Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get paid a little more than Conductors do at the moment, but the city/state pension is WAY better than my piece of crap.

Congrats to everyone with higher scores! Anyone in my range, don't feel so down, there are plenty of other opportunities around.

Anyone with 4 or more wrong might not get called.

47,000 people took this exam!

47,000? Wow, this is exactly y I'm not getting excited about getting 100. U could get 100 and still have a list number of like 9000 lol.Im sure a huge amount of people got 100. according to one of the sites that posted the exam, you get extra points for applying early so the earlier u apply the more extra points u get. I applied on the very last day soooo.......I'm assed out. I guess that would be one way of determining the list number of all the people that got the same scores.

Yeah that's not gonna cut it

I bet you this list has about 30,000 names on it

First of all, please be very careful as far as what you say - from my experience with other civil service exams, nothing is official until the list comes out. Also, as a result of the protest sessions, they may throw a question out or two. If this is the case, then, long story short, everyone's score will be affected. Here's an example:

If you got 3 wrong, then 77 divided by 80 equals a score of 96.25%. Now, if they throw out two [2] questions during the protest (argument sake), then 77 divided by 78 equals 98.71%. This will definitely have an impact as far as the list numbers are concerned.

Also, when the list is out, there are other factors that can influence how quickly or slowly they go through it, such as the number of vacancies available (as of the current moment, B/O Exam 4600 is dead), people failing the drug test, people changing their minds, etc.

I understand that you may be hyper, anxious, excited, etc., however, just take an easy, give it some time and we'll take it from there.

I wouldn't go telling people that they won't make it. We don't know what the list is as of yet.

Thank you!!

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan
Minor Grammar error...

First of all, please be very careful as far as what you say - from my experience with other civil service exams, nothing is official until the list comes out. Also, as a result of the protest sessions, they may throw a question out or two. If this is the case, then, long story short, everyone's score will be affected. Here's an example:

If you got 3 wrong, then 77 divided by 80 equals a score of 96.25%. Now, if they throw out two [2] questions during the protest (argument sake), then 77 divided by 78 equals 98.71%. This will definitely have an impact as far as the list numbers are concerned.

Also, when the list is out, there are other factors that can influence how quickly or slowly they go through it, such as the number of vacancies available (as of the current moment, B/O Exam 4600 is dead), people failing the drug test, people changing their minds, etc.

I understand that you may be hyper, anxious, excited, etc., however, just take an easy, give it some time and we'll take it from there.

Thank you!!

Amen, let's just stay positive and wait for the list to be established.

Did anyone else mark the questions with multiple correct answers?  I have a feeling (perhaps wishful) that one or two questions can be protested.  In that case a 95% (as an example) can become a 96.25 (1 successfully protested question) or a 97.5% (2 successfully protested questions) which may dramatically improve your chances of being called.  

Does anyone know how many conductors the MTA hires a year on average? 

I thought I did extremely well and I got three wrong. Questions 6, 47, and 56 on the 5/22 am exam. Not a good look.

I took the test on the same day and got #6 and #73 wrong. I don't care enough to go protest, but if I was you I would go find out why #6 was wrong. 

Not really happy as I thought I hit them all right, oh well. You really need a 100% to get called. Lots of people here  saying they got 100%. 

I always make about 1 stupid mistake per test, maybe I made two here. 

None of this matters because I just got arrested on a bus and out on bail now, I don't think MTA would let me have the job because of being arrested on a bus. I also lost my FDNY job offer because of this arrest. 

Edited by Dred

Can we make an anonymous poll of users on the forum to find out when they took the test (date and AM or PM sessions) and which questions they received wrong for that particular session.  This way we can compare notes and see if many people had a particular question # marked as incorrect (as per the proposed answer key).  Maybe we could have a separate poll for each test date and AM/PM session...   

Is this possible?

I checked my score and I was flabbergasted. I saw, in comparing my answer key to the answers I recorded that I had six wrong. I thought I only had one wrong. There is no way I could have gotten SIX wrong. I believe the test was incorrectly graded; somehow, somebody somewhere in the exams unit made mistakes. To those of you who feel you got more questions wrong than you should have, I think you should protest.

But how does this protest session work? What happens after you write your paper there? Do they get back to you, do they justify themselves if you're overruled?

Can we make an anonymous poll of users on the forum to find out when they took the test (date and AM or PM sessions) and which questions they received wrong for that particular session.  This way we can compare notes and see if many people had a particular question # marked as incorrect (as per the proposed answer key).  Maybe we could have a separate poll for each test date and AM/PM session...   

Is this possible?

It sure is possible, and I will go first. I took the AM test on May 22nd at Midwood. This is what the answers were for the questions they said I got wrong.

6. B (I chose D)

17. A (C)

47. D (B)

53. B (C)

56. B (D)

73. B (A)

I am convinced that I must have gotten most of these right.

3 wrong don't know how many people took this exam but with 9 test dates it had to be a lot. Very disappointed with myself 2 of my errors I was flipping between two possible answers the other was probably just a stupid mistake.

Hope I'm wrong about how many took this test and that my 96.25% makes the cut.

Took the test on 4/10 AM my errors were 

#15 B answer was C

#16 B answer was D

#73 A answer was C