Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Bus-Operator-Conductor-Track-Worker-Certifications/pjqi-8psc

Looks like the call will be going out soon going by that request on 5/6 for 200 C/Rs. Hopefully a lot of us will be in school car soon :)

Is there a link to check for train operator vacancies as well?

57 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Is there a link to check for train operator vacancies as well?

I don't know exactly how to pull that up. However if you enter 06704 into the search box on the link below you'll see that there is a request for 225 TO's made on 5/7. Follow that up by searching your name and you will see how far down that list you are. C/R's can do the same by searching 06601 instead of 06704. Hope this helps everyone out...

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

1 hour ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

I don't know exactly how to pull that up. However if you enter 06704 into the search box on the link below you'll see that there is a request for 225 TO's made on 5/7. Follow that up by searching your name and you will see how far down that list you are. C/R's can do the same by searching 06601 instead of 06704. Hope this helps everyone out...

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data

I'm confused; I entered my name (I'm on the T/O list), and saw It list me as requested on 5/2, but does this really mean the city is requesting 225 new t/o's? I'm slightly down the list in the 111x range.

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

I'm confused; I entered my name (I'm on the T/O list), and saw It list me as requested on 5/2, but does this really mean the city is requesting 225 new t/o's? I'm slightly down the list in the 111x range.

I don't know if they stick to those numbers to be honest but it does mean they are tapping that list for T/O's, and should be contacting some people for Pre-Employment. I am only on the C/R list and didn't test for T/O because I lacked a drivers license at the time of the test. So I don't follow it or know what list # they are currently up to perhaps you can ask within the 7604 thread....

4 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Just got 2 different emails and a call regarding my 4th pre-employment....

I just got a phone call to come in next Friday. But this will be my second pre employment. I’m in the 155* tho 

Edited by Riku

16 minutes ago, Riku said:

I hope 🤞🏾 I figured to be in the class after whatever one they are filling in now. 

They spammed called me like 5 times and emailed me like crazy i was like damn. Well there's 200 vacancies we all should be good!! Depending on your list number mine is mid 14XX 

I have two separate emails today for pre employment. I have three voicemails. And over 20 missed calls. The calls are not stopping. My list number is in the 500s.

Does anyone know if current employer is called as part of the background check? That will not go over well for me and will certainly lose my current job.

5 minutes ago, nycyellowjacket said:

I have two separate emails today for pre employment. I have three voicemails. And over 20 missed calls. The calls are not stopping. My list number is in the 500s.

Does anyone know if current employer is called as part of the background check? That will not go over well for me and will certainly lose my current job.

They won't really do that till after your hired.  And all they do is verify that you worked there. 

Just now, Far Rock Depot said:

This is for conductors. Train operators are a separate list.  

I’m aware of that but I bring this up because that city request for hiring 200 conductors also included a request for 200 plus train ops. Just curious.

24 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I just received an email.  We are in the same range (also155*). My second as well! 

Hope it stops at 2 for us. Cause they are literally almost to our list numbers for medical. 

1 minute ago, Riku said:

Hope it stops at 2 for us. Cause they are literally almost to our list numbers for medical. 

Yeah I called the guy and he said to do the pre employment all over again... another 8 hour for the drug test hopefully not though....

4 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

I’m aware of that but I bring this up because that city request for hiring 200 conductors also included a request for 200 plus train ops. Just curious.

Try calling (347)643-7413 and asking them just to make sure, tell them what you read or saw, and try talking to ms. Vargas 

5 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I called the guy and he said to do the pre employment all over again... another 8 hour for the drug test hopefully not though....

Yeah it’s for pre employment, drug test again. But I wonder if you have to bring the same forms you had before? The lady made copies of my diploma and all that stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yeah it’s for pre employment, drug test again. But I wonder if you have to bring the same forms you had before? The lady made copies of my diploma and all that stuff. 

Yeah the guy said make sure you bring everything that's listed. I'm like yeah but I brought them in before in February for my first PE and he said "make sure you bring everything on that list, it doesn't matter how many times you brought them in." So basicslly just bring everything again don't forget anything before you delay the process and then you'll be waiting longerrrr!!!