Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Can we make an anonymous poll of users on the forum to find out when they took the test (date and AM or PM sessions) and which questions they received wrong for that particular session.  This way we can compare notes and see if many people had a particular question # marked as incorrect (as per the proposed answer key).  Maybe we could have a separate poll for each test date and AM/PM session...   

Is this possible?

I took my exam on 4/23/16 Am. Its a fact that one of the questions had two possible answers and they didn't put both. So for sure that need to be protested

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took th exam on 4/23/2016 in the PM and I got four wrong. #21,#26, #45, and #77. I feel good about my 95% regardless of what people may suggest on here. Good job to everyone else, who took the exam

Edited by Norday

I took th exam on 4/23/2016 in the PM and I got four wrong. #21,#26, #45, and #77. I feel good about my 95% regardless of what people may suggest on here. Good job to everyone else, who took the exam

I also took the exam on 4/23 PM.  I got 21, 50, 78, and 80 wrong.

Exam 4-23. AM Session

Thinking of protesting two answers

#63 B Key Ans.C

#53 B Key Ans.C

What is the protest policy? 

#38 Dr Key Ans.B

4-23 AM Madison High School Brooklyn

Yeah man. I saw some posts in here with people with decent scores beating themselves up over their results and they shouldn't be. There's plenty of determining factors which is why we all should just chill.

*Not everyone will accept the call or pass the drug test when the time comes.

*The last C/R exam had about 14k applicants (or people who passed I'm not sure) and without counting people with added credits only a little over 100 got a perfect score.

*These results aren't final and scores will be adjusted. Hopefully they'll throw out the question I got wrong so I have a perfect score lol.

*And lastly they're in the mid 5000's on the current C/R exam so who knows what the future holds.

Taking an educated guess, I'd say anything with 5 or less wrong you should be fine. Goodluck to everyone.

You are forgetting that over 40,000 people took this test

Right, but the vast majority got way many more wrong than 5 or 6 questions. I think that if I can get maybe three wrong answers out of my six thrown out that would be a big help.

The kinds of questions that must be protested if they get marked wrong are discretionary questions. Like, if a child is crying alone on the station, what is the most appropriate thing to do? Or, what if a shopping cart gets stuck in the doors, or if someone asks you for directions and you don't understand them, what should you do? Those are the questions that can possibly be protested successfully. Anyone here have any tboughts about that?

4/24 PM session

#51 - B (C) <- correct answers

#53 - B (C)

#79 - B (A)

Pretty bummed I got 3 wrong but i hope that the drug test and oral test help eliminate some people.

Does anybody know how the protest session works?

Edited by Dcspz

I doubt people who scored 95-100 are the drug users...

So therefore I don't think that will happen. Go to the protest and challenge any unfair questions. That's probably your best chance of being called sooner unfortunately...

Pretty bummed I got 3 wrong but i hope that the drug test and oral test help eliminate some people.

Does anybody know how the protest session works?

Right, but the vast majority got way many more wrong than 5 or 6 questions. I think that if I can get maybe three wrong answers out of my six thrown out that would be a big help.

The kinds of questions that must be protested if they get marked wrong are discretionary questions. Like, if a child is crying alone on the station, what is the most appropriate thing to do? Or, what if a shopping cart gets stuck in the doors, or if someone asks you for directions and you don't understand them, what should you do? Those are the questions that can possibly be protested successfully. Anyone here have any tboughts about that?

i've seen facebook posts with people bragging about having "only 13 wrong" because they "passed". Alot of people underestimated this exam because it seemed easy on the surface and now they're paying the price.

As for the questions, I found those in particular fairly easy. I don't remember the exact questions, but for the directions question I think it was you invite them on board the train and explain in better detail. For the shopping cart one can you be more specific? Like if the train was in motion or sitting in the station.

People need to stop making assumptions. The real deal are the list numbers which is probably like a year away. Either way you look at it, we are all going to be waiting a while. IMO 95-100 should be called eventually.

I think most of us that are real serious about working for MTA are on these forums for all the exams we have taken. Everyone else stays on social media.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by dac9050

People need to stop making assumptions. The real deal are the list numbers which is probably like a year away. Either way you look at it, we are all going to be waiting a while. IMO 95-100 should be called eventually.

Exactly. The final key still needs to be released and the list isn't even close yet. I'll start making conclusions when I see my list number an eternity from now. For now, I have to keep working shitty jobs.

I put "B" for # 31 and according to the proposed answer key the correct answer is "C".

What was the answer you put for this question? "B" also?

I'm sure there is more than just us two that put B for 31. Sounds like an appeal to me.

Will you be at the MTA Protest session this Monday, 07/11/2016 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM? 

I am very interested in reviewing what this question was asking this Monday during the Protest session... 

I'm sure there is more than just us two that put B for 31. Sounds like an appeal to me.

Will you be at the MTA Protest session this Monday, 07/11/2016 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM?

I am very interested in reviewing what this question was asking this Monday during the Protest session...

I'm trying to switch my schedule at work to get there.