Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Passed my road practical, good luck to all of you in the upcoming class and everyone waiting their turn, you will be called, takes a lot of patience but it comes. I’ll still be around on this forum of course still lol 

Edited by Riku

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Riku said:

Passed my road practical, good luck to all of you in the upcoming class and everyone waiting their turn, you will be called, takes a lot of patience but it comes. I’ll still be around on this forum of course still lol 

That fast wtf?!?Congrats though really proud of you!!! That seemed to happen to fast, how long have I've been working here for 😭 time seems to be moving too fast.

Edited by Schecter

14 hours ago, Riku said:

I think u had one of my TSSs.. He mentioned he was doing a conductor practical yesterday. Tejeda? 

7 hours ago, Schecter said:

That fast wtf?!?Congrats though really proud of you!!! That seemed to happen to fast, how long have I've been working here for 😭 time seems to be moving too fast.

Lol yea it moved fast that’s a good thing hopefully probation goes by super super fast, today is project straight talk and then I’m in the hands of the crew office 😭 now my weekends about to be gone but oh well. 

Just now, Riku said:

Lol yea it moved fast that’s a good thing hopefully probation goes by super super fast, today is project straight talk and then I’m in the hands of the crew office 😭 now my weekends about to be gone but oh well. 

Good luck the crew office is having fun with us new people 

Was looking for the old Conductor forum for the previous exam "8094" to post this in but i couldn't find it, so i figured i would post this here. So today in the mail i received a letter from the MTA ( well a pre employment packet ) for Cleaner(TA-labor)TWU L100 01-D and the letter is asking me to come down for a pre employment. Now reading this letter while i was in my elevator i was confused because i didn't remember applying to anything that had to do with this lol. So i go to the next page and its saying i am being considered for this position because my name appeared on the civil service list for the title conductor, exam 8094. it even says that list expired on 02/16/2018 that we all know. But if i remember correctly i only scored about 72 on that exam so this letter is a little confusing to me.

Has anyone else received this letter ? what do you recommend i take this job ? the pay is a little less than my current job, but i am also waiting for my name to be reached on the Train operator list ( about 400 slots away now). Would it benefit me to take this job in anyway ? My name is also on the current conductor list and  i have a score of 95. Also scored 79/80 on the recent track worker exam. So basically im waiting for a lot of other positions to consider me for employment. I did my Train operator first pre employment back in december of 2018. Now again i would just like to know if taking this position will benefit me in anyway ? will it help me move along through the other positions i am waiting for fast ? thanks again and sorry for the long post Any information will be greatly appreciated.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, exj16 said:

I'd figured by now I'd get a Pre-employment letter in the mail. My list number is 24**. getting the right information as to where they are on the list is close to impossible 

I'm in the low1900's and still have yet to receive a pre employment letter. Said last they were up to 1764 being appointed. Called the other day. 

19 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

Was looking for the old Conductor forum for the previous exam "8094" to post this in but i couldn't find it, so i figured i would post this here. So today in the mail i received a letter from the MTA ( well a pre employment packet ) for Cleaner(TA-labor)TWU L100 01-D and the letter is asking me to come down for a pre employment. Now reading this letter while i was in my elevator i was confused because i didn't remember applying to anything that had to do with this lol. So i go to the next page and its saying i am being considered for this position because my name appeared on the civil service list for the title conductor, exam 8094. it even says that list expired on 02/16/2018 that we all know. But if i remember correctly i only scored about 72 on that exam so this letter is a little confusing to me.

Has anyone else received this letter ? what do you recommend i take this job ? the pay is a little less than my current job, but i am also waiting for my name to be reached on the Train operator list ( about 400 slots away now). Would it benefit me to take this job in anyway ? My name is also on the current conductor list and  i have a score of 95. Also scored 79/80 on the recent track worker exam. So basically im waiting for a lot of other positions to consider me for employment. I did my Train operator first pre employment back in december of 2018. Now again i would just like to know if taking this position will benefit me in anyway ? will it help me move along through the other positions i am waiting for fast ? thanks again and sorry for the long post Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I would say go with your hearts desire to be honest. I went for conductor and took the train operator exam as well, I'm going to do my year as a conductor and then shoot on over to train operator. Just because I can't see myself waiting 5 years for top pay as a conductor.

31 minutes ago, Emme0403 said:

Hey,

Looking for a little help here. Anyone know how to get to Fire School in Coney Island Yard? I know we supposed to take the F train to Avenue X. After that I’m a bit lost. 

I’d appreciate any help. Thanks. 

Avenue X, soon as u come out it’s a building that will say Coney Island yard. Past security it’s a blue and white building in the middle of the train yard tracks. It’s hard to explain step by step But def ask security they should be able to help. 

7 minutes ago, Riku said:

Avenue X, soon as u come out it’s a building that will say Coney Island yard. Past security it’s a blue and white building in the middle of the train yard tracks. It’s hard to explain step by step But def ask security they should be able to help. 

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. 

I got my midterm and yard practical this week, I’m so excited and very ready. 

14 minutes ago, Emme0403 said:

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. 

I got my midterm and yard practical this week, I’m so excited and very ready. 

Good! Man it’s flying, you will do great midterm and yard are simple. Good luck Emme!

14 hours ago, Schecter said:

I would say go with your hearts desire to be honest. I went for conductor and took the train operator exam as well, I'm going to do my year as a conductor and then shoot on over to train operator. Just because I can't see myself waiting 5 years for top pay as a conductor.

You still will have to wait 4 additional years for top pay as train operator no?? 

On 9/16/2019 at 7:10 AM, Schecter said:

Nah you need 261 road days until top pay.

I searched and couldn't find the specifics. If you or anyone knows the answers to my following questions, it would be appreciated. 

1.) Do you only need 261 road days. Which I'm sure most can do in a year. Because you've transferred from within mta? 

2.) If you go straight to T/O I think it said 5 years for max as well. Am I correct? 

3.) Is the internal promotion something that is done yearly, or on a need basis? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

I searched and couldn't find the specifics. If you or anyone knows the answers to my following questions, it would be appreciated. 

1.) Do you only need 261 road days. Which I'm sure most can do in a year. Because you've transferred from within mta? 

2.) If you go straight to T/O I think it said 5 years for max as well. Am I correct? 

3.) Is the internal promotion something that is done yearly, or on a need basis? 

Thanks 

1) Made an error it was 231 days after school car. After that the pay is 36 an hour.

2) I'm not too sure I'm on the T/O forum as well and haven't seen 5 years, I could be wrong though.

3) I've taken the 2017 T/O exam so what Ms. Vargas and everybody else has told me was to wait after I do my probation so I have conductor to fall back on.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions! 😁