Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

Hey,

So I just mistaken the medical email. It’s not a medical email. It’s an email to do a second lab assessment. That makes no sense to be honest. Just did pre-employment in May. Can anyone let me know why am I going into a second lab assessment before the drug test has expired?

I was wondering why they never said anything in the email you got about fingerprints or anything. What's your list number?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I heard from a little birdy that the 1600s will be called soon 

2 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

My list number is 163X. 

Yeah ur  drug test probably expired. They should be close cause they already at the 1600s for medical. which means you will be in the August class most likely 

1 hour ago, NUSN said:

Hey guys I’m sure someone answered this question already. But does anyone know how long school car typically is? Just need to plan things out accordingly with my wife. 

School car is Monday to Friday from like 7am-3pm. For about 6-8 weeks depending on division I heard. 

23 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yeah ur  drug test probably expired. They should be close cause they already at the 1600s for medical. which means you will be in the August class most likely 

I hope I’m in the August class. I hope for the best. 

2 hours ago, Riku said:

I guess he meant getting hired not officially till after training lol

Lol, spot on. My fault I wasn’t clear enough. Oddly enough, like others said lately, it was really quiet down at 180. In total, I believe I saw about 5 or 6 people going for their medical for conductor only while others were there for other positions. Sorry if that’s not being to specific. Not counting MTA employees already, I would like to say maybe 20 bodies in total, but that’s a rough estimate. Again, 180 was quiet up until I left around 2pm today. Even from reading the stories that say you will be in medical / final processing all day, they were moving like an assembly line in the MAC. I was really shocked how quick things were going. 

8 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

Lol, spot on. My fault I wasn’t clear enough. Oddly enough, like others said lately, it was really quiet down at 180. In total, I believe I saw about 5 or 6 people going for their medical for conductor only while others were there for other positions. Sorry if that’s not being to specific. Not counting MTA employees already, I would like to say maybe 20 bodies in total, but that’s a rough estimate. Again, 180 was quiet up until I left around 2pm today. Even from reading the stories that say you will be in medical / final processing all day, they were moving like an assembly line in the MAC. I was really shocked how quick things were going. 

Yeah it was only 2 other guys getting hired as a conductor when I went. 

The senior people down here always told me that time flies in transit and they sure are right. I got off probation yesterday and it feels crazy. I remember my first time in Moshulu yard getting track qualified like it was yesterday holy crap. 

1 year down a 33 more years to go. 

37 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The senior people down here always told me that time flies in transit and they sure are right. I got off probation yesterday and it feels crazy. I remember my first time in Moshulu yard getting track qualified like it was yesterday holy crap. 

Damn really that fast that's good continuing closing them doors and keeping an eye on those mdc lights lol

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Congrats bro !!! But 33 years left? I’m lost, lol 

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Damn really that fast that's good continuing closing them doors and keeping an eye on those mdc lights lol

I’m trying to lol these damn passengers make it hard holding the doors.

23 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

Congrats bro !!! But 33 years left? I’m lost, lol 

Thank you and yeah 33 left. With that 25/55 thing under tier 6. I got hired when I was 21.  Plan on moving up as far as I can there’s a promo to atd test coming out this year and I’m (impatiently) waiting for the next promotion to train operator exam. 

38 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Thank you and yeah 33 left. With that 25/55 thing under tier 6. I got hired when I was 21.  Plan on moving up as far as I can there’s a promo to atd test coming out this year and I’m (impatiently) waiting for the next promotion to train operator exam. 

I got you. One can only apply to take promo exams only after they completed their one year probation period? 

42 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

What 25/55 thing?? Are you talking about the pension plan? If so please elaborate.