Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

8 minutes ago, Rabbitgirl said:

Was anyone called for final processing yet?? I did my Pre employment last week and haven’t heard a word from anyone. 

Yeah I did my PE last week as well and havent received an email from medical or anything yet

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rabbitgirl said:

Was anyone called for final processing yet?? I did my Pre employment last week and haven’t heard a word from anyone. 

Patience. The first class isn't until June 10th.  Unless your list number is between 1321 and let's say, 1400 (estimate), it's not gonna be this week or even next week. Just know that born you are called for the June 10th class,  they will contact you for Med/FP.  I too was at PE last week and I'm in the mid 1500's. 

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I did my PE last week as well and havent received an email from medical or anything yet

We're around the same list number iirc.  The Lab alone takes a few days. And no,  we aren't gonna get called right away. Maybe the July class if we do have close list numbers. And that's a huge maybe.  

24 minutes ago, Rabbitgirl said:

Spoke with Ms. Vargas yesterday. She said emails should be starting next week and the following week. High 1300s with fingers crossed!!

2 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Patience. The first class isn't until June 10th.  Unless your list number is between 1321 and let's say, 1400 (estimate), it's not gonna be this week or even next week. Just know that born you are called for the June 10th class,  they will contact you for Med/FP.  I too was at PE last week and I'm in the mid 1500's. 

I received an email today. I spoke it into existence... check ya emails! 

3 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

We're around the same list number iirc.  The Lab alone takes a few days. And no,  we aren't gonna get called right away. Maybe the July class if we do have close list numbers. And that's a huge maybe.  

What's your list number?

Wished my SS number was different, haha. I guess from the 1200 - 2000 range is all 96.7s, list number in the 18## range so I have a bit of a wait. The best thing to do is to just carry on with your daily lives until you get that call. Good luck to everyone that is going through the process right now, see you soon!

3 hours ago, J Cooper said:

Wished my SS number was different, haha. I guess from the 1200 - 2000 range is all 96.7s, list number in the 18## range so I have a bit of a wait. The best thing to do is to just carry on with your daily lives until you get that call. Good luck to everyone that is going through the process right now, see you soon!

nah 96.7 goes all the way to 3k, mine is 29xx

On 5/17/2019 at 5:21 PM, Schecter said:

The most scariest part for me are the test that you need 80 or above on are you'll be terminated 

You get a second chance. The exams are set up for you to pass. Trust me. 

Thanks @SevenElevenfor adding the sticky to the top of the forum. I thought he didnt see my message. And I talked to Ms. Vargas today and she said medical emails are being sent to only the 1300s this goes for people who deferred and decided to come back she said. She told mento call back in two weeks. I felt bad for Kevin he sounds like a ton of people ask him the same question everyday. She told me how I knew about people getting medicals I told her the forums she said they monitor it and to never give away personal details aka list numbers, I guess exact list number and other stuff. So be careful what you guys post!!

7 minutes ago, Mets91 said:

How often are classes held? Like after the June and July class, would there be one in Aug/Sept etc.?

School car classes are usually 2-3 times per year. But due to an influx of retirees and terminations they’re holding school cars back to back. There’s a shortage of crew in the A division and allegedly the B division... 

Edited by VIP

Glad to see they're starting classes again, I know a schoolcar TSS who said they had held off on new classes for a bit. Biding my time, looks like there's still 1000ish people to go. Damn SSN 😂

I'll bide my time selling fares in the meantime.

8 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Hi all. When you get called for medical, do you get your start date the day of medical? Or do you wait for another email with the official offer?

When you go in for medical and final processing,  after everything checks out,  you will get sworn in,  habe your fingerprints and photo id picture taken and told when to report.