Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, Oceans11 said:

I’m starting on August 19th. 

I’ll be there with you bro. Was sworn in this past Wednesday. Just ordered my boots. So excited man can’t wait to start this new chapter in my life. I wish the rest of you lots of luck out there. Don’t be discouraged and just be patient. God has a plan for everyone. Be safe. 

2 hours ago, NUSN said:

I’ll be there with you bro. Was sworn in this past Wednesday. Just ordered my boots. So excited man can’t wait to start this new chapter in my life. I wish the rest of you lots of luck out there. Don’t be discouraged and just be patient. God has a plan for everyone. Be safe. 

If you don’t mind me asking what’s your list number? Just curious how much longer of a wait I might have as my list number is 18**

3 hours ago, NUSN said:

Congrats on getting sworn in too bro, I’ll make sure to look out for you on orientation day. Trust me bro, you took the words right out of my mouth, looking forward to this too. I ordered my boots and choose the Rockports. How about you? 

5 hours ago, Oceans11 said:

Congrats on getting sworn in too bro, I’ll make sure to look out for you on orientation day. Trust me bro, you took the words right out of my mouth, looking forward to this too. I ordered my boots and choose the Rockports. How about you? 

I chose the Caterpillars. They just look overall better and they give that extra wide feet comfort. 

5 hours ago, Oceans11 said:

Rockports are comfortable I got them in a size bigger and wide and they feel good no foot pain what so ever.

And ladies and guys who are entering school car soon aka this month or in August make sure you get a heavy duty bag where the straps can get tucked away, because you're not allowed to cross any tracks what so ever with any bags with straps hanging everywhere. Imagined a strap getting caught by a train and dragging you with it, it wouldnt be fun. I bought the kaka bag from Amazon and with that bag you're able to zip up the back straps. And I say a heavy duty bag because your bag is going to be super heavy with all the PPEs and books you'll be carrying around every single day.

Just now, Schecter said:

And ladies and guys who are entering school car soon aka this month or in August make sure you get a heavy duty bag where the straps can get tucked away, because you're not allowed to cross any tracks what so ever with any bags with straps hanging everywhere. Imagined a strap getting caught by a train and dragging you with it, it wouldnt be fun. I bought the kaka bag from Amazon and with that bag you're able to zip up the back straps. And I say a heavy duty bag because your bag is going to be super heavy with all the PPEs and books you'll be carrying around every single day.

Yea I heard about the Kaka bag, I got one from amazon too. Damn guess the Rule and regulation book was just a appetizer lol

6 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yea I heard about the Kaka bag, I got one from amazon too. Damn guess the Rule and regulation book was just a appetizer lol

You get two more thick books and then a ton of other papers and then all your equipment and make sure you get a notebook and loose leaf papers just in case they ask for you guys to do homework on a separate paper, and index cards and a highlighter if you so wish to make studying easier.

2 hours ago, Sfredo said:

My list number is 2,0XX , i see people in mid 1800s getting called for PE. Should i expect PE before end of year?

I would not be surprised if you did, but it all depends on the vacancies that need to be filled. Also, requests are done in quarters so we will need to wait for the next quarter on what the hiring needs will be. That usually is a way to tell if you will get that golden ticket for your P/E. Please, take what I say with a grain of salt, just posting what I read on this forum. If someone with better knowledge can chime in, that would be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

You get two more thick books and then a ton of other papers and then all your equipment and make sure you get a notebook and loose leaf papers just in case they ask for you guys to do homework on a separate paper, and index cards and a highlighter if you so wish to make studying easier.

How’s school been treating you bro? 

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

Good just a lot of cramming of information, and its true what they said the the role of a conductor isn't just about opening and closing doors.

I’m all honesty, growing up, I assumed the same thing but figured out that wasn’t the case. I’m looking forward to this new chapter of my life, won’t let nothing but the fear of GOD stop me. 

Edited by Oceans11

35 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

I’m all honesty, growing up, I assumed the same thing but figured out that wasn’t the case. I’m looking forward to this new chapter of my life, won’t let nothing but the fear of GOD stop me. 

You got this man just be positive about everything bro. 

8 hours ago, Oceans11 said:

Amen, it’s  a safety sensitive job so I didn’t expect it to be simple.