Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 2/14/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "6601" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $22.14 to start, raises to $31.63

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (Last Known - 1300s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, VIP said:

It is very nice to have met all of those who are in this April’s school car. This section of the forum doesn’t have a Conductor’s School Car thread. Maybe we should be the class to provide feedback, a “survival guide” and expectations to those future conductors? What do you think? 

I would advise once you get into your respective classes, create a whatsapp for your class. There you can help each other out.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t count on school car being M-F. They changed it up for some reason. Everyone was surprised the days changed. But you will see for yourself when you get your schedule sometime next week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 8:40 AM, AngelRC said:

I would advise once you get into your respective classes, create a whatsapp for your class. There you can help each other out.

Thats what a group of us started when I started the NYPD process a bunch of future NYPD cops made a WhatsApp thread to keep everybody informed on what's going on and etc it was extremely helpful. People were telling each other which list number was next what to do and what to prepare for. Obviously none of us gave out any answers, but each of us guided each other towards the road to success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

List number 18**, on an average how often is a class and how many trainees per class? Just trying to gauge when I will be called. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, J Cooper said:

List number 18**, on an average how often is a class and how many trainees per class? Just trying to gauge when I will be called. 

Seems like it takes btwn 120-180 people to fill a class (70 per class I believe). Classes have been roughly every month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, Schecter said:

Thats what a group of us started when I started the NYPD process a bunch of future NYPD cops made a WhatsApp thread to keep everybody informed on what's going on and etc it was extremely helpful. People were telling each other which list number was next what to do and what to prepare for. Obviously none of us gave out any answers, but each of us guided each other towards the road to success.

You retired from NYPD? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

You retired from NYPD? 

Nah I was just saying how a bunch of people made a WhatsApp group chat while we all went through the process from the very beginning like the medical and etc etc all the way until we got into the academy. And all of us became very good friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, J Cooper said:

List number 18**, on an average how often is a class and how many trainees per class? Just trying to gauge when I will be called. 

I’m also curious as well. My list number is also 18**. Been hoping that we will soon get our pre employment in the mail 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, J Cooper said:

List number 18**, on an average how often is a class and how many trainees per class? Just trying to gauge when I will be called. 

Seems like its every 1 to 2 months the classes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nickynick86 said:

I’m also curious as well. My list number is also 18**. Been hoping that we will soon get our pre employment in the mail 

The agency is at up to the low 13xx’s the next class should be in the summer or fall of this year for list numbers POSSIBLY up to the low 15xx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Seems like it takes btwn 120-180 people to fill a class (70 per class I believe). Classes have been roughly every month. 

Those are exceptionally Large classes they typically don’t do. The max I’ve heard was 80. Then it was broken down to four classes depending on the needs of either A or B division respectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Seems like it takes btwn 120-180 people to fill a class (70 per class I believe). Classes have been roughly every month. 

That's a very high number! where did you get that number from if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VIP said:

The agency is at up to the low 13xx’s the next class should be in the summer or fall of this year for list numbers POSSIBLY up to the low 15xx. 

So you think I'm looking at 2020 to get called?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nickynick86 said:

I’m also curious as well. My list number is also 18**. Been hoping that we will soon get our pre employment in the mail 

 I have not gotten a single pre-employment letter in the mail yet. Spoke to someone recently from the exam unit and they said pre-employment letters went out low 1500s as of now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

So you think I'm looking at 2020 to get called?

When did you take the exam and if you didn’t take an OPA exam then you have a couple of years to wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

 I have not gotten a single pre-employment letter in the mail yet. Spoke to someone recently from the exam unit and they said pre-employment letters went out low 1500s as of now 

That is correct, did you take the OPA exam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So I'm wondering will the low to high 1400s be called for the next class coming up? 

It’s likely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VIP said:

When did you take the exam and if you didn’t take an OPA exam then you have a couple of years to wait...

Took the exam 2016 I believe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Cooper said:

Took the exam 2016 I believe 

Nice. You should receive a pre employment letter in the mail in the fall or in May 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 10:38 PM, Far Rock Depot said:

Since when?  When I was in School car,  it was only Monday to Friday and any road ops happened between 10am and 3 pm. 

I'm in school car now and I've already worked 2 Saturdays, one of which was a road op @ night (we got back at 1am) and my first Sunday (posting) tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, iag48st said:

There’s 30 people in my class. 20 A and 8 B. Good luck to all and be patient. 

30? Wow... there were 40 in my Feb. class, seems like they're slowing down a bit. My TSS said there are as of now no more scheduled classes but that it could change, all based on need.

PS- 20 & 8 = 28 not 30 lol

Edited by The Batcave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, J Cooper said:

That's a very high number! where did you get that number from if you don't mind me asking?

Based on the pace of the last appointed. The December 31 class appointed 1041. April 1 class had appointed 1320. Its taking about 150 applicants to fill a class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.