Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

15 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

I think it's around $31 per hr. I make that already and in 1.5 yrs ima be at $37 75. Hence the hesitation in leaving my job. 

On yeah makes sense you'll be making a crap ton more money than an MTA conductor. What's your list number anyways is it low or really high?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jay0989 said:

Did anybody hear of a hiring freeze? Classes were about every month. Figures they skip a month when I’m high 1300’s and they’re up to 1320 lol

I feel the same way I feel like they did the hiring freeze right when they were about to reach my number as well which is the high 1400s

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

On yeah makes sense you'll be making a crap ton more money than an MTA conductor. What's your list number anyways is it low or really high?

Mid 1900's. I think base conductor is about $23.75 or so. And they keep you there for 2 full years. With a slight cola that's maybe 3%. 

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I was close as hell to getting called also and now there's an apparent hiring freeze like really....

It really sucks, I been so close to city jobs and government Jobs and it’s been nothing but BS coming in at the last minute when I’m right there! To  block my way 🤦🏾‍♂️.

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

I was close as hell to getting called also and now there's an apparent hiring freeze like really....

5 hours ago, Riku said:

It really sucks, I been so close to city jobs and government Jobs and it’s been nothing but BS coming in at the last minute when I’m right there! To  block my way 🤦🏾‍♂️.

Idk what number you are Riku but anything under 3k I'm guessing strongly that you will get hired. They move up this list. Last list lasted what almost 10yrs. 

Schecter I would put money down you'll be going to class before the yr is up. 

2 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Idk what number you are Riku but anything under 3k I'm guessing strongly that you will get hired. They move up this list. Last list lasted what almost 10yrs. 

Schecter I would put money down you'll be going to class before the yr is up. 

155* pretty much would of got in the class after the next one probably 

People. Listen. We all need to stop believing rumors and let the personnel that’s on the field to give accurate information. Most of us here, myself included would want the dream job to work for the (MTA). Patience is strongly encouraged and also if you have a higher being that you believe in. I strongly encourage that you pray. 

As they say prayer works and it could create marvelous things in your life. So a little patience in this process can help a lot! 

I’ve heard from numerous ppl that there is a hiring freeze. But that information doesn’t mean it’s gonna be yrs or months. It’s just a term used to say there is no scheduled classes as of right now. So no this isn’t false information it’s just nothing scheduled at this present moment. 

19 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

People. Listen. We all need to stop believing rumors and let the personnel that’s on the field to give accurate information. Most of us here, myself included would want the dream job to work for the (MTA). Patience is strongly encouraged and also if you have a higher being that you believe in. I strongly encourage that you pray. 

As they say prayer works and it could create marvelous things in your life. So a little patience in this process can help a lot! 

I agree people shouldn't listen to others with these hiring freezes unless it comes from MTA themselves. And also if you and others want to pray that's good. 

However while working at MTA is a good job. My dream job entails sitting at a desk in an office and earning $250k+ while working 9-5pm 

6 hours ago, The Batcave said:

It's not a rumor. A TSS told me today and I came here to see if there was talk about it.

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

I read on the T/O forum this exactly, "Livingston stated that operational titles aren’t a part of the freeze, so that’s what should be accepted as true."

I've seen the letter from a member of the MTA Board to NYCT from about two months back or so. Yes,  there is a hiring freeze but don't get sad everyone.  The freeze doesn't include safety sensitive positions.  Train Crews are safety sensitive. And as to the sparatic classes in the last year,  I remember reading somewhere that they are short on instructors.  If someone can correct me on the last part please do.   But as far as the hiring freeze,  Schecter is correct.   I've seen the actual letter stating this.