Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Yeah this is my second PE its tedious as hell in the 1460s so hopefully I'm called for either class. The lab is what takes the longest tbh.

Yeah I’m going this Friday, 1550s the first time I went quick I hope it does Friday. Hope it’s my last pre employment but shit might have to do one more if 200 total then need like 30+ people to decline job lol. 

4 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yeah I’m going this Friday, 1550s the first time I went quick I hope it does Friday. Hope it’s my last pre employment but shit might have to do one more if 200 total then need like 30+ people to decline job lol. 

Well the supervisor was telling us that believe it or not people come to the classes drunk as a skunk and he had some people smoke crack the night before and fail the drug test. He was like I hope nobody here has smoked crack last night lmao

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Well the supervisor was telling us that believe it or not people come to the classes drunk as a skunk and he had some people smoke crack the night before and fail the drug test. He was like I hope nobody here has smoked crack last night lmao

Lmao tf that’s crazy, some people just reckless 😂

By the way if you guys have went in try asking a second homework packet because you might need more pages depending on how many jobs and schools you went to. I picked up a second one yesterday just in case I made a mistake or needed extra pages... instead of making the trek all the way back to 180 Livingston.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:07 PM, Riku said:

Yeah it’s for pre employment, drug test again. But I wonder if you have to bring the same forms you had before? The lady made copies of my diploma and all that stuff. 

On 5/8/2019 at 4:12 PM, Schecter said:

Yeah the guy said make sure you bring everything that's listed. I'm like yeah but I brought them in before in February for my first PE and he said "make sure you bring everything on that list, it doesn't matter how many times you brought them in." So basicslly just bring everything again don't forget anything before you delay the process and then you'll be waiting longerrrr!!!

What about the PE application?  I honestly forgot.  Already filled one out and gave it in last year for my first PE. Plus,  all I got was the email to come in Friday. 

3 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

What about the PE application?  I honestly forgot.  Already filled one out and gave it in last year for my first PE. Plus,  all I got was the email to come in Friday. 

Bring the one that comes in the mail because the one that they email you is the old one. People had to do the PE all over again because they filled out the one they were emailed. And make sure your PE coincides with the last PE you did because the lady asked me if anything has changed while looking at both the new PE and old PE I did back in February.

Just now, NUSN said:

I’ve had a lot of jobs. I can’t remember all of the dates. Kind of hard to be accurate. Anyone know if it will disqualify me. 

I highly doubt it would disqualify you, my best bet would be to call 180 tomorrow and see what they say but when you do your first PE or second PE make sure you take pictures of all the pages you did so that way it matches always.

when your filling out the pre employment documents, does it require the exact date like 5/17/19?

or is it only the month and year like 5/19?

I don't remember all the exact days I started working all my jobs unfortunately. although I guess I could get a printout from social security like Seven said.

3 hours ago, ThreeDogOWW said:

when your filling out the pre employment documents, does it require the exact date like 5/17/19?

I don't remember all the exact days I started working all my jobs unfortunately. although I guess I could get a printout from social security like Seven said.

They only ask for the month and year only 

4 hours ago, ThreeDogOWW said:

I called Social Security. It takes 120 days for them to process that information for you. 

2 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I was done by 1145am! It pays to get there before 7am. Never got out before noon before!  

Woah you're lucky I got there by 7am also and we had to wait on a line outside of the building and I didnt leave until 5pm, because the drug lab was on hold for like 2 hours.