Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

11 hours ago, VIP said:

It is very nice to have met all of those who are in this April’s school car. This section of the forum doesn’t have a Conductor’s School Car thread. Maybe we should be the class to provide feedback, a “survival guide” and expectations to those future conductors? What do you think? 

I would advise once you get into your respective classes, create a whatsapp for your class. There you can help each other out.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/3/2019 at 8:40 AM, AngelRC said:

I would advise once you get into your respective classes, create a whatsapp for your class. There you can help each other out.

Thats what a group of us started when I started the NYPD process a bunch of future NYPD cops made a WhatsApp thread to keep everybody informed on what's going on and etc it was extremely helpful. People were telling each other which list number was next what to do and what to prepare for. Obviously none of us gave out any answers, but each of us guided each other towards the road to success.

11 hours ago, J Cooper said:

List number 18**, on an average how often is a class and how many trainees per class? Just trying to gauge when I will be called. 

Seems like it takes btwn 120-180 people to fill a class (70 per class I believe). Classes have been roughly every month. 

On 4/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, Schecter said:

Thats what a group of us started when I started the NYPD process a bunch of future NYPD cops made a WhatsApp thread to keep everybody informed on what's going on and etc it was extremely helpful. People were telling each other which list number was next what to do and what to prepare for. Obviously none of us gave out any answers, but each of us guided each other towards the road to success.

You retired from NYPD? 

11 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

You retired from NYPD? 

Nah I was just saying how a bunch of people made a WhatsApp group chat while we all went through the process from the very beginning like the medical and etc etc all the way until we got into the academy. And all of us became very good friends.

19 hours ago, J Cooper said:

List number 18**, on an average how often is a class and how many trainees per class? Just trying to gauge when I will be called. 

I’m also curious as well. My list number is also 18**. Been hoping that we will soon get our pre employment in the mail 

1 hour ago, nickynick86 said:

I’m also curious as well. My list number is also 18**. Been hoping that we will soon get our pre employment in the mail 

The agency is at up to the low 13xx’s the next class should be in the summer or fall of this year for list numbers POSSIBLY up to the low 15xx. 

9 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Seems like it takes btwn 120-180 people to fill a class (70 per class I believe). Classes have been roughly every month. 

Those are exceptionally Large classes they typically don’t do. The max I’ve heard was 80. Then it was broken down to four classes depending on the needs of either A or B division respectively. 

2 hours ago, nickynick86 said:

I have not gotten a single pre-employment letter in the mail yet. Spoke to someone recently from the exam unit and they said pre-employment letters went out low 1500s as of now 

40 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

I have not gotten a single pre-employment letter in the mail yet. Spoke to someone recently from the exam unit and they said pre-employment letters went out low 1500s as of now 

That is correct, did you take the OPA exam?

On 3/21/2019 at 10:38 PM, Far Rock Depot said:

Since when?  When I was in School car,  it was only Monday to Friday and any road ops happened between 10am and 3 pm. 

I'm in school car now and I've already worked 2 Saturdays, one of which was a road op @ night (we got back at 1am) and my first Sunday (posting) tomorrow.

7 hours ago, iag48st said:

There’s 30 people in my class. 20 A and 8 B. Good luck to all and be patient. 

30? Wow... there were 40 in my Feb. class, seems like they're slowing down a bit. My TSS said there are as of now no more scheduled classes but that it could change, all based on need.

PS- 20 & 8 = 28 not 30 lol

Edited by The Batcave

On 4/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, J Cooper said:

That's a very high number! where did you get that number from if you don't mind me asking?

Based on the pace of the last appointed. The December 31 class appointed 1041. April 1 class had appointed 1320. Its taking about 150 applicants to fill a class