Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

7 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Based on the pace of the last appointed. The December 31 class appointed 1041. April 1 class had appointed 1320. Its taking about 150 applicants to fill a class 

That does not mean that at all. People get put on medical hold or may turn down the job or etc. Transit just goes to the next person in line and waits for no one. Please do not feed people false information. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, hitech67 said:

Hello all, I'm new to posting but been following. Ive completed/passed the OPA and received results from the 1st go around of the test. I havent received any physical notice. My list# is mid 1900's, when can I expect notice?

Depends on how fast these class fill up. I would say fall if they had kept going every month with classes. But who know now, I’d say at by next year for you or December(if everything moves faster)

Hey everyone, I called dcas and the recording mentioned that the last eligible is 845x, I'm list number 62xx. Although I got a 93.xx on the exam what does the"last eligible certified " mean? My apologies for the lack of knowledge, thank you in advance. 

20 hours ago, Mr817 said:

Hey everyone, I called dcas and the recording mentioned that the last eligible is 845x, I'm list number 62xx. Although I got a 93.xx on the exam what does the"last eligible certified " mean? My apologies for the lack of knowledge, thank you in advance. 

I would imagine from DCAS statement that at the most there is a slight chance 845x has a chance of getting hired since they are eligible and you at 62xx have a chance of getting hired as well before the list expires in 2022 if im not mistaken. Which they may or can expand a yr or two like they did with the prior exam. 

2 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

I would imagine from DCAS statement that at the most there is a slight chance 845x has a chance of getting hired since they are eligible and you at 62xx have a chance of getting hired as well before the list expires in 2022 if im not mistaken. Which they may or can expand a yr or two like they did with the prior exam. 

Thanks for the response. I hear there is a some kind of second part of this test, some voice test? 

20 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah there is an OPA you have to pass as well.

Interesting, sounds like the list is kind of moving along. I'm on the t/o waiting list to but I rather be a conductor first before taking on that responsibility straight off the street. 

3 minutes ago, Toba817 said:

Interesting, sounds like the list is kind of moving along. I'm on the t/o waiting list to but I rather be a conductor first before taking on that responsibility straight off the street. 

I'm also on the T/O list but that list is moving so slowly. The T/O list is currently only 860.

56 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I'm also on the T/O list but that list is moving so slowly. The T/O list is currently only 860.

Yea I heard, I have a friend who is a t/o, if you fail an exam mainly signals you automatically get terminated from the position. He mentioned that he started out with about 30 and only 8  made it through. I currently work for the city already with paid summers off. I would suggest everyone to take a leave of absence if possible from your current position and try it out. 

4 minutes ago, Toba817 said:

Yea I heard, I have a friend who is a t/o, if you fail an exam mainly signals you automatically get terminated from the position. He mentioned that he started out with about 30 and only 8  made it through. I currently work for the city already with paid summers off. I would suggest everyone to take a leave of absence if possible from your current position and try it out. 

You're 100% correct you need a 100% on the signal exam if not you get the boot

3 minutes ago, Toba817 said:

Yea man, tough choice to make. I honestly don't know what to do. 

I would say go with what ever calls you first, that's what I'm waiting for but during the pre-employment for Conductor they told us we need to take exams as well and need at least a 70% and a 100% on last exam. If I remember correctly.

34 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I would say go with what ever calls you first, that's what I'm waiting for but during the pre-employment for Conductor they told us we need to take exams as well and need at least a 70% and a 100% on last exam. If I remember correctly.

Sounds doable