Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

16 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

I hope so, the waiting is tiring. Took this test in 2016, almost 4 years! But I bet it's worth the wait.

Facts, I know the feeling, waiting so long but it’s good motivation when u finally get the email, I studied like crazy to get through schoolcar, now gotta kick probations ass lol. So Just continue doing what u doing now it’ll come when u least expect it 💪🏾

Edited by Riku

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Riku said:

Facts, I know the feeling, waiting so long but it’s good motivation when u finally get the email, I studied like crazy to get through schoolcar, now gotta kick probations ass lol. So Just continue doing what u doing now it’ll come when u least expect it 💪🏾

Until the customers get on your last nerve I had a homeless guy pull the EBV on my train in my operating cab and the opposite one at 34th today on the 2 and then decided to spit at me at the same time...

Just now, Schecter said:

Until the customers get on your last nerve I had a homeless guy pull the EBV on my train in my operating cab and the opposite one at 34th today on the 2 and then decided to spit at me at the same time...

Damn bro 😞, sorry that happened to you. Yeah a homeless guy pull the ebv on me two days ago. Hope the spit ain’t get on ur face. You can go out on comp but being a probation I already know that’s not a option for ya 

14 minutes ago, Riku said:

Damn bro 😞, sorry that happened to you. Yeah a homeless guy pull the ebv on me two days ago. Hope the spit ain’t get on ur face. You can go out on comp but being a probation I already know that’s not a option for ya 

I closed the window he started saying f**k you to and all the curse words you can think of... I was like okay and then on the TOD the shit popped up and then the PEI was ringing and then RCC was calling me and the train operator at the same time...

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

I closed the window he started saying f**k you to and all the curse words you can think of... I was like okay and then on the TOD the shit popped up and then the PEI was ringing and then RCC was calling me and the train operator at the same time...

Damn, least u was on new tech. Searching for that pull EBV is a pain in the ass 

7 hours ago, Schecter said:

Sorry to hear that, bro. You conductors gotta deal with the public in such unfortunate ways. It's just endemic of mental health issues in our society.

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

Sorry to hear that, bro. You conductors gotta deal with the public in such unfortunate ways. It's just endemic of mental health issues in our society.

Yeah that's why I honestly can't wait to move up to the the front once my one year is up. The public blames us for everything. It's like we're in control of the whole transit system for some reason.

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Yeah that's why I honestly can't wait to move up to the the front once my one year is up. The public blames us for everything. It's like we're in control of the whole transit system for some reason.

I'm about to enter yx and honestly, being upfront isn't as scary as they make it sound. You can def do it.

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

and its because the ny news media hates conductors (and transit workers in general) and thinks your position should be eliminated-which is crazy talk considering how complex this system truly is.

1 minute ago, MarkGuy said:

and its because the ny news media hates conductors (and transit workers in general) and thinks your position should be eliminated-which is crazy talk considering how complex this system truly is.

And then they'll start hating train operators and then want the trains to be autonomous next.

Edited by Schecter

13 hours ago, Riku said:

I don’t even remember lol. I think it was like a 97.5 

You know you can find out by clicking here, right? In the search box on the top right hand side of the screen, just enter either your name and it should come up.

You can also call the DCAS automated hotline as well. Just dial (212) 669 1357, option #2, enter your 9-digit social security number and follow the prompts.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

On 11/25/2019 at 10:40 AM, Schecter said:

Yeah, that was expected people are so dumb they leave their brains on the street level when they come down to the subways. That Blue shirt makes u a target that’s why it’s always taken off after work and I wear the turtle neck now more often. 

18 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yeah, that was expected people are so dumb they leave their brains on the street level when they come down to the subways. That Blue shirt makes u a target that’s why it’s always taken off after work and I wear the turtle neck now more often. 

the union is diligently fighting against transit going autonomous