Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Schecter said:

It's good cant complain just a lot of stuff to learn in so little time so be ready to get crammed with stuff

Whew, Getting myself ready for Monday. Hope they let us pick divisions 

12 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Some people got put in the division they didnt wanna be in a lot of people picked the B and the remaining people got stuck in the A division.

Darn figured that’s what happened like the others said. Ugh I want the B division but a bad feeling it’s gonna be the A division 

1 hour ago, Riku said:

Darn figured that’s what happened like the others said. Ugh I want the B division but a bad feeling it’s gonna be the A division 

A division is easier the only downside is MOST the jobs start in The Bronx. 

1 minute ago, VIP said:

A division is easier the only downside is MOST the jobs start in The Bronx. 

Easier how? Shoot might make me rethink it lol. Nothing is easy but if it’s somehow a easier path while getting through probation I’m listening lol 

10 hours ago, Riku said:

I wanted the B divison but got tossed into the A divison because the B division got filled up quickly. It could be easier because the A division only has 7 lines compared to the B division which has 15 lines. Also the A divison has only R188s, R62s, and R142s 

Edited by Schecter

12 hours ago, Schecter said:

It's good cant complain just a lot of stuff to learn in so little time so be ready to get crammed with stuff

Aye aye Captain, lol. Looking forward to getting my feet wet and diving right in. 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

I wanted the B divison but got tossed into the A divison because the B division got filled up quickly. It could be easier because the A division only has 7 lines compared to the B division which has 15 lines. Also the A divison has only R188s, R62s, and R142s 

19 out of the 20 from my A class got transferred to B division because they needed CRs. There’s word that they still need CRs in B so you guys may get your wish of being in B  

17 hours ago, Riku said:

Easier how? Shoot might make me rethink it lol. Nothing is easy but if it’s somehow a easier path while getting through probation I’m listening lol 

If given the choice I strongly suggest what works for you commute wise. As long as you do your part to study the material given and pay attention in class you'll be fine it's really not hard. It's not easy living in Brooklyn working in the A div some people in my induction group quit because they couldn't handle the traveling. Time attendence and punctuality are very important down here.

And what's "easy" to some is different for others. We have heavy ridership here in the A div. I've met some conductors who transferred from the B div and they admitted it was an adjustment because of how fast-paced and how high pressure the enviornment is overe here. The 1 and 6 lines will make or break you and as a rookie conductor you will be seeing those lines alot.

21 hours ago, Oceans11 said:

I got you. One can only apply to take promo exams only after they completed their one year probation period? 

Nah. Justnhave to be off probation to get called, but by the time that happens you'll be off anyway since it takes a year to grade/certify the list anyway.

12 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

If given the choice I strongly suggest what works for you commute wise. As long as you do your part to study the material given and pay attention in class you'll be fine it's really not hard. It's not easy living in Brooklyn working in the A div some people in my induction group quit because they couldn't handle the traveling. Time attendence and punctuality are very important down here.

And what's "easy" to some is different for others. We have heavy ridership here in the A div. I've met some conductors who transferred from the B div and they admitted it was an adjustment because of how fast-paced and how high pressure the enviornment is overe here. The 1 and 6 lines will make or break you and as a rookie conductor you will be seeing those lines alot.

This info is very much appreciated thank you,I live in uptown Manhattan. So it can work with A and B depending on how deep Bronx lines are. But 1 and 6 lines sound like a big deal cause I heard some stations you can’t open the whole train. Only the front. 

15 minutes ago, Riku said:

This info is very much appreciated thank you,I live in uptown Manhattan. So it can work with A and B depending on how deep Bronx lines are. But 1 and 6 lines sound like a big deal cause I heard some stations you can’t open the whole train. Only the front. 

That would be the 3 line at 145th you can only open the front.

15 minutes ago, Riku said:

The 1 train's north terminal is Van Cortlandt 242, the 2 would be Wakefield 241, the 4 would be Woodlawn, the 5 would be Eastchester Dyre Avenue, and the 6 would be Pelham Bay Park these are all the bronx terminals as far as it goes for the A division.

34 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Nah. Justnhave to be off probation to get called, but by the time that happens you'll be off anyway since it takes a year to grade/certify the list anyway.

Thanks for that little tidbit bro. 

Hey,

So I received the medical/final processing email. I’m going on Tuesday. The email tells me everything I need to know and what to bring. What should I expect for the medical? I am usually there super early to be one of the first ones in. What’s the earliest I should be out? 

17 minutes ago, Emme0403 said:

Hey,

So I received the medical/final processing email. I’m going on Tuesday. The email tells me everything I need to know and what to bring. What should I expect for the medical? I am usually there super early to be one of the first ones in. What’s the earliest I should be out? 

The medical consist of a blood pressure check, an eye check, a hearing test, a diabetes check, a weight check, an ekg check and a BMI check and neck size.