Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

I am taking nj transit conductor exam upcoming weds... hopefully that go faster.

same exact thing just one differences is checking tickets.

Nowhere near the same thing, lol. MTA Conductor training programs for the most part are a couple of months while NJT's training program is a whole 2 years. 

Passed my Midterm and Yard Practical. Posting for 3 weeks, than Finals and Road Practical. Like everyone on here was saying, school car is an amazing experience and I hope everyone gets called eventually. FYI I didn’t hear anything about any upcoming conductor classes but I think they will have one next quarter (March-April). My TSS told me that’s what they usually do. 

5 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Passed my Midterm and Yard Practical. Posting for 3 weeks, than Finals and Road Practical. Like everyone on here was saying, school car is an amazing experience and I hope everyone gets called eventually. FYI I didn’t hear anything about any upcoming conductor classes but I think they will have one next quarter (March-April). My TSS told me that’s what they usually do. 

Half way there bro, the road and final are the easiest after posting!

On 2/8/2020 at 10:56 AM, dman1455 said:

Nowhere near the same thing, lol. MTA Conductor training programs for the most part are a couple of months while NJT's training program is a whole 2 years. 

You forgot to add the 10 year wait in the exam given in 2008  NJ TRANSIT RESULT COME IN TWO WEEK 

PRGAM BEIGIN IN A YEAR OR MAYBE THIS SUMMER. SO THEIR HR RUN MORE QUICKER THAN MTA

CLASS JUST GRADUATED FEW MONTHS AGO.

IT IS THE SAME THING, YOU DO ANNOUNCE STEPS, YOU DO CLOSE THE DOOR.

YOU DO TALK TO HEAD CONDUCTOR IF A MECHANICAL FAillURE HAPPENS

or customer have no money to pay ticket, how to deal with that.

WE HAVE AN 1 year and a month training because we deal with customer a lot 

mta conductor just chilled inside a cab and wait for each stop and announce each stop

that easy in real life. 

We also sometime help out on platform with directions and scanning tickets

that soon will be mta too after metrocard rip

On 2/8/2020 at 12:36 AM, nipaaaa said:

man this is worse than sanitation

It is max 10 years wait 

this test will extend or won’t extend
I am 13*** but I scored a 91 

mta position is patiently wait , people fail class and don’t make it or they declined the offer 

i think they up-to the  top 1000s.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

How do you apply?

Who you talking to?

Mta conductor exam is not out yet. Should be soon. The last exam was out around 2016 and was delayed because of the 2008  established list extended for 6 years

nj  Assistant conductor  ended already , I think so but I am not sure, you can check nj transit career  website for that information.

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

5 hours ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

You forgot to add the 10 year wait in the exam given in 2008  NJ TRANSIT RESULT COME IN TWO WEEK 

PRGAM BEIGIN IN A YEAR OR MAYBE THIS SUMMER. SO THEIR HR RUN MORE QUICKER THAN MTA

CLASS JUST GRADUATED FEW MONTHS AGO.

IT IS THE SAME THING, YOU DO ANNOUNCE STEPS, YOU DO CLOSE THE DOOR.

YOU DO TALK TO HEAD CONDUCTOR IF A MECHANICAL FAillURE HAPPENS

or customer have no money to pay ticket, how to deal with that.

WE HAVE AN 1 year and a month training because we deal with customer a lot 

mta conductor just chilled inside a cab and wait for each stop and announce each stop

that easy in real life. 

We also sometime help out on platform with directions and scanning tickets

that soon will be mta too after metrocard rip

Ok,

Good luck on your test Wednesday. It's both Math and Reading so hopefully you'll do well.

5 hours ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Who you talking to?

Mta conductor exam is not out yet. Should be soon. The last exam was out around 2016 and was delayed because of the 2008  established list extended for 6 years

nj  Assistant conductor  ended already , I think so but I am not sure, you can check nj transit career  website for that information.

I was asking about NJ transit conductor but the test is over. I’ll wait for MTA, I’ve got a 2 year wait 

On 2/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, dman1455 said:

Ok,

Good luck on your test Wednesday. It's both Math and Reading so hopefully you'll do well.

Thank you , wish you the best in mta 

did you get int already?  Sadly on mta I am all the way on the bottom , I got bus operator in  low list numbers but two established list still not done 

guess I just focused my degree as teacher for back up. Never know what to expect with transit.

i am a Hs softball umpire right now and flag football referee spring time only.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:04 PM, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

I was asking about NJ transit conductor but the test is over. I’ll wait for MTA, I’ve got a 2 year wait 

For nj transit once applications come, if it decline you, keep reapplying I heard people applied four -six time to get called in for testing. I applied twice and  max spam the transit email they finally gave me spot for testing after a full two years 😭

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

5 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

did you get int already?  Sadly on mta I am all the way on the bottom , I got bus operator in  low list numbers but two established list still not done 

guess I just focused my degree as teacher for back up. Never know what to expect with transit.

Teaching is so much stress 

1 minute ago, Toba817 said:

Teaching is so much stress 

Same with refereeing, I love kids though. I got few more year to join ncaa softball division. If nothing call me in 

don’t know how long nj transit take , I know the result come out in two week, faster than mta but the hiring process is slow like mta .

52 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

I'm in the process for NJT Assistant Conductor, I took the test and was given my results within a week. Then they invite you to an interview if you pass (which is the step I'm currently at). I actually have my interview coming up this week.

13 hours ago, dman1455 said:

I'm in the process for NJT Assistant Conductor, I took the test and was given my results within a week. Then they invite you to an interview if you pass (which is the step I'm currently at). I actually have my interview coming up this week.

Oh good luck dm me the interview  process . Be confident and you will get in 

don’t want to be talk about another organization in here since this is mta 

wish you the Best

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 12:18 PM, J Cooper said:

Hey man hows everything going? Are you finally on the road yet?

On 2/27/2020 at 4:37 PM, Schecter said:

Hey man hows everything going? Are you finally on the road yet?

Not yet bro, last day posting is on Monday! After that we got the final and road practical. Im confident man, it's one of the easiest jobs I've ever had tbh. lol it's just all the work in school car that's annoying, luckily I had some great TSSs and classmates.