Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 5/22/2019

This list HAS been established as of 2/14/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "6601" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $22.14 to start, raises to $31.63

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1600s); For Medical: (1300s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR 6/10 & 7/14

Message added by SevenEleven

How hard would you guys say the midterm and practical were I start June 10th school car, and I'm nervous about these mandatory passing exams.

Don’t worry about it. As long as you read your stuff and pay attention. You’re golden. I got a 100 in my midterm and I believe I got 100 in the other official tests. Mind you the midterm and yard practical I did with excruciating pain. Checked myself to Er that evening I got home. 

It’s not hard  good luck to all and thanks for the check pick up info  

So I'm trying to order my boots but when I entered my pass number and etc it didn't work, so I called the number they gave us and the lady said I have to call my supervisor I'm like I don't have one yet. So do you guys have any idea who should I call because I need the boots by next week.

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

So I'm trying to order my boots but when I entered my pass number and etc it didn't work, so I called the number they gave us and the lady said I have to call my supervisor I'm like I don't have one yet. So do you guys have any idea who should I call because I need the boots by next week.

It takes a couple days to update in the system try later this afternoon or tomorrow since you were sworn in on Friday. 

28 minutes ago, Imhim said:

It takes a couple days to update in the system try later this afternoon or tomorrow since you were sworn in on Friday. 

If not who should I call?

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

If not who should I call?

When i got sworn in they said wait two days then login and order, u should befine its usually next day or one day shipping 

10 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

When i got sworn in they said wait two days then login and order, u should befine its usually next day or one day shipping 

Would that be two business days or two regular days? Cuz I sworn in Friday

Posted (edited)

Anybody got advice on the best shoes to pick from the online store? Also how are we supposed to carry stuff if they dont want us bringing a bookbag like the green paper mentions?

Edited by Schecter

On 5/31/2019 at 1:53 PM, Schecter said:

Probably trying to get people into the June or July class

Just got the email... I go for medical on Wednesday! 

5 minutes ago, NewbieCR said:

Just got the email... I go for medical on Wednesday! 

What class!!!!

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Business days

23 minutes ago, Emme0403 said:

Congrats. What’s your number? Trying to get an idea how far away they are from me. I’m number 163X. 

Thank you! I’m 150X

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NewbieCR said:

They said June 10th 

What’s ur list number?

4 minutes ago, NewbieCR said:

Thank you! I’m 150X

Damn won’t let me reply. But looks like they should be in mid 1500s by July 🙌🏾🙏🏾 

20 minutes ago, Riku said:

Damn won’t let me reply. But looks like they should be in mid 1500s by July 🙌🏾🙏🏾 

Yep at the rate they’re going, absolutely! I think paying the fingerprint fee upfront has a lot to do with it as well 

3 minutes ago, NewbieCR said:

Yep at the rate they’re going, absolutely! I think paying the fingerprint fee upfront has a lot to do with it as well 

Really $87 is going to make people not take a job they truly want??!! I highly doubt it. I think it has more to do with the fact that people just have gotten other opportunities in other places of employment or just don't feel like working for MTA. 

51 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Really $87 is going to make people not take a job they truly want??!! I highly doubt it. I think it has more to do with the fact that people just have gotten other opportunities in other places of employment or just don't feel like working for MTA. 

No not as far as taking the job. Prime example, I got the email after 4pm to report first thing Wednesday. Some people may not have the means to pay that suddenly. Back in the day it used to be taken out of your first or second check. Just saying for some people it may be a hold up. 

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

I got sworn in on a thursday i ordered on a monday and got them on tuesday 

9 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

I got sworn in on a thursday i ordered on a monday and got them on tuesday 

Yeah I just ordered mine this afternoon I got the rockport I hope they're comfortable 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, NewbieCR said:

No not as far as taking the job. Prime example, I got the email after 4pm to report first thing Wednesday. Some people may not have the means to pay that suddenly. Back in the day it used to be taken out of your first or second check. Just saying for some people it may be a hold up. 

I doubt many people can't get $87 from somewhere for a job they truly want. I could see if it was hundred of dollars.  This is nyc $87 doesn't go far at all. 

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I just ordered mine this afternoon I got the rockport I hope they're comfortable 

Rockport are comfortable shoes. Just get the Dr Scholls insoles if need be. It's like $5-10 max. 

Congratulations everyone coming in! School car is very easy just requires you to do your part as far as studying at home. There’s a lot to learn but it all ties in together. My advice is do the reading assigned as HW from the TSS beforehand and take great notes you should be fine. The job itself is very simple just follow procedure as per school car and expect the unexpected 

• Thumbs Up 2