Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Isnt tomorrow just the orientation for us and then Tuesday is when the actual classes start? I'm also nervous/excited for tomorrow and Tuesday. And do we wear the boots that we ordered tomorrow or do we have the wear the boots on Tuesday?

If you have your boots you have to wear them everyday..they’re not as strict the first day but after a TSS speaks to you about the uniform they start expecting you to be in full uniform everyday 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isnt tomorrow just the orientation for us and then Tuesday is when the actual classes start? I'm also nervous/excited for tomorrow and Tuesday. And do we wear the boots that we ordered tomorrow or do we have the wear the boots on Tuesday?

My boots are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but I won’t be home cuz I’ll be at orientation, so idk how this is gonna work 

1 minute ago, Sally08 said:

If you have your boots you have to wear them everyday..they’re not as strict the first day but after a TSS speaks to you about the uniform they start expecting you to be in full uniform everyday 

So even tomorrow for orientation at the TWU building we need to wear our boots correct?

Just now, Schecter said:

So even tomorrow for orientation at the TWU building we need to wear our boots correct?

Yes if you have your boots you must wear them.. there are gonna be a few days where you’re just sitting at PS 248 and not in the yard or train but you are still required to be in uniform which includes TA issued boots 

2 minutes ago, Sally08 said:

Yes if you have your boots you must wear them.. there are gonna be a few days where you’re just sitting at PS 248 and not in the yard or train but you are still required to be in uniform which includes TA issued boots 

Okay and one last thing we need to wear dark blue pants and light blue button down shirt every day until we get out uniforms right? Just trying to figure out how many of the same pants and shirts I'm going to have to buy lol. Sorry for the bother

Just now, Schecter said:

Okay and one last thing we need to wear dark blue pants and light blue button down shirt every day until we get out uniforms right? Just trying to figure out how many of the same pants and shirts I'm going to have to buy lol. Sorry for the bother

Don’t purchase too many my uniform came a few days after I was measured and my order was submitted..I was lucky that my uniform came in the correct sizes. Some people do have to send their uniforms back for the correct size but again once corrected the uniforms arrive rather fast.. I wouldn’t invest a lot of cash into the blue pants and light blue shirt. And yes it’s everyday that you wear the pants and shirt..everything with this job is repetition..you’ll be wearing the same thing and bringing the same thing everyday

1 minute ago, Sally08 said:

Don’t purchase too many my uniform came a few days after I was measured and my order was submitted..I was lucky that my uniform came in the correct sizes. Some people do have to send their uniforms back for the correct size but again once corrected the uniforms arrive rather fast.. I wouldn’t invest a lot of cash into the blue pants and light blue shirt. And yes it’s everyday that you wear the pants and shirt..everything with this job is repetition..you’ll be wearing the same thing and bringing the same thing everyday

How many days into training did they start doing the measurements for the official uniforms and such?

14 hours ago, NewbieCR said:

My boots are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but I won’t be home cuz I’ll be at orientation, so idk how this is gonna work 

Sorry for the late reply just explain to them what happened if they ask but if anything wear shoes that are sturdy,hard soled black or brown laced shoes like the green paper mentions on the very bottom of the first page. 

Sorry for the late reply just explain to them what happened if they ask but if anything wear shoes that are sturdy,hard soled black or brown laced shoes like the green paper mentions on the very bottom of the first page. 

I’m here already lol. Good luck to you & everyone else starting with us today! 

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Apparently the B division was the most popular choice, everybody took it and left most people with the A division. I was part of that group unfortunately 

It sucks not getting the division you wanted, but you’ll be able to switch divisions eventually when you’re able to pick a job. 

6 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It sucks not getting the division you wanted, but you’ll be able to switch divisions eventually when you’re able to pick a job. 

Yeah my mom’s friend used to be a conductor just gotta manage being a extra extra for the time being. Forgot to ask him how long are you a extra extra before u can pick jobs

25 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yeah my mom’s friend used to be a conductor just gotta manage being a extra extra for the time being. Forgot to ask him how long are you a extra extra before u can pick jobs

There’s no set timeframe. I’ve met people who were able to pick jobs while they were still on probation, for me I’ve been out for 11 months now and I’m still xx. I *might* be able to pick later this year depending on how many people retire/promote/quit, etc... 

@NewbieCR @Schecter look on the bright side, atleast you’ll get to see me! :D

9 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

There’s no set timeframe. I’ve met people who were able to pick jobs while they were still on probation, for me I’ve been out for 11 months now and I’m still xx. I *might* be able to pick later this year depending on how many people retire/promote/quit, etc... 

Uh oh we got a team mate already!!! How hard would you say the test were? Were they pretty much common sense?

18 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Yay!!!