Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
whatisacup

Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

SevenEleven

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 9/08/2019

This list HAS been established as of 2/14/2018. To view your list number, click here and either type your last name in the search box on the top right or type in "6601" to view the entire list, followed by pressing enter.

PAY: $22.14 to start, raises to $31.63

TRAINING: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For initial P/E: (1800s); For Medical: (Last Known - 1300s)

CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR --

Message added by SevenEleven

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Wish me luck guys. Idk how this process really works in regards to putting your name back on the list to try again but two union teps said i could do so, so its worth a shot 

Do it then I wanna see everybody on this forum down here!!! Super conductors unite lmao

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Do it then I wanna see everybody on this forum down here!!! Super conductors unite lmao

Hell yeah 🙌🏾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Schecter said:

1) Made an error it was 231 days after school car. After that the pay is 36 an hour.

2) I'm not too sure I'm on the T/O forum as well and haven't seen 5 years, I could be wrong though.

3) I've taken the 2017 T/O exam so what Ms. Vargas and everybody else has told me was to wait after I do my probation so I have conductor to fall back on.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions! 😁

Just checked real quick that thread out. Wow T/O start at $34 and in 1 yr get to $36. That's a good contract. Kind baffling conductors don't have something similar. 

 

Anyway idk why anyone would not go after T/O if that's the case. But I guess you're saying that it if you do Conductor pass the yr and then get the T/O job if you get fired. You can go back to being a conductor. 

 

Do you get extra points or preference for being already in MTA and taking what seems like a promotion exam? 

 

Do they give T/O exams ever to a just small group? Or always citywide? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

Just checked real quick that thread out. Wow T/O start at $34 and in 1 yr get to $36. That's a good contract. Kind baffling conductors don't have something similar. 

 

Anyway idk why anyone would not go after T/O if that's the case. But I guess you're saying that it if you do Conductor pass the yr and then get the T/O job if you get fired. You can go back to being a conductor. 

 

Do you get extra points or preference for being already in MTA and taking what seems like a promotion exam? 

 

Do they give T/O exams ever to a just small group? Or always citywide? 

No there's no extra points or preference since technically he'll be hired off of the O/C list, although they'll treat him like a promotional. 

They have promotional and open competitive exams for Train Operator, which are usually given around the same time. Promotionals are for current employees such as Conductors, Bus Operators, etc... When a promotional and open exam for a title like Conductor or Train Operator is given the promotional exam must be used first though before the O/C.

@Riku @Schecter @acabral136 Just incase you guys may be interested, the filing for ATD begins on October 4th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

No there's no extra points or preference since technically he'll be hired off of the O/C list, although they'll treat him like a promotional. 

They have promotional and open competitive exams for Train Operator, which are usually given around the same time. Promotionals are for current employees such as Conductors, Bus Operators, etc... When a promotional and open exam for a title like Conductor or Train Operator is given the promotional exam must be used first though before the O/C.

@Riku @Schecter @acabral136 Just incase you guys may be interested, the filing for ATD begins on October 4th. 

Yeah I heard about the ATD exam but I wonder if we can apply for it yet, like must we pass probation or w.e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

No there's no extra points or preference since technically he'll be hired off of the O/C list, although they'll treat him like a promotional. 

They have promotional and open competitive exams for Train Operator, which are usually given around the same time. Promotionals are for current employees such as Conductors, Bus Operators, etc... When a promotional and open exam for a title like Conductor or Train Operator is given the promotional exam must be used first though before the O/C.

@Riku @Schecter @acabral136 Just incase you guys may be interested, the filing for ATD begins on October 4th. 

I'm only 2 months in, I doubt I can apply yet. But isn't ATD the promotional exam for Conductors? I'm a t/o I heard we take the dispatcher exam and Conductors do the assistant dispatcher. Idk, I just passed my signal test and have my final yard practical coming up, so my mind is just on those things right now. Thanks though. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I heard about the ATD exam but I wonder if we can apply for it yet, like must we pass probation or w.e

You can apply for it. By the time they call establish the list and call  you, you’ll be off probation anyway. 

