Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

We also need to remember there's a "PART 2" to the Conductors exam....the "Oral Speaking" part....so this will definitely weed out the rest!!!

I'm hoping I get a 100 in that too!!!!

My biggest problem now is that I just started employment with NJT so if I'm called to come for that 2nd part, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get off!!

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I'm looking to protest #6 and #47 from 5/22 am's exam. Need more help though. Meaning, not only should we have the same question wrong, we should have also picked the same incorrect answer. I do recall going back to look over question #6 after I had gone through the entire test. Wishing I had a photographic memory right now.

I took the exam on 4/23/16 Pm and i got #4, # 25, and #78 wrong. Anyone else take the exam on that date Pm? Comment here. My brother took the Bus Operator test like 3 years ago, he got an 87 and he got hired. He's been on the job for 2 years now. So lets not worry guys. If u got 3 wrong i think we are ok.

I took the exam on 4/23/16 Pm and i got #4, # 25, and #78 wrong. Anyone else take the exam on that date Pm? Comment here. My brother took the Bus Operator test like 3 years ago, he got an 87 and he got hired. He's been on the job for 2 years now. So lets not worry guys. If u got 3 wrong i think we are ok.

We have to be realistic here. Given the amount of people who took this exam an 87 isn't going to cut it. You can't compare that exam to the Conductor or Train Operator exam, they're highly competitive.

Nonetheless I agree with you, you should be fine with 3 wrong.

Did anyone take the exam on 5/21 PM session and get question #76 wrong?

I also agree an 87 is most likely not going to cut it for this one. When my bro took the exam for bus operator they were hiring like crazy. We'll see what happens with this hiring process. Wish everyone luck.

I took th exam on 4/23/2016 in the PM and I got four wrong. #21,#26, #45, and #77. I feel good about my 95% regardless of what people may suggest on here. Good job to everyone else, who took the exam

I also took the exam on 4/23/16 PM & got 21, 45, & 77 wrong as well. Are you gonna protest on July 12th? I most likely am. Also if this info is useful, I put for 21) A    45)D    77)C

I also took the exam on 4/23/16 PM & got 21, 45, & 77 wrong as well. Are you gonna protest on July 12th? I most likely am. Also if this info is useful, I put for 21) A 45)D 77)C

This is very interesting, for 21 I answered D, but for 45: D and 77:C, which were the same answers as you. I would have loved to go to the protest session,but I just started my current job not too long ago and it would be impossible for me to go.US getting the same answers wrong and selecting the same answers may be a good sign.

What time is the protest?

Edited by Norday

This is very interesting, for 21 I answered D, but for 45: D and 77:C, which were the same answers as you. I would have loved to go to the protest session,but I just started my current job not too long ago and it would be impossible for me to go.US getting the same answers wrong and selecting the same answers may be a good sign.

I sure hope it is a good sign and that others who got even one of the same questions we got wrong, are able to attend the protest. For us, the protest is on July 12th from 10 am to 12 pm. 

I got #78 wrong as well.  Edit: I took the test same day/time as you.

I also answered D for 21.  I think that might have been the question that had two possible answers.

Edited by candorgreen

How do we find out when our respective protest sessions take place? I get the impression that there are different dates for protesting based on when you took the exam. No protest schedule was written on my answer key.

i've seen facebook posts with people bragging about having "only 13 wrong" because they "passed". Alot of people underestimated this exam because it seemed easy on the surface and now they're paying the price.

As for the questions, I found those in particular fairly easy. I don't remember the exact questions, but for the directions question I think it was you invite them on board the train and explain in better detail. For the shopping cart one can you be more specific? Like if the train was in motion or sitting in the station.

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss specific questions.  I don't mean to be a jerk about it--in fact I would love to discuss certain questions--but someone on here earlier in the thread said we shouldn't do that.  I don't remember if it was a mod, but I just don't want anyone getting in trouble.

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss specific questions.  I don't mean to be a jerk about it--in fact I would love to discuss certain questions--but someone on here earlier in the thread said we shouldn't do that.  I don't remember if it was a mod, but I just don't want anyone getting in trouble.

Oh I wasn't aware, maybe a mod can clear this up for us. 

4/24 PM session

#51 - B (C) <- correct answers

#53 - B (C)

#79 - B (A)

Pretty bummed I got 3 wrong but i hope that the drug test and oral test help eliminate some people.

Does anybody know how the protest session works?

The oral assessment not everyone going to take, they randomly choose people to take it.

The drug is assessment , isnt that after getting hired?

87, wow

, he got luck,did he work for like army, over here say under 95 is a falilure,

That cant be true, it their opinion, lol

I still believe they will hired 91-105, suck the promotion and army people go first on the list

91 just take longer, but maybe with luck,my list number will be lower than the other.

The test at least 70 is passing,

Of course you get 79-85, they probably wont hired you, over 90, there likely a chance

There is 47,000 people took it, shocked, and good luck to all.

Hoe you all get hired. Remember there is plenty of oppurtunity, dont think you are failure if you didnt get hired

Wish you everyone the best

I alos spoke with recent conductor, he say alot of conductor are getting promoted and retired, they going to be mad open space, and new train are adding, they going to need to hired lot of people, so good luck!