Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 10/9/2019 at 7:55 PM, avasquez1985 said:

What is the listing number Conductor 6601 Hiring Process is up to 

See below. This was posted on the previous page, which can be viewed here.

On 10/1/2019 at 3:24 PM, J Cooper said:

Called up Ms. Vargas today to get some insight on when another class would be held and was told one is scheduled for October 28th. Unfortunately I won't be making it to this class because it is full/small per her words. Right now the list number is at 1760s and I'm low 18**s. This is beginning to feel like an eternity! Good luck to the people that are starting on the 28th. 

Edited by +Young+

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, +Young+ said:

See below. This was posted on the previous page, which can be viewed here.

Don’t give up hope bro. I was starting to give up hope as well and then I got my medical email. I was sworn in and now I’m out on my own already. Only been a few days but it’s going this far. Stay positive bro. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

So this page definitely got dead Lol how’s everybody holding up? I got kicked for bad evaluations so now they’re saying to wait till January to go to DCAS and request my name be put back on the list

They kicked you off the road because of bad evaluations? Tf?

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

They kicked you off the road because of bad evaluations? Tf?

Yup that and like a few latenesses, Once they take you outta service they'll find any reason to let you go when you're on probation. Go look at your file to see what's in there and discuss everything with a union rep. Prevention is better than cure when it comes to going through probation

2 hours ago, Sixgvd94 said:

So this page definitely got dead Lol how’s everybody holding up? I got kicked for bad evaluations so now they’re saying to wait till January to go to DCAS and request my name be put back on the list

Been working heavy, they really kicked you off the road for that? Wow I ain’t even know that was possible when it comes to evaluations.

42 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Yup that and like a few latenesses, Once they take you outta service they'll find any reason to let you go when you're on probation. Go look at your file to see what's in there and discuss everything with a union rep. Prevention is better than cure when it comes to going through probation

How do you check your file?

1 hour ago, Sixgvd94 said:

More than likely they kicked you back because of lateness. Usually they send u back to school car to retrain, at least thats what ive heard. 

Just now, Janelleeac said:

More than likely they kicked you back because of lateness. Usually they send u back to school car to retrain, at least thats what ive heard. 

Yeah they are big on lateness so That probably was the main reason 

29 minutes ago, Riku said:

Been working heavy, they really kicked you off the road for that? Wow I ain’t even know that was possible when it comes to evaluations.

If he has to have his name put back on the list it sounds like they did more than "kick" him off the road, sounds like he got terminated.

2 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

If he has to have his name put back on the list it sounds like they did more than "kick" him off the road, sounds like he got terminated.

yeah got terminated now I'm looking to go to DCAS to have my name restored to the list

On 10/11/2019 at 4:08 AM, NUSN said:

Don’t give up hope bro. I was starting to give up hope as well and then I got my medical email. I was sworn in and now I’m out on my own already. Only been a few days but it’s going this far. Stay positive bro. 

Oh so your the reason I’m on board on my Monday huh?? They giving you guys all the good jobs lol Congrats!!!! 

5 hours ago, Sixgvd94 said:

yeah got terminated now I'm looking to go to DCAS to have my name restored to the list

How is that possible? I thought once you got hired and didn't passed your probation it was over. So if you get terminated and the list still active you can just jump back on the list in front of everyone or what? Plz explain if you don't mind. No disrespect but how is that fair to the ones still waiting to be called for the 1st time? 

On 11/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Sixgvd94 said:

9 months and change

On 11/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, EgyptianEyez said:

How is that possible? I thought once you got hired and didn't passed your probation it was over. So if you get terminated and the list still active you can just jump back on the list in front of everyone or what? Plz explain if you don't mind. No disrespect but how is that fair to the ones still waiting to be called for the 1st time? 

Probation is 1 yr what kind of union agrees to that??!! That's absurd. Probation is typically 3 mos in most union jobs. I can even see max 6 mos. 

Be careful at any job where the union doesnt have procedures set up to protect its members. 

The TWU isn't the strongest union around, that's for sure.

It's probably most effective in maintaining decent pay rates and OT rules and pensions for its members - it's not a strong advocate for individual members, only collectively, and does basically nothing until the member is tenured.

Re 1-year probation, that's become pretty standard with state jobs in NY.  

MTA/NYC Transit is effectively a state (not a NYC) job.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:34 PM, Sixgvd94 said:

I wish someone told me this back in 2015 when I was terminated.  I too made it to the 9 month mark. After getting "1 in three'd" this time around I was told I too can get my name Restored on the list.  About to do that next month. 

10 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I wish someone told me this back in 2015 when I was terminated.  I too made it to the 9 month mark. After getting "1 in three'd" this time around I was told I too can get my name Restored on the list.  About to do that next month. 

What caused you to be terminated so us nobodies can be careful if you don't mind sharing without sharing anything too personal. I'm already 5 months in 7 more until a month.