Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

31 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I was done by 1145am! It pays to get there before 7am. Never got out before noon before!  

I’m still here you lucky, idk why I thought I could get there later and finish early. Uh just dumb I got there early before and finished early complete mental screw up 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So apparently there's 3 classes for T/O which are in June, July, and August. So let's hope conductor follows suit!! Each class is going to hold 60 in June, 60 in July, and 65 in August.

Well the told us for c/r today that there's a june and July class so far.  3pm-11pm. They didn't tell us the number of people in each 

14 minutes ago, Riku said:

I’m still here you lucky, idk why I thought I could get there later and finish early. Uh just dumb I got there early before and finished early complete mental screw up 

That's why some people sometimes come after 730 I've seen people walking in around 8 or 830ish because they dont see the point in coming in early if you're just going to be there all day anyways 

2 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Well the told us for c/r today that there's a june and July class so far.  3pm-11pm. They didn't tell us the number of people in each 

The guy said it’s 10 in each class but 40 per month. And the lady told me the hired up to 1320 still 

13 minutes ago, Riku said:

The guy said it’s 10 in each class but 40 per month. And the lady told me the hired up to 1320 still 

Yeah the last number hired was 1320 so it's in 40 people in June and July then they'll be up to list number 1400 by August I'm assuming. Which is when my PE will expire which means I'll be back again since the drug test expires every 3 months.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Yeah the last number hired was 1320 so it's in 40 people in June and July then they'll be up to list number 1400 by August I'm assuming. Which is when my PE will expire which means I'll be back again since the drug test expires every 3 months.

That assumes no one defers, gets medical hold, doesn't show up to PE, fail drug test, etc.  It should be well past 1400 I imagine by August

13 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Same here lol I wanna know if they are stopping after they fill 200 

When i used to do PE i used to get there at 6 am and stand outside on line and be done by 10am. 

for those starting school car or transit in general please do not take everything that is said for truth. EVERYTHING is subject to change down here. Some days in school car we did 7-1500pm some days 1500-2300 mon-fri but ive seen some classes work weekends too 

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

The most scariest part for me are the test that you need 80 or above on are you'll be terminated 

It's really not that scary when you see that everything on the test is taught to you.  Everything.   As long as you pay attention, take notes,  and study,  you'll do fine.   Now if we were going to be T/Os, that's a different story.   You have to ace the signals test as a t/o. We're good. 

8 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

It's really not that scary when you see that everything on the test is taught to you.  Everything.   As long as you pay attention, take notes,  and study,  you'll do fine.   Now if we were going to be T/Os, that's a different story.   You have to ace the signals test as a t/o. We're good. 

I guess I'm in for a real treat when my list number is reached for the t/o position... that's scary because you cant mess up once on the signals test imagine 1 wrong by accident 

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I guess I'm in for a real treat when my list number is reached for the t/o position... that's scary because you cant mess up once on the signals test imagine 1 wrong by accident 

Thats whybinwould be a conductor first,  then take the promotional to train operator.  If you fail the signals test then,  you're sill working for transit when you get sent back to being a conductor. 

26 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yea man in on the list for that but I rather start as c/o first and secure that before I be a t/o. One wrong answer a 99% gets hit fired. I wish the would tell this to the public to. 

39 minutes ago, Toba817 said:

Yea man in on the list for that but I rather start as c/o first and secure that before I be a t/o. One wrong answer a 99% gets hit fired. I wish the would tell this to the public to. 

Let me give you insider tips. It's not the end of the world if you get something wrong. You could have honestly blanked out and wrote something wrong but as long as you know what word(s) don't belong and can correct yourself when questioned, you'll be fine.

36 minutes ago, Toba817 said:

It’s worth noting I’ve heard that the signals test for t/os isn’t nearly as hard and scary as they make it seem.

They drill the signals into your head daily and with quizzes. Extra help is available for those struggling too.

They want you to pass and are willing to work with u. @nipaaaa who passed both sig exams can explain better.

So I need people's opinion if you don't mind... should I give up on waiting for t/o to call me and just stick with conductor or should I give up on conductor and try going for t/o when ever they reach my list number which might be by the fall of this year? I'm having a hard time deciding which to go to.