Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

4 minutes ago, The Batcave said:

First off, I wanna say congratz & good luck to everyone whose been called for final processing... very exciting I know!

Next, I see some of you discussing the benefits of starting off as a CR then moving up to TO vs going straight for TO. Some have already pointed out a few of the pros/cons but I also wanted to throw in something else that should be considered- seniority. It is everything in transit. Seniority for CRs go up at a much more rapid pace than TOs bcuz people are always getting promoted, retiring or w/e. Whereas TOs generally stay TOs and for longer periods of time. In most cases, by the time you get called for TO you will have already gained seniority as a CR and are able to pick your own jobs/tours/RDOs. Some people like stability others like being XX, which is what you'll be if you give up being a conductor to go to TO. Back in schoolcar, back on probation & back on the bottom of the list. It'll be like starting your career all over again. Which is really the case for any title you move up to in TA but TO I think is one of the riskiest. So you will hear *a lot* "move up as quickly as possible." This a lot of times is why some people end up being a conductor 25-30 yrs. But some people are chasing the money and TOs do make more. So there's a lot to consider but you'll know what's right for you when the time comes and if it doesn't work out for w/e reason, you feel it's not right for you or you just don't like it- you can always go back to your old position.

Great stuff, thank you. Do you know the top pay for conductor by any chance and when do u reach top pay?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Batcave said:

First off, I wanna say congratz & good luck to everyone whose been called for final processing... very exciting I know!

Next, I see some of you discussing the benefits of starting off as a CR then moving up to TO vs going straight for TO. Some have already pointed out a few of the pros/cons but I also wanted to throw in something else that should be considered- seniority. It is everything in transit. Seniority for CRs go up at a much more rapid pace than TOs bcuz people are always getting promoted, retiring or w/e. Whereas TOs generally stay TOs and for longer periods of time. In most cases, by the time you get called for TO you will have already gained seniority as a CR and are able to pick your own jobs/tours/RDOs. Some people like stability others like being XX, which is what you'll be if you give up being a conductor to go to TO. Back in schoolcar, back on probation & back on the bottom of the list. It'll be like starting your career all over again. Which is really the case for any title you move up to in TA but TO I think is one of the riskiest. So you will hear *a lot* "move up as quickly as possible." This a lot of times is why some people end up being a conductor 25-30 yrs. But some people are chasing the money and TOs do make more. So there's a lot to consider but you'll know what's right for you when the time comes and if it doesn't work out for w/e reason, you feel it's not right for you or you just don't like it- you can always go back to your old position.

Good and fair point. I would think though this would make some inclined to become T/O first for the same point. You pointed Out Seniority. I'm my job Seniority is king. 👍👍

1 minute ago, Riku said:

Wow awesome bro! They were like in the 1360s for June. Looks like I’m in July or August the way they moving 

Or sooner they randomly jumped 100 numbers the fingerprint fee is a lot though almost 100 dollars

Edited by Schecter

Hey everyone. I was sworn in today. List number 138X. Good luck everyone and thank you all so much for any guidance you have given me. Question for those who have gone to school car - what boots are most comfortable? Lol and also are Dickies navy blue pants okay for the first day? Thank you in advance!!

8 hours ago, Jay0989 said:

Hey everyone. I was sworn in today. List number 138X. Good luck everyone and thank you all so much for any guidance you have given me. Question for those who have gone to school car - what boots are most comfortable? Lol and also are Dickies navy blue pants okay for the first day? Thank you in advance!!

Congrats & welcome. For boots I would suggest the caterpillars. I had the timbs at first and they’re really heavy and uncomfortable, the cats feel like sneakers.

You can find some cheap pants at target that match what they tell you to wear on that packet. You might want to get a duffle bag too since you’ll be getting so much stuff that you must carry everyday. 

11 hours ago, NewbieCR said:

There’s a fingerprint fee as well? When do you need it? Why has no one mentioned this before?

Yeah you need a blank money order of 88.25 for the fingerprinting fee, its stated in the medical email when you get it.

Edited by Schecter

18 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Hey guys so I have my medical/final processing tomorrow can someone calm my nerves and tell me the whole step by step process of what to expect if they dont mind please and thank you a ton!!

That’s too much to type on here, let alone sensitive information. Everyone is case by case at this point. Follow instructions when you get to 18O Livingston. You’ll be fine. Congrats again. 

4 minutes ago, VIP said:

That’s too much to type on here, let alone sensitive information. Everyone is case by case at this point. Follow instructions when you get to 18O Livingston. You’ll be fine. Congrats again. 

Okay no problem sorry to bother and thanks!

Hi guys,

Based on the recent posts, it looks like they are currently in the mid 1xxx's.

Below is a breakdown by score, showing how much numbers are within each score.

Looks like anyone with a score of 97.50 or above were contacted already.

Also seems like they are just starting to contact people with a score of 96.25:

97.50 >>> 508 thru 1436

96.25 >>> 1437 thru 3153

95.00 >>> 3154 thru 5621

93.75 >>> 5622 thru 8452

I did not mention the lower scores because you guys pretty much have no hope of being called.

Hope this puts into perspective whether you should expect a call anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, McFlyGuy said:

Hi guys,

Based on the recent posts, it looks like they are currently in the mid 1xxx's.

Below is a breakdown by score, showing how much numbers are within each score.

Looks like anyone with a score of 97.50 or above were contacted already.

Also seems like they are just starting to contact people with a score of 96.25:

97.50 >>> 508 thru 1436

96.25 >>> 1437 thru 3153

95.00 >>> 3154 thru 5621

93.75 >>> 5622 thru 8452

I did not mention the lower scores because you guys pretty much have no hope of being called.

Hope this puts into perspective whether you should expect a call anytime soon.

They are about to hit number 1400 for hiring. 

20 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So guys I got stopped by the police for riding my bike through a red light but I have final processing and medical tomorrow what should i do?

If you got a ticket,  just let them know tomorrow and when you get the chance to,  pay the fine.  

51 minutes ago, McFlyGuy said:

Does anyone know how many classes they are up to from 6601?

Well there's 2 classes coming up. There was the recent April class who (& ouch) all chose to be in the A division, started posting then got called back into schoolcar for retraining for the B division. Rough.

Then there was my class- February. There was the December class before that. So that's 3 that I know of not including the upcoming ovbs

On 5/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, Riku said:

Great stuff, thank you. Do you know the top pay for conductor by any chance and when do u reach top pay?

Top pay, under the current contract, is $31.63 increasing incrementally over a 6yr period. Used to be 4 then went up 5. The pension benefits are also not as good in the most current tier. Either the union is losing their touch at negotiations or Cuomo is just coming down hard af on TA.

24 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

If you got a ticket,  just let them know tomorrow and when you get the chance to,  pay the fine.  

They let me go I told them I was going for final processing and medical tomorrow and lady officer ran to the guy and told him and they said have a good day lmao