Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Uh oh we got a team mate already!!! How hard would you say the test were? Were they pretty much common sense?

By the time you take your exams you shouldn’t have a problem as long as your keeping up with the material. At first things will seem complicated because there’s so much material to go over in such little time, but your instructors will be drilling it into your heads everyday. You’ll be fine just pay attention, study, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. 

2nd day of school car and you get tons of stuff... anybody going in July better bring a big bag because you're going to need it. But eventually you're going to need a bag that can hide its straps or that can get tucked away because you can't have a bag with straps while walking the tracks. People as well at the TSS mention to get KaKa bags because they're really good and a lot of transit people use them.

16 hours ago, Schecter said:

2nd day of school car and you get tons of stuff... anybody going in July better bring a big bag because you're going to need it. But eventually you're going to need a bag that can hide its straps or that can get tucked away because you can't have a bag with straps while walking the tracks. People as well at the TSS mention to get KaKa bags because they're really good and a lot of transit people use them.

The bags are really caca. 

I swapped mine out when I got on the road. 

One guy in my class was a promotional -- didn't even get the bag. 

On 6/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, Schecter said:

Okay and one last thing we need to wear dark blue pants and light blue button down shirt every day until we get out uniforms right? Just trying to figure out how many of the same pants and shirts I'm going to have to buy lol. Sorry for the bother

Don't buy anything.

I know this sounds dirty, but rewear some of those clothes,

I've been in the title for 1+ year, I wear Dickies with the tag removed. 

The TA pants are trash if you are a woman. 

On 6/8/2019 at 7:11 PM, Schecter said:

Do we actually study on a train or is it all inside of a school? Because they have me going to orientation Monday and then Tuesday to coney island for the first class.

You will be in various yards in  classroom, with additional training on a train.

Ex: You report to East NY Yard (ENYD; TSS will meet you at Broadway Junction) for R42 training (or structure walk).

You might be in one of the training trailers in ENYD, where you ditch your bag and everyone goes to that piece of shit train for training. (Sorry, f**k the R42.)

On 6/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

There’s no set timeframe. I’ve met people who were able to pick jobs while they were still on probation, for me I’ve been out for 11 months now and I’m still xx. I *might* be able to pick later this year depending on how many people retire/promote/quit, etc... 

@NewbieCR @Schecter look on the bright side, atleast you’ll get to see me! :D

Got the final processing email for the July 15th class here we go 😬

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Oh yessssss finallyyyyy!!! Get ready to be at the class at 0700 all the way deep in brooklyn

Thanks for the heads up lol gotta adjust my body back to getting up in the mornings again. 😭

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

I'm so nervous about the practical and the midterm and final I'm in the classes now well the school in Brooklyn for now and I'm scared of these test 

We got this, you gonna do fine. I’m gonna be nervous too just cause lol. Just gotta stay focus and believe 🙏

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Hey can anybody explain what road posting is during school car?

You will be assigned to work a line, with a conductor, in revenue service (with customers). So normally you're supposed to work the trips as the Conductor watches or assist you and critiques your operation. For T/Os we did just about every line in the system on different tours. Some operators will split the trips with you, so when you're not operating you can take notes on the line. The person you're assigned to work with that day then signs your posting papers at the end of the shift along with the dispatcher.