Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

54 minutes ago, Riku said:

I got the KAKA bag for school car. You can turn it  into like a duffel bag and carry it over your shoulders. 

There are so many different kinds. Can you give some suggestions on which one is good. Considering the whole straps things while on the tracks. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

There are so many different kinds. Can you give some suggestions on which one is good. Considering the whole straps things while on the tracks. 

I got this one

https://www.amazon.com/KAKA-Backpack-Waterproof-Students,Anti-Theft-40L(Black)/dp/B00Y9WXB7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=kaka+bag&qid=1563446688&s=gateway&sr=8-3

7 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

Yeah what the link schefter posted is the exact same one I got 

16 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

What it sounds like to me is that either the KAKA bag with stowaway shoulder straps will do or a regular duffel bag, or am I bugging? Because if that’s the case, I’ll stick with a duffel instead. 

Trust me get the bag that schefter posted. Your getting a lot of stuff and regular duffel bag isn’t going to cut it. 

5 minutes ago, Riku said:

Trust me get the bag that schefter posted. Your getting a lot of stuff and regular duffel bag isn’t going to cut it. 

The duffel I’m looking at have the same 40L capacity like the KAKA bag with no straps, only a handle. 

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Funny because that’s the same one I was looking at. Awesome. Thanks so much. Will definitely purchase for car school. And I will order my shoes this weekend as well. You guys are great. Thanks for all the help. 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Oceans11 said:

What it sounds like to me is that either the KAKA bag with stowaway shoulder straps will do or a regular duffel bag, or am I bugging? Because if that’s the case, I’ll stick with a duffel instead. 

i use a regular adidas duffel and it's been fine

2 minutes ago, Oceans11 said:

That’s what I was assuming, a regular duffel would be fine. Guess we know what bag I’m going with, lol. 

It’s your choice, but you get a lot of tools and two thick booklets plus gotta being ur rule book with u everyday. 

4 hours ago, Riku said:

whatever you do choose just make sure it got a lot of room lol 

How’s school car been treating you bro? Besides the usual, like studying our butts off and paying close attention, what should we incoming freshman be on the look out for? 

Edited by Oceans11

3 hours ago, Oceans11 said:

How’s school car been treating you bro? Besides the usual, like studying our butts off and paying close attention, what should we incoming freshman be on the look out for? 

Be on the lookout for learning a ton of information all at once it's going to overwhelming in school car everything was getting stuffed into me that I felt overwhelmed and that I'd never be able to do a proper door operation or terminal operation. Now I can and feel confident for the final and practical.

3 hours ago, Oceans11 said:

Like schefter said it’s a bit overwhelming just finished the first week and it’s chapters and chapters of homework they want you to know Monday lol. Just be prepared to be hit with a lot of info and be motivated and ready to study ur ass off. 

3 minutes ago, Riku said:

Like schefter said it’s a bit overwhelming just finished the first week and it’s chapters and chapters of homework they want you to know Monday lol. Just be prepared to be hit with a lot of info and be motivated and ready to study ur ass off. 

Who do you have as your TSS?

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Be on the lookout for learning a ton of information all at once it's going to overwhelming in school car everything was getting stuffed into me that I felt overwhelmed and that I'd never be able to do a proper door operation or terminal operation. Now I can and feel confident for the final and practical.

This gives me confidence for when it’s my turn soon. Glad to hear your feeling more sure of yourself. Good luck!!