Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, GreatOne2k said:

Why is Grand Central different?

It’s like being in a dungeon. It’s a dark Small cramped room with no cell service, and the AM dispatcher is a piece of work...

Sidenote: B division is looking for XX conductors from the A to transfer over. I’m really strongly considering it, but the A div crew office has been treating me amazing.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

It’s like being in a dungeon. It’s a dark Small cramped room with no cell service, and the AM dispatcher is a piece of work...

Sidenote: B division is looking for XX conductors from the A to transfer over. I’m really strongly considering it, but the A div crew office has been treating me amazing.

Damn we are that short on conductors in the B division, one class in August just came out and there’s a October class already in lol 

Edited by Riku

11 hours ago, Schecter said:

What caused you to be terminated so us nobodies can be careful if you don't mind sharing without sharing anything too personal. I'm already 5 months in 7 more until a month.

Yea I think he said before it was outside of work related 

42 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I would go over to the B cuz I love the B but imagine the crew office throws us A division peeps on the A during midnights 💀

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

I would go over to the B cuz I love the B but imagine the crew office throws us A division peeps on the A during midnights 💀

I've been AM's with Sun/Sat for a year and some change now and I get decent jobs for the most part, don't want to risk going over there and having my tour/rdo's changed. I called earlier and was told I keep my "seniority" but being XX we're subject to have our tour/rdo's changed on a weekly basis. 

2 hours ago, Riku said:

Damn we are that short on conductors in the B division, one class in August just came out and there’s a October class already in lol 

I've heard that they've been ABD'ing intervals over there due to the lack of personnel. It's crazy

2 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I've been AM's with Sun/Sat for a year and some change now and I get decent jobs for the most part, don't want to risk going over there and having my tour/rdo's changed. I called earlier and was told I keep my "seniority" but being XX we're subject to have our tour/rdo's changed on a weekly basis. 

I've heard that they've been ABD'ing intervals over there due to the lack of personnel. It's crazy

Wow!, yeah they just changed everybodies tour and RDOs for the new pick. They gave me Sunday Saturday midnights. So cool I’m thinking I only gotta get through one week with one RDO but nope they changed it again 🤦🏾‍♂️ to Friday Saturday so for the second week in row I have one day off lol. 

3 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Yeah you got good days off and a morning tour don’t risk it if you comfortable 

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

What kinda info would you like to know? Maybe I could help?

Well if anyone has been called recently, recent school cars, and their numbers. The automated info is only a bit over 100 away from me and it's been quiet. I was also wondering if they're stopping hiring for the holiday (ie. No classes Nov or Dec). Or anything else.

11 minutes ago, goukix said:

Well if anyone has been called recently, recent school cars, and their numbers. The automated info is only a bit over 100 away from me and it's been quiet. I was also wondering if they're stopping hiring for the holiday (ie. No classes Nov or Dec). Or anything else.

I'm about 60 away! I called up Ms. Vargas, she said the next class will have 35 people and they're waiting for the upper management to give them a date. I asked if a class might be scheduled this year and she said they might have one before the year ends. Talking to a few people I know, I've heard that MTA doesn't like to hire in December so they might not even have any more classes for the rest of this year. We'll just have to wait and see, I like to check in with Ms. Vargas once a week for updates.

4 hours ago, goukix said:

Most likely by next class or the class after you'll be called by I was 100 away and they sent me a medical email asap when I was hired back in june of this year.

23 hours ago, exj16 said:

Hey what number are they up to in terms of Pre-Employment?? I figured they’d be in the 2000’s by now or at least heading there. This process is dragging!

Hey guys, I’m number 4400, scored a 95. I shouldn’t have rushed the test. I also saw a lot of people got military credit. How do you think it’s looking for me?

On 11/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, J Cooper said:

I'm about 60 away! I called up Ms. Vargas, she said the next class will have 35 people and they're waiting for the upper management to give them a date. I asked if a class might be scheduled this year and she said they might have one before the year ends. Talking to a few people I know, I've heard that MTA doesn't like to hire in December so they might not even have any more classes for the rest of this year. We'll just have to wait and see, I like to check in with Ms. Vargas once a week for updates.

You should be good then after the holidays 

2 minutes ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

Hey guys, I’m number 4400, scored a 95. I shouldn’t have rushed the test. I also saw a lot of people got military credit. How do you think it’s looking for me?

Never know but the list expires in 2022. And they are around idk but I think 1800-2000?  

1 hour ago, Riku said:

Never know but the list expires in 2022. And they are around idk but I think 1800-2000?  

Ok. Just gotta have faith and pray. They said the list was only established Feb 2018. Not bad for what’s going to be two years. What did you guys score if you don’t mind me asking? Hopefully they extend this list 🙏🏽

6 minutes ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

Ok. Just gotta have faith and pray. They said the list was only established Feb 2018. Not bad for what’s going to be two years. What did you guys score if you don’t mind me asking? Hopefully they extend this list 🙏🏽

I don’t even remember lol. I think it was like a 97.5