Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Thanks bro, I still can't believe it. A test with 33,000 applicants!!!

There you go and they picked you, basically it's an early christmas gift to you! Once you pass school car you'll be on your own dealing with customers who make you wanna rip your hair out lmao. If you have any school car questions let me know and I got you bro.

Exactly what @Riku said I'll cover every and anything you need to know about the A division and @Riku got you covered on all the B division equipment. All in all we got you covered @J Cooper and anybody else who needs help i got you guys/ladies, let us remember where we all started from! Teamwork makes the dream work people, this is our career and livelihood till the end!

4 minutes ago, Ador said:

does anyone know what was the last number called for medical ? I  i took OPA last year and I am 35XX

I believe they reached the 1800s and the next class is January 6th, they'll reach you soon enough what I would do is call dcas and see what was the last number appointed.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:11 PM, Riku said:

Definitely, what scheft said if anyone that’s getting sworned have any questions or needs any tips with schoolcar let us know. He got the A division stuff I got the B division stuff lol

I'm gearing towards B division if we get the chance to pick, hopefully i get it.

1 hour ago, J Cooper said:

Ordering my boots now, what backpack would be the best to order? I'm looking at the KAKA travel backpack. Is this a good one?

KAKA is good, plenty of space. Big but worth it. I still keep my books with me

2 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

For the dress code, what type of pants and shirts (brands) did you buy?

I forgot I had some old blue dress shirt I had for graduation so I just wore that and bought some navy blue pants. Everyone go have something completely different but most of the induction class had on the same color shirt for the most part. 

5 minutes ago, Riku said:

I forgot I had some old blue dress shirt I had for graduation so I just wore that and bought some navy blue pants. Everyone go have something completely different but most of the induction class had on the same color shirt for the most part. 

So how long do you wear those clothes until you get the official uniforms?

1 minute ago, J Cooper said:

So how long do you wear those clothes until you get the official uniforms?

Yup, boots most important gotta have those ASAP. Oh yeah get a watch they gonna tell you to one before y’all split into classes. Must have that. I got a cheap one for 10 bucks that has regular and military time lol. No smart watch 

2 minutes ago, Riku said:

Yup, boots most important gotta have those ASAP. Oh yeah get a watch they gonna tell you to one before y’all split into classes. Must have that. I got a cheap one for 10 bucks that has regular and military time lol. No smart watch 

Copy! when do you get the official uniform? 

14 hours ago, J Cooper said:

I'm gearing towards B division if we get the chance to pick, hopefully i get it.

More than likely you're going to the B division. Currently there's a shortage of conductors in the B, so much so that they've been recruiting conductors who don't have picked jobs in the A division to come over.