Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

4 hours ago, The Batcave said:

Also, they will tell you in schoolcar that you're not being paid to open/close doors bcuz anyone can do that- you're being paid to 1) ensure the safety of the passengers & 2) know what to do/how to react when shit hits the fan. 

But TOs & CRs can/do have very productive partnerships afterall it is y'all's job to get that train from one end to the other safely. But many times in schoolcar they have insinuated the "throw them under the train" approach in order to save your job esp if you're on probation. It's sad actually.

I hear what you saying, I definitely encountered a few of those type of C/Rs, but honestly it’s how the person is! I’ve also encountered cool ass C/Rs. As a T/O you gotta understand also if something happens and the C/R isn’t with it, you can’t be mad. It is what it is! You can’t expect someone to jeopardize their job if shyt hits the fan! That’s my opinion, everyone is different but I definitely have worked with some probie C/Rs who have been mad cool, shyt cooler than a couple of the old heads! 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Imhim said:

I hear what you saying, I definitely encountered a few of those type of C/Rs, but honestly it’s how the person is! I’ve also encountered cool ass C/Rs. As a T/O you gotta understand also if something happens and the C/R isn’t with it, you can’t be mad. It is what it is! You can’t expect someone to jeopardize their job if shyt hits the fan! That’s my opinion, everyone is different but I definitely have worked with some probie C/Rs who have been mad cool, shyt cooler than a couple of the old heads! 

I feel you bro it definitely goes both ways. I’ve worked with some T/O’s where I never saw their face the entire day, let alone having a conversation with them. I love working with probies and people who are fresh out of school car that’s how I met a lot of cool people down here. I try to be cordial and communicate with everyone because at the end of the day 1 mistake could have us both writing G2’s and calling the Supt at the terminal. It is what it is we have all types of people working down here I’ve learned not to take things personal. 

@Schecter “The 1” YUCK! 

Damn that’s very discouraging for the fact that we are on probation for a year. If something goes wrong and the train operator doesn’t like you you’re basically screwed cause you have no union. Damn that sucks man. The closer I’m getting to my start date the more nervous I’m getting. I’m afraid to leave my job where I have union and seniority and I’m a delegate for a job where I could get fired just cause someone doesn’t like me. 

9 minutes ago, NUSN said:

Damn that’s very discouraging for the fact that we are on probation for a year. If something goes wrong and the train operator doesn’t like you you’re basically screwed cause you have no union. Damn that sucks man. The closer I’m getting to my start date the more nervous I’m getting. I’m afraid to leave my job where I have union and seniority and I’m a delegate for a job where I could get fired just cause someone doesn’t like me. 

Honestly just know your job when you're down here, and the train operator has no reason to hate you. As long as you're at your board you're good and if not you can always tell him to move up a bit to place you on your board. Some of the boards down here are off centered a lot and I'm never afraid to say move up a bit please. Remember they were once a rookie also and at the end of the day we're all humans so just treat everybody with kindness and everything else will work out.

25 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Honestly just know your job when you're down here, and the train operator has no reason to hate you. As long as you're at your board you're good and if not you can always tell him to move up a bit to place you on your board. Some of the boards down here are off centered a lot and I'm never afraid to say move up a bit please. Remember they were once a rookie also and at the end of the day we're all humans so just treat everybody with kindness and everything else will work out.

What do you mean by boards? 

1 hour ago, NUSN said:

You have union they just can’t appeal termination basically while your on probation. 

10 minutes ago, Schecter said:

How are you liking school car so far?

It’s been fun, we just started preparing for the yard practical(leaving the terminal)  and got introduced to the new equipment. 

On 7/30/2019 at 9:38 PM, NUSN said:

Conductor in charge of the train. 

Pay attention. I passed probation. So did 100 other people.

41 minutes ago, Riku said:

The concourse yard 

I never been to concourse yard so idk what trains they have but w.e trains they do have focus on those more. Are the trains over there new tech trains or old tech ones?

Edited by Schecter

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

I never been to concourse yard so idk what trains they have but w.e trains they do have focus on those more. Are the trains over there new tech trains or old tech ones?

TSS said it could be 68/68A or 46 

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

4 minutes ago, Riku said:

TSS said it could be 68/68A or 46 

68/68A.  It serves the B and D. 

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

Oh you picked the B division nevermind lol you got lucky I wish I was able to pick the B division as well 

Yea, I stuck with commute as my final choice. Both divisions could of worked but I live by the letter lines and the ABCD take me straight home lol. 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, Riku said:

The concourse yard 

Dont be so stuck on concourse yard, when it was my time it was supposed to be in coney island yard & then they called us and told us to report to concourse yard... but if its concourse deffff 68's or 68a

On 7/30/2019 at 9:38 PM, NUSN said:

What union are you in? Yea I understand I'm in the union and I'm high in seniority 3 outta 13. Also top pay in 15 mos away is $37+ per hr. I'm curious about transit. But it seems like transit in the beginning isn't a union shop. Which is crazy. Probation most union shops is 3 mos max. 

There's things in my Job we all wanna change but the security the unions give is something hard to give up for a yr. Also 5 full years to get full pay is rough. 

35 minutes ago, Janelleeac said:

Dont be so stuck on concourse yard, when it was my time it was supposed to be in coney island yard & then they called us and told us to report to concourse yard... but if its concourse deffff 68's or 68a

Yeah if those trains are on that yard I will say to study the 68's or the 68A's for the yard practical

1 hour ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

What union are you in? Yea I understand I'm in the union and I'm high in seniority 3 outta 13. Also top pay in 15 mos away is $37+ per hr. I'm curious about transit. But it seems like transit in the beginning isn't a union shop. Which is crazy. Probation most union shops is 3 mos max. 

There's things in my Job we all wanna change but the security the unions give is something hard to give up for a yr. Also 5 full years to get full pay is rough. 

I’m in a Hotel Union. I’m at 35 an Hour bringing home over a thousand a week. I get paid weekly I’m a delegate and I’m 3rd in Seniority and I do overtime like crazy getting paid 52 an hour. It’s a tough decision to make but I really want to go with transit because in the long run it’s a better career as far as retirement and even better pay but that year probation is scary man. I’m not a reckless person or nothing like that but it’s just scary to know that I could start tomorrow and be let go the following week. 

24 minutes ago, NUSN said:

I’m in a Hotel Union. I’m at 35 an Hour bringing home over a thousand a week. I get paid weekly I’m a delegate and I’m 3rd in Seniority and I do overtime like crazy getting paid 52 an hour. It’s a tough decision to make but I really want to go with transit because in the long run it’s a better career as far as retirement and even better pay but that year probation is scary man. I’m not a reckless person or nothing like that but it’s just scary to know that I could start tomorrow and be let go the following week. 

Not if you know what to do, honestly a lot of people on probation usually get fired from opening the doors on the wrong side, using their phones and failing a system safety test, and falling asleep and tons of other stuff that idiots do down here.