 

8 hours ago, acabral136 said:

I'm only 2 months in, I doubt I can apply yet. But isn't ATD the promotional exam for Conductors? I'm a t/o I heard we take the dispatcher exam and Conductors do the assistant dispatcher. Idk, I just passed my signal test and have my final yard practical coming up, so my mind is just on those things right now. Thanks though. 

Sorry about that, I thought you were a C/R. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

No there's no extra points or preference since technically he'll be hired off of the O/C list, although they'll treat him like a promotional. 

They have promotional and open competitive exams for Train Operator, which are usually given around the same time. Promotionals are for current employees such as Conductors, Bus Operators, etc... When a promotional and open exam for a title like Conductor or Train Operator is given the promotional exam must be used first though before the O/C.

@Riku @Schecter @acabral136 Just incase you guys may be interested, the filing for ATD begins on October 4th. 

Yeah my classmates been sending me info but I need the info when we can apply to take the test or how do u apply cause it would be promotional lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 10:54 PM, +Young+ said:

I'm in the 4900s, and if I to take an educated guess, I personally don't think I'm going to get called from this particular list, unless they extend the list to 2024. Even then, I don't know what the chances are of getting called.

Based on the rate they've moved through the list, the MTA apparently calls in about 100 people a month. So for people further down the list, such as yourself and me (I'm in the 9500 range), the list would have to be extended four years past when it's scheduled to expire, just like the previous list was. I spoke to some conductors and train operators and they told me that they knew of people (or themselves) who were way down in the 8,000 and even 12,000 range that got called up after 8094 was extended. Not sure what will happen this time around. Extending the list another four years saves the MTA the trouble of scheduling tests, grading, etc. I hope they extend it, but I don't know if they're extending lists for other open positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 8:43 PM, Kidbx175 said:

Was looking for the old Conductor forum for the previous exam "8094" to post this in but i couldn't find it, so i figured i would post this here. So today in the mail i received a letter from the MTA ( well a pre employment packet ) for Cleaner(TA-labor)TWU L100 01-D and the letter is asking me to come down for a pre employment. Now reading this letter while i was in my elevator i was confused because i didn't remember applying to anything that had to do with this lol. So i go to the next page and its saying i am being considered for this position because my name appeared on the civil service list for the title conductor, exam 8094. it even says that list expired on 02/16/2018 that we all know. But if i remember correctly i only scored about 72 on that exam so this letter is a little confusing to me.

Has anyone else received this letter ? what do you recommend i take this job ? the pay is a little less than my current job, but i am also waiting for my name to be reached on the Train operator list ( about 400 slots away now). Would it benefit me to take this job in anyway ? My name is also on the current conductor list and  i have a score of 95. Also scored 79/80 on the recent track worker exam. So basically im waiting for a lot of other positions to consider me for employment. I did my Train operator first pre employment back in december of 2018. Now again i would just like to know if taking this position will benefit me in anyway ? will it help me move along through the other positions i am waiting for fast ? thanks again and sorry for the long post Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Yes absolutely take the Cleaner job. Once you get called for C/R, T/O, or track, you can decide which position to take. But as of NOW, yes absolutely take the cleaning position. Once you step foot in here, you can move up, even from Cleaner.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree take the cleaner job one of my school car TSS started off as a cleaner and worked his way up from cleaner to train operator and then from train operator to TSS.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Called up Ms. Vargas today to get some insight on when another class would be held and was told one is scheduled for October 28th. Unfortunately I won't be making it to this class because it is full/small per her words. Right now the list number is at 1760s and I'm low 18**s. This is beginning to feel like an eternity! Good luck to the people that are starting on the 28th. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 3:24 PM, J Cooper said:

Called up Ms. Vargas today to get some insight on when another class would be held and was told one is scheduled for October 28th. Unfortunately I won't be making it to this class because it is full/small per her words. Right now the list number is at 1760s and I'm low 18**s. This is beginning to feel like an eternity! Good luck to the people that are starting on the 28th. 

