Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Schecter said:

A phonecall to confirm what? 🤔

That I'm going.
This is so ironic that I swear God is at work. See, I'm getting laid off on the 3rd. I knew from all the info posted here that I would be called early this year so it didn't matter to me; I had plans to quit on the 26th anyway and give them 2 weeks but they gave me 1 month notice beating me out. Oh well, this way they're paying out my PTOs and giving me severance. However, I had planned on taking a month off from work (first time in 15 years), but looks like that's not happening? Haha

Edited by goukix

1 minute ago, goukix said:

That I'm going.
This is so ironic that I swear God is at work. See, I'm getting laid off on the 3rd. I knew from all the info posted here that I would be called early this year so it didn't matter to me; I had plans to quit on the 26th anyway and give them 2 weeks but that gave me 1 month notice beating me out. Oh well, this way they're paying out my PTOs and giving me severance. However, I had planned on taking a month off from work (first time in 15 years), but looks like that's not happening? Haha

Wow God is good, he comes  thru for all of us. Those who keeps the faith in him. 🙏🏾

2 hours ago, goukix said:

That I'm going.
This is so ironic that I swear God is at work. See, I'm getting laid off on the 3rd. I knew from all the info posted here that I would be called early this year so it didn't matter to me; I had plans to quit on the 26th anyway and give them 2 weeks but they gave me 1 month notice beating me out. Oh well, this way they're paying out my PTOs and giving me severance. However, I had planned on taking a month off from work (first time in 15 years), but looks like that's not happening? Haha

Make sure you have everything in order, Doctors notes clearing certain things etc. I seen a couple people placed on medical hold when I went to medical/processing. Class starts next week! You don't want to miss out. 

Now the bad news for those waiting: I 'DID' ask when the class was, and the response was "there isn't one. I don't know when the next class is". I might have been told that to get me to not ask for a wait, but I don't know. Sorry folks

Got into Division B just like I wanted! Crazy thing is, everyone is in B lol. We have 4 classes with Division B (No A), the instructors said this was the first time this has ever happened. Guess B really needs help out there. Will keep you guys updated on my journey! Take care. 

18 hours ago, J Cooper said:

Got into Division B just like I wanted! Crazy thing is, everyone is in B lol. We have 4 classes with Division B (No A), the instructors said this was the first time this has ever happened. Guess B really needs help out there. Will keep you guys updated on my journey! Take care. 

Awesome! Lol damn I guess it’s really true we really that strapped for conductors lol

On 9/17/2019 at 5:22 PM, Schecter said:

Do it then I wanna see everybody on this forum down here!!! Super conductors unite lmao

I got word from the exams center that I passed OPA and now waiting for pre-employment letter in the mail I never received that I passed OPA so they had I email me it good thing I called but I’m so far on this list even with a 95 I hope they call me before or by 2022 or else I heard I would ha e to take the test all over again because list expires on 2022🤦🏾‍♂️ I’m 4934 of conductor #6601 test on the plus side I also got called for NYPD so it’s not all bad but I’d rather choose mta more money less risk do anyone know if the list goes by quick?

On 12/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, Schecter said:

Yeah you can always withhold medical information 🤐

Do this. 

I've already got my job, and I had to do a sleep study. 

I got my dumb ass placed on medical hold b/c I said I snored. Shut up, and don't put it if you don't do it.

There are people here who have uncontrolled diabetes. You think they are on medical restrictions? No. Cause they didn't say it. There are people here who are big, and are they on medical restrictions? No. Cause they shut up. 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, J Cooper said:

Y'all are killing my overtime. 

The conductor absentee sheets for work are emppppppty (good thing if you want OT.)