Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t worry about it. As long as you read your stuff and pay attention. You’re golden. I got a 100 in my midterm and I believe I got 100 in the other official tests. Mind you the midterm and yard practical I did with excruciating pain. Checked myself to Er that evening I got home. 

It’s not hard  good luck to all and thanks for the check pick up info  

So I'm trying to order my boots but when I entered my pass number and etc it didn't work, so I called the number they gave us and the lady said I have to call my supervisor I'm like I don't have one yet. So do you guys have any idea who should I call because I need the boots by next week.

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So I'm trying to order my boots but when I entered my pass number and etc it didn't work, so I called the number they gave us and the lady said I have to call my supervisor I'm like I don't have one yet. So do you guys have any idea who should I call because I need the boots by next week.

It takes a couple days to update in the system try later this afternoon or tomorrow since you were sworn in on Friday. 

10 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

When i got sworn in they said wait two days then login and order, u should befine its usually next day or one day shipping 

Would that be two business days or two regular days? Cuz I sworn in Friday

20 minutes ago, Riku said:

Damn won’t let me reply. But looks like they should be in mid 1500s by July 🙌🏾🙏🏾 

Yep at the rate they’re going, absolutely! I think paying the fingerprint fee upfront has a lot to do with it as well 

3 minutes ago, NewbieCR said:

Yep at the rate they’re going, absolutely! I think paying the fingerprint fee upfront has a lot to do with it as well 

Really $87 is going to make people not take a job they truly want??!! I highly doubt it. I think it has more to do with the fact that people just have gotten other opportunities in other places of employment or just don't feel like working for MTA. 

51 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Really $87 is going to make people not take a job they truly want??!! I highly doubt it. I think it has more to do with the fact that people just have gotten other opportunities in other places of employment or just don't feel like working for MTA. 

No not as far as taking the job. Prime example, I got the email after 4pm to report first thing Wednesday. Some people may not have the means to pay that suddenly. Back in the day it used to be taken out of your first or second check. Just saying for some people it may be a hold up. 

5 hours ago, NewbieCR said:

No not as far as taking the job. Prime example, I got the email after 4pm to report first thing Wednesday. Some people may not have the means to pay that suddenly. Back in the day it used to be taken out of your first or second check. Just saying for some people it may be a hold up. 

I doubt many people can't get $87 from somewhere for a job they truly want. I could see if it was hundred of dollars.  This is nyc $87 doesn't go far at all. 

Congratulations everyone coming in! School car is very easy just requires you to do your part as far as studying at home. There’s a lot to learn but it all ties in together. My advice is do the reading assigned as HW from the TSS beforehand and take great notes you should be fine. The job itself is very simple just follow procedure as per school car and expect the unexpected