Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Just now, JHanna said:

Hey everybody name Is Jay I’m New to the forums. I’ve been reading the comments on here every once in a while trying to keep updated. My mother retired from conductor after 22 years. Father retired as well from MTA as a Supervisor In Station after 20+ yrs. 

I pretty much scored a 87.50 list # around 19k. They both told me actually I’m fine and they’ll call me. I am aware that seeing a lot of the vets retiring does play a big factor into being called sooner. Does anybody have any idea what  list number the agency is up to? Thank you God bless

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, JHanna said:

Hey everybody name Is Jay I’m New to the forums. I’ve been reading the comments on here every once in a while trying to keep updated. My mother retired from conductor after 22 years. Father retired as well from MTA as a Supervisor In Station after 20+ yrs. 

I pretty much scored a 87.50 list # around 19k. They both told me actually I’m fine and they’ll call me. I am aware that seeing a lot of the vets retiring doesn’t play a big factor into being called sooner. Does anybody have any idea what  list number the agency is up to? Thank you God bless

I believe they're up to the 1500s

12 hours ago, JHanna said:

I pretty much scored a 87.50 list # around 19k. They both told me actually I’m fine and they’ll call me. I am aware that seeing a lot of the vets retiring doesn’t play a big factor into being called sooner. Does anybody have any idea what  list number the agency is up to? Thank you God bless

I’m currently in school car that started 6/10 & I’m number 150X.... so they’re currently hiring in the 1500’s

Hey guys. When I handed in my paperwork I think I might’ve missed putting down a job or two since I had so many since I was a kid. Do you guys think that will disqualify me if and when I go in for final processing? Will my interviewer cut me for that? 

On 6/24/2019 at 2:59 PM, JHanna said:

Just read this. Focus on other jobs. Take tests for other places. You're parents are being optimistic. The last exam they kept the list open for 9-10yrs and they didn't get anywhere near 19k. 

I'm doubtful they will get to 10k on this list. 

31 minutes ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Just read this. Focus on other jobs. Take tests for other places. You're parents are being optimistic. The last exam they kept the list open for 9-10yrs and they didn't get anywhere near 19k. 

I'm doubtful they will get to 10k on this list. 

I'm glad you said it because. MTA isn't going to get no where near 10k let alone 19k! Let be more honest and realistic to each other 

Edited by EgyptianEyez

7 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

I'm glad you said it because. MTA isn't going to get no where near 10k let alone 19k! Let be more honest and realistic to each other 

If you had to take a guess, what list number do you think they would go up to? 

13 minutes ago, Mets91 said:

If you had to take a guess, what list number do you think they would go up to? 

Realistically if they keep the same pace with hiring I say 4000-5000. It also depends if ppl retire or promote to other jobs. Anything can happen but getting to 10K won't happen 

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

They've mention that a bunch of people are entering at the right time because they are hiring a lot of conductors because of the amount of people retiring. Idk how much a lot is but just informing you guys/gals.

True but unless a it's a mass retirement they wont get to 10K. It's been over an year in half and they are close to what list #? Like I said b4 anything can happen, but let's be realistic. What list number are they up to and when was the list establish exactly again?

On 6/29/2019 at 10:51 AM, Far Rock Depot said:

What are the odds that they have already filled up the July class?  155x and still waiting on the email. 

I was thinking the same thing too bro. But since the vacancies to be filled for conductors is no where near the amount called in for school car, all we can do is have hope, be more patient, and enjoy the rest of the summer until that email comes. All I’m wondering is if there is an August class for conductors because there are rumors that one is confirmed for T/O, but I’m just going by what I read off the T/O thread. If anyone can verify a class for conductors this August, that would be awesome. 

Edited by Oceans11

24 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

Just checked and saw I’m being considered for Conductor and have to be at 180 this Tuesday for my medical. It’s for an August 19th class. List number is 164X. 

I'm 155x and I just called and was told to expect a letter in the mail.  This isn't looking good. 

40 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

Was confused because I read on this thread that at the medical, they take another urine test.  Is that true? Or they only doing the physical with no urine being taken? 

The second urinalysis is to check your sugar. Goodluck with the medical you’re almost there. 

I’ve been seeing a bunch of new classes recently, just yesterday I saw a class of conductors doing road ops. To everyone waiting just be patient. Seems like every week there’s a retirement party or someone getting a shoutout via the radio for retiring. 

48 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

Was confused because I read on this thread that at the medical, they take another urine test.  Is that true? Or they only doing the physical with no urine being taken? 

Yeah second urine test 

41 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I'm 155x and I just called and was told to expect a letter in the mail.  This isn't looking good. 

You should call,  you should be in the July class coming up if they already in the 1600s 

1 minute ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Hold ya head bruh. Hopefully it's all good. 

I'm trying but idk man.   Everyone gets an email. They go past my number by 90 and tell me they sent a letter I'm getting any day now.  A friend of mine got a letter last summer when they were up to his number.  He fell victim to the 1 in 3 rule. If one person here who got called for Medical for this test received a letter instead of an email I'll be less worried. But they did pass my number.