question I have is do we have to wear the unofficial uniform when we report to 130 Livingston? Or is it business attire ?

3 hours ago, iag48st said:

Who do I ask for when calling that number?

That is the number for Dual Employment. Tell them your situation. Also if you report April 1, 2019 they will ask you if you plan on working at another job, there is a form you fill out so you can wait if you want. School car for me as a T/O was Mon-Fri. Only time we worked on a Sunday was due to Thanksgiving holiday. There was another class that had to take their practical on Saturday also, so bear that in mind. I’m not sure if it’s the same for C/Rs. And to the person asking about the uniform, the green paper you received tells you the color of shirt and pants to wear until you receive your uniform in the mail. 

No update regarding the next class after April 1- just spoke with Ohla. Anybody hear anything or have a range of what list number they are up to regarding the current class? From what I’ve read, it’s low 1300s and I’m high 1300s.

14 hours ago, Schecter said:

So I'm assuming the next class would consist of high 1300s and low 1400s possibly/hopefully 👏

You're lucky for this job at least that your 5th number in your soc sec number is either a 0 or a 1. Because we are 500 numbers away with the same score, If i remember correctly. With the 5th number in my soc sec number being a 2. 

5 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

You're lucky for this job at least that your 5th number in your soc sec number is either a 0 or a 1. Because we are 500 numbers away with the same score, If i remember correctly. With the 5th number in my soc sec number being a 2. 

Mine is a 0 and my list number is in the 1400s not low 1400s but yeah 

It is very nice to have met all of those who are in this April’s school car. This section of the forum doesn’t have a Conductor’s School Car thread. Maybe we should be the class to provide feedback, a “survival guide” and expectations to those future conductors? What do you think? 

12 minutes ago, VIP said:

It is very nice to have met all of those who are in this April’s school car. This section of the forum doesn’t have a Conductor’s School Car thread. Maybe we should be the class to provide feedback, a “survival guide” and expectations to those future conductors? What do you think? 

Don't do it. The MTA let go of a whole class because it was rumored that the questions to a test were leaked and some people were cheating.  So they let go of everyone. 

14 minutes ago, VIP said:

I remember somewhere in this forum a thread titled the School car experience 

7 minutes ago, 123melvin said:

Don't do it. The MTA let go of a whole class because it was rumored that the questions to a test were leaked and some people were cheating.  So they let go of everyone. 

Where did you hear this from? That’s a serious situation, haven’t heard that down here, you work for TA?

33 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

That was back when I was first in school car 5 years ago.  And that was Metro North it happened with. 

lol I figured this couldn’t have been recent. All the VIP said was start a school car experience thread for conductors compared to the one for train operators. He never said to cheat or send answers! Saying stuff like that sounds like a recent class out of school car had that happen, which is not the case and that article clearly stayed metro north employees! I’m sure it’s not a problem if you add to the original school car thread VIP.

1 hour ago, VIP said:

Hey! Did you hear anything about an upcoming class?

On 3/21/2019 at 10:52 PM, iag48st said:

I’m already sworn in. I start school car April 1st. 1347-643-8299 is the number I called, that being said I was under the impression it school car was strictly M-F. I guess I won’t be able to work a shift at the restaurant during school car. 

School car is M-F. They will split you guys into classes and the division you will work