Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They give you the booklet from your test date and time, along with a piece of paper to write down your argument as to why your answer is "as good or better" than the proposed answer they provided. 

As anyone been to any of the other MTA protest sessions? Are you able to see an actual test booklet from that day to verify the answers you got.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by transitnyc

They give you the booklet from your test date and time, along with a piece of paper to write down your argument as to why your answer is "as good or better" than the proposed answer they provided.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The protest is on different dates for different people (dependent on when you took the test).  They have many different dates.  The more people that protest a specific questions proposed answer the more likely I suspect they consider changing it.   

Who knows.

Protest session is on the 12th. Who knows how effective that might be...maybe they'll change 1 or 2 of those tricky ones. I'll be checking again after that date but for now, I guess I'm ok with 3 wrong.

Edited by transitnyc

The protest is on different dates for different people (dependent on when you took the test).  They have many different dates.  The more people that protest a specific questions proposed answer the more likely I suspect they consider changing it.   

Alright, thanks let me edit that. Protest session is on the 12th for those of us who took the PM test on the 24th of April. Who knows how effective that might be...maybe they'll change 1 or 2 of those tricky ones. I'll be checking again after that date but for now, I guess I'm ok with 3 wrong.

Did anyone on 24th PM session get 26, 61, and 74 wrong?

Edited by RedViper90

Alright, thanks let me edit that. Protest session is on the 12th for those of us who took the PM test on the 24th of April. Who knows how effective that might be...maybe they'll change 1 or 2 of those tricky ones. I'll be checking again after that date but for now, I guess I'm ok with 3 wrong.

holy hell,i also got 61 and 74 wrong.I only got 26 right because i guessed correctly

holy hell,i also got 61 and 74 wrong.I only got 26 right because i guessed correctly

Haha! I'm guessing these were the ones with the super confusing "double answers", which I thought they would've had two correct choices on the key; I guess not.

They didn't call you from the last conductor exam yet?  How long have you waited?  How many people in front of your old conductor exam list number? 

When I took the last conductor exam I got a 90.666 for a score. So I did slightly better this time around.

No, they haven't called me yet. They are close to calling me. I have less than 800 people in front of me. But that list expires in February. That's probably when this conductor list will be established. I took the exam in 2009. The list came out in 2011. At total 14,000 plus people passed.

I got 100 but I'm still not excited cause so many people took it. I'm curious to see my list number. Gong rats to all that passed

boy bye! If I were you I'll be jumping for joy. You will be in the 1st few classes. Congrats! You did that now be thankful because you could be in my shoes with 3 wrong. I'm so jealous

Awwww!!! I got 3 wrong that's a 96.25 I know that's consider great but I wanted a 100% or no more the 1 wrong. I All I can do is hope I still get a low list number. Good luck everyone I can see most of us did very well.

Same here :unsure:

I was hoping to miss only one or none at all. But I think we have a pretty good chance of getting hired still.

No, they haven't called me yet. They are close to calling me. I have less than 800 people in front of me. But that list expires in February. That's probably when this conductor list will be established. I took the exam in 2009. The list came out in 2011. At total 14,000 plus people passed.

I hope you get called man. I can't imagine having to wait so long and then have to wait AGAIN for another list. I hope they don't take so long to establish this new list.

I got 100 but I'm still not excited cause so many people took it. I'm curious to see my list number. Gong rats to all that passed

Very well done man :D . Congrats on that ace! You never know, you might be with the first class or land in the second. I guess it all comes down to your last name or SSN? Not sure how that'll work.

How high do u think we need to score in this test to get called? I doubt they are gonna extend this one like the 2008 exam, and I heard many more took this test. I'm guessing anything above a 95% will get a call

From what I've seen and heard, this test is definitely not worse than Sanitation. The entire effing planet took that test. I got 100 on it and was told to forget about it. I only missed 3 on this one so I bet the chances will be better. I think 95 or above would be a good guess.

Well 14,000 took the exam the last time around. It could be around the same amount give or take. When I went to take the exam I heard one of the proctors say that 16,000 people applied. That doesn't actually represent who took the exam.

Same here :unsure:

I was hoping to miss only one or none at all. But I think we have a pretty good chance of getting hired still.

I hope you get called man. I can't imagine having to wait so long and then have to wait AGAIN for another list. I hope they don't take so long to establish this new list.

Very well done man :D . Congrats on that ace! You never know, you might be with the first class or land in the second. I guess it all comes down to your last name or SSN? Not sure how that'll work.

From what I've seen and heard, this test is definitely not worse than Sanitation. The entire effing planet took that test. I got 100 on it and was told to forget about it. I only missed 3 on this one so I bet the chances will be better. I think 95 or above would be a good guess.

thanks man, my time will come eventually lol.

btw.is it on the 12th of july for the protest session?