I know the feeling about an eternity; the email is taking forever! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went today for Pre-employment again. I was told I didnt have to do the medical again since I was cleared last month only the drug test since that was back in June. Hopefully this will be it and I could make that October 28th class. There were a lot of people sent home today because of pending tickets so dont forget to clear any tickets ASAP before they call you. Best of luck to all of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who are in training please be mindful that everything you do fro schoolcar until ur probation is done will be kept in a file. Every G2 you wrote every lateness every evaluation u get from a TSS when you’re on your own is noted down in your file. God forbid you have a bad rep and taken out of service? you’re done for. You’re basically in survival mode until your probation so please do your best to stay low even if y'all gotta wear them raggedy ass pants cuz they will use anything against you. Be on time as well cuz they will let that shit pile up when ur on the road by yourself and throw the book at you when time comes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey y’all,

Just finished my last road posting today. Got my final tomorrow and road practical on Friday. Will be on my own next week. I hope to see all you super conductors out there on the road soon. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

Hey y’all,

Just finished my last road posting today. Got my final tomorrow and road practical on Friday. Will be on my own next week. I hope to see all you super conductors out there on the road soon. 

There we go super conductors unite we all need a super conductor ring LOL. You're going to pass both exams!!! This stuff is happening too fast sheesh.

  • LMAO! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sixgvd94 said:

For those of you who are in training please be mindful that everything you do fro schoolcar until ur probation is done will be kept in a file. Every G2 you wrote every lateness every evaluation u get from a TSS when you’re on your own is noted down in your file. God forbid you have a bad rep and taken out of service? you’re done for. You’re basically in survival mode until your probation so please do your best to stay low even if y'all gotta wear them raggedy ass pants cuz they will use anything against you. Be on time as well cuz they will let that shit pile up when ur on the road by yourself and throw the book at you when time comes

And dont forgot about wearing the tie ugh and the supah conductah hat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Emme0403 said:

Hey y’all,

Just finished my last road posting today. Got my final tomorrow and road practical on Friday. Will be on my own next week. I hope to see all you super conductors out there on the road soon. 

 

9 hours ago, Schecter said:

And dont forgot about wearing the tie ugh and the supah conductah hat 

LOL, Damn I forgot, gotta start carrying that hat 🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 10:59 AM, Riku said:

 

LOL, Damn I forgot, gotta start carrying that hat 🤮

I just wear the turtle neck i dont feel like putting that tie on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schecter said:

I just wear the turtle neck i dont feel like putting that tie on

I do the same thing. I hate that damn tie. 

On another note passed my final and road practical. Ready to be out on the road next week. Will be seeing you super conductors out there. 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Emme0403 said:

I do the same thing. I hate that damn tie. 

On another note passed my final and road practical. Ready to be out on the road next week. Will be seeing you super conductors out there. 😊 

Congrats man sorry for the late reply been busy dealing with the crew offices horrible hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Emme0403 said:

I do the same thing. I hate that damn tie. 

On another note passed my final and road practical. Ready to be out on the road next week. Will be seeing you super conductors out there. 😊 

Congrats! Yeah sorry for late reply too lol, like schect said Crew offices can get crazy with they hours, I’m tired as hell its my weekend but they do you dirty on whatever your Friday is lol. But welcome aboard and will be seeing you out there, since you in the B division! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riku said:

Congrats! Yeah sorry for late reply too lol, like schect said Crew offices can get crazy with they hours, I’m tired as hell its my weekend but they do you dirty on whatever your Friday is lol. But welcome aboard and will be seeing you out there, since you in the B division! 

Yeah I was on board and then they gave me a full shift started board at 12 midnight and dont clear till like 1pm today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.