Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, J Cooper said:

TBH I would rather do midnights and graveyard shifts 

Yeah that was actually my preference. They started me off with PMs it was good experience. You want some stuff to happen so you know what to do and get the nerves out. PM rush hour is a whole different beast than AM rush. Now they give me midnights and so much more peaceful. When you get preference sheet they’ll give you midnights if that’s ur number #1 choice. 

6 minutes ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

Do you really think there’s a possibility I’ll get called in a year or two?

The list expires in 2022! Thats a long time. You got to remember, people turn down the job, fail drug tests etc. Might not be in a year but I'm sure they'll reach 4400s before year 2022.

32 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yeah that was actually my preference. They started me off with PMs it was good experience. You want some stuff to happen so you know what to do and get the nerves out. PM rush hour is a whole different beast than AM rush. Now they give me midnights and so much more peaceful. When you get preference sheet they’ll give you midnights if that’s ur number #1 choice. 

Nice man, thanks for the info! what line do you usually work.

13 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Nice man, thanks for the info! what line do you usually work.

When you first come out they keep you close home. You start off as extra extra which means they can change your days off every week. But they for the most part don’t touch it every week once u go out on ur own. I’m on the A, B, C, and D train all the time been on the D Train so much The station stops and transfers are just burned into my brain lol. I live in uptown Manhattan so they they keep me on those lines which is good short commute. So hopefully you live by terminals or not too far from them. 

2 hours ago, nickynick86 said:

Same here..had my 2nd PE with hopes that I’ll be in the Jan class along with @J Cooper!

Everyone that’s going in for their PEs in the future, make sure you don’t have any pending traffic tickets. I forgot I had one and had to run to the DMV and pay it. Ended up being done with around 11:30 when I should of been done around 9:30 with @nickynick86

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

I remember it took like a week or 2 from my 2nd PE to get the medical email, I was so excited when I recieved it, I was honestly in disbelief when I read it I was like omg. But anyways time for you two to join the Supah Conductahs Club!!

I’ll be consistently checking my email everyday. Fingers crossed 

Oh and random but the crew office is asking if anybody in the A division as a conductor wants me to move into the B division. They'll have to write a G2 to the crew office. So I believe they're short on conductors just food for thought and for anybody who's in the A division and wants to switch to the B division they have until December 11th to write a G2 to the crew office.

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Oh and random but the crew office is asking if anybody in the A division as a conductor wants me to move into the B division. They'll have to write a G2 to the crew office. So I believe they're short on conductors just food for thought and for anybody who's in the A division and wants to switch to the B division they have until December 11th to write a G2 to the crew office.

Yeah I saw my schoolcar TSS teaching a A division to B division transfer class like two days ago. Did you write a G2 to transfer or you’re staying in the A?