Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

27 minutes ago, goukix said:

Ok so you are ahead of me. I'm surprised they waited so long for a 2nd PE; they're only good for 3 months I thought, and it's been 6. You get your medical email yet?

No medical email yet, hopefully I get it in the next couple weeks so that I can get into the January class

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Riku said:

Yeah I saw my schoolcar TSS teaching a A division to B division transfer class like two days ago. Did you write a G2 to transfer or you’re staying in the A?

Idk I'm contemplating about it, idk if I should put in a G2 or wait until I can pick in the B division.

21 hours ago, Schecter said:

Oh and random but the crew office is asking if anybody in the A division as a conductor wants me to move into the B division. They'll have to write a G2 to the crew office. So I believe they're short on conductors just food for thought and for anybody who's in the A division and wants to switch to the B division they have until December 11th to write a G2 to the crew office.

This is the second notice they’re putting out too. They’re probably going to start drafting ppl from the bottom of the xx list if they don’t get enough volunteers. 

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Idk I'm contemplating about it, idk if I should put in a G2 or wait until I can pick in the B division.

I feel you, u already got the skills tho if u do come cause I must be hearing stories about the A division it makes u into a good conductor cause of how fast pace it is lol.

for those of you considering to transfer from A to B division? Just know its a crap ton more report locations and a lot more to deal with and I do believe there are trains you guys probably haven't even been on like the R46's and the new 179's. Make sure you guys get as much info as possible before you make a decision 

29 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

for those of you considering to transfer from A to B division? Just know its a crap ton more report locations and a lot more to deal with and I do believe there are trains you guys probably haven't even been on like the R46's and the new 179's. Make sure you guys get as much info as possible before you make a decision 

Yeah the only thing I love about the B division is the beautiful NTT they have lol compared to the ugly 142s they have, built in the 2000s 🤮

53 minutes ago, Sixgvd94 said:

From our “operational” standpoint it really isn’t much different. A train is a train and an MDC is an MDC at the end of the day.The reporting locations and the fact that I might have to give up my tour/rdo’s is swaying my decision tho...

1 hour ago, Riku said:

I feel you, u already got the skills tho if u do come cause I must be hearing stories about the A division it makes u into a good conductor cause of how fast pace it is lol.

Every School car TSS I spoke with told me the 1 & 6 will make you a real conductor. Them lines almost made me quit lol real talk. 

Not tryna get too off topic here. I think it may be safe to say that the next few classes that get hired will get forced into the B div though so keep that in mind to you hopefuls who are close to being called. 

1 minute ago, Jchambers2120 said:

From our “operational” standpoint it really isn’t much different. A train is a train and an MDC is an MDC at the end of the day.The reporting locations and the fact that I might have to give up my tour/rdo’s is swaying my decision tho...

Every School car TSS I spoke with told me the 1 & 6 will make you a real conductor. Them lines almost made me quit lol real talk. 

Not tryna get too off topic here. I think it may be safe to say that the next few classes that get hired will get forced into the B div though so keep that in mind to you hopefuls who are close to being called. 

Yup I heard those were the lines too I heard all the stories about lol. Truth a train and mdc is still a train and MDC. Some vet conductors said just Try the other division for a pick and see how it is. We in a longer pick tho till May so if y’all do move y’all gotta take what they give you till then 

15 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

The 6 is pure aids the 1 is a little more tolerable but screw that 6 plus the shit you see is crazy. I saw a guy on the 1 at 181st shooting up into his neck and I then I saw 2 guys having "fun" use your imagination at the end of cypress station on the 6, oh yeah and then I also saw a guy pickpocket this lady on the 6 and was like if she wakes up imma knock her ass out.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, Schecter said:

Oh and random but the crew office is asking if anybody in the A division as a conductor wants me to move into the B division. They'll have to write a G2 to the crew office. So I believe they're short on conductors just food for thought and for anybody who's in the A division and wants to switch to the B division they have until December 11th to write a G2 to the crew office.

For what it’s worth I ran into conductors doing a to b div training today at Jamaica yard. So it seems there might be a shortage but idk 

Just now, Schecter said:

Yeah I would flip also imagine I'm already 5 months in I can't imagine doing another 1 year and 7 months of probation 🤮🤮

Exactly, like wtf. They be wanting to slay us over dumb shit. Another year? Insanity that’s def gotta be a fake rumor if they agree to that it’s a complete sell out

There are so many rumours and misinformation, fake news, out there. Wait until the departamentals and MOU (Memorandums of Understanding) come out before flipping out.

For those in Transit, you can read the contracts in NYCT Today under the Labor Relations in the internal portal.

Edited by 161 New York

17 hours ago, J Cooper said:

I'm hearing that with this new MTA contract, probation will be two years instead of 1! Is this true?

According to the proposed deal by Union 100. That is NOT ACCURATE b/c if that’s the case I could pass on this and stay with my current employer.

Plus I’m on this list for Conductor 6601. I smell list extension for this exam just like 8094 but I may be speaking a little to fast on this one. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

2 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Received my medical/final processing email today. Going in on Thursday, home stretch! 

Hell yeah you got the email the home stretch I'm proud and excited for you!!!!! I'm happy for every single one of us btw lol. How happy did that email make you feel lol