Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

21 hours ago, nipaaaa said:

so what do conductors actually do?

I'm sensing sarcastic animosity with your post, and If i'm mistaken, then my apologies. Your comment came across as adding extra toxicity to the unfortunate environment of Train Operator vs. Conductor. 

Also If i recall correctly, you made a post in a different thread about your failure to communicate with your Conductor, resulting in them refusing to open train doors, or pulling the cord on you. Hopefully one day the "us versus them" dilemma can start to be resolved.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, train1290 said:
On 7/13/2019 at 5:13 AM, Schecter said:

You cant have a BMI of 35 and over and your neck size has to be 17 inches or below

6 hours ago, train1290 said:

I thought that at 17 inches or above that they would put you on medical hold? 

Can someone please answer my question?

1 hour ago, Emphasis said:

I'm sensing sarcastic animosity with your post, and If i'm mistaken, then my apologies. Your comment came across as adding extra toxicity to the unfortunate environment of Train Operator vs. Conductor. 

Also If i recall correctly, you made a post in a different thread about your failure to communicate with your Conductor, resulting in them refusing to open train doors, or pulling the cord on you. Hopefully one day the "us versus them" dilemma can start to be resolved.

nah it was an earnest question. My story has nothing to do with my it. I know some of the conductor duties but not all, maybe there are some things that aren't as obvious like door operation that I wanted to learn about. And trust me, there is no operator vs conductor, that's just a myth to fuel the narrative.

27 minutes ago, JayBee said:

Note to any future new hires attending orientation - Don't wear shorts, don't wear non-Transit hats and definitely don't get caught sleeping even during orientation!

Uh-Oh. Seems like something crazy happened. 

1 hour ago, JayBee said:

Note to any future new hires attending orientation - Don't wear shorts, don't wear non-Transit hats and definitely don't get caught sleeping even during orientation!

Yeah, that was sure embarrassing having to be told to get out. 

8 hours ago, JayBee said:

Who's that silly to wear shorts smh people like being disciplined I guess

12 hours ago, Riku said:

First day in the books anyone know when u pick ur shift and if u pick division and shift on same day? And how picking goes?

You won't get to pick your shift until you get to pick your job which can take up to a year or a year and a half. Picked jobs will be based on seniority. When you first start out you'll be considered extra extra which is random times and random RDOs. When it comes to division that will be based on your list number from what I've seen the B division fills up quickly and people get tossed into the A division as soon as the B division gets filled up. 

44 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You won't get to pick your shift until you get to pick your job which can take up to a year or a year and a half. Picked jobs will be based on seniority. When you first start out you'll be considered extra extra which is random times and random RDOs. When it comes to division that will be based on your list number from what I've seen the B division fills up quickly and people get tossed into the A division as soon as the B division gets filled up. 

I’m in the B division hope I made right choice I’m like right in the middle so both could of worked. I just stuck with my original choice. 😭

Hey guys.. What are the chances of them hiring someone with a list number of 12,000? A buddy of mines has that list # and I know that exam expires in 2022..

When i called DCAS last number they are processing is in the 8,000 & hired was like 1,500 or something like that..

I was in school car last year for TO, but resigned when Sanitation called me...

23 hours ago, Riku said:

First day in the books anyone know when u pick ur shift and if u pick division and shift on same day? And how picking goes?

Adding onto what Scheter said when you're almost finished with the training course you'll fill out a preference sheet with what tour and rdo's you want. Just an FYI your tour/rdo's are subject to change on a weekly basis based on the needs of the crew office while you're xx and you may/may not get what you want.

8 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Hey guys.. What are the chances of them hiring someone with a list number of 12,000? A buddy of mines has that list # and I know that exam expires in 2022..

When i called DCAS last number they are processing is in the 8,000 & hired was like 1,500 or something like that..

I was in school car last year for TO, but resigned when Sanitation called me...

Highly unlikely but hey you never know the previous list was calling people for 10 years.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Adding onto what Scheter said when you're almost finished with the training course you'll fill out a preference sheet with what tour and rdo's you want. Just an FYI your tour/rdo's are subject to change on a weekly basis based on the needs of the crew office while you're xx and you may/may not get what you want.

Yeah they told us that today staying on extra extra varies how long u stay on that list? Or it lasts for a whole year?

8 hours ago, Riku said:

Yeah they told us that today staying on extra extra varies how long u stay on that list? Or it lasts for a whole year?

I think it depends I know the next picked jobs are happening in October but none of us will have the luxury to pick then since we first started and all the people with seniority are going to be jumping on it. 

41 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I think it depends I know the next picked jobs are happening in October but none of us will have the luxury to pick then since we first started and all the people with seniority are going to be jumping on it. 

Ah I see it’s when you can pick 

Hey all,

i just wanted to let you guys know that I cleared my medical hold today and I am officially hired. Start date is August 19. Can’t wait to meet all those that start the same day. And those whom are almost there, keep your heads up. You got this. 

5 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

Hey all,

i just wanted to let you guys know that I cleared my medical hold today and I am officially hired. Start date is August 19. Can’t wait to meet all those that start the same day. And those whom are almost there, keep your heads up. You got this. 

Congrats sis, looking forward to meeting you and the rest on the 19th. 

I just received my KaKa Bag today. I thought we couldn’t have a bag with straps? The bag that I got today has straps for days. The reason I got this bag was because I read on here that it’s the best bag to get for MTA

7 minutes ago, NUSN said:

I just received my KaKa Bag today. I thought we couldn’t have a bag with straps? The bag that I got today has straps for days. The reason I got this bag was because I read on here that it’s the best bag to get for MTA

I got the KAKA bag for school car. You can turn it  into like a duffel bag and carry it over your shoulders.