Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, EAS said:

The notice said business casual if I'm not mistake. I'm also going in for drug test tomorrow. I thought of wearing a suit. I may just do the shirt and tie with slacks or khaki pants. I'm also hoping that I get a quick response like Schecter. Someone else on this thread mentioned a class possibly starting in on Sept 8th. I'm very hopeful to make that class. Good luck to all of us heading down there tomorrow! I know I'll be earlier than scheduled because I know they also call more than just us from this specific list to come down for things like the drug test, etc.

Just re-read email, they never mentioned any specific attire. I think jeans and dress shoes with a polo would be good, my brother in law is NYCT bus and he said he did jeans, a collared shirt and dress shoes when he showed up to livingston. Little more comfortable than a suit at least and still presentable

4 hours ago, Schecter said:

Going in for medical thursday hopefully I get to see each of you and say hi 😎

I'm hoping so too. What's the chance that we will go for drug test tomorrow and get called back the next day for medical?

9 minutes ago, EAS said:

I'm hoping so too. What's the chance that we will go for drug test tomorrow and get called back the next day for medical?

I honestly don't really know for me i went in on August 14th for the drug test and then got my medical email on  August 18th. So 2 business days my friend on the otherhand went in on august 12th for the drug test and he's still waiting for the medical, so I have no clue how 180 is going about this process, they're probably trying to limit the amount of people they have showing up for the medical for social distancing so it won't be overally crowded. I can tell you that when I went in for my drug test for conductor last year the thing took all day, this time when I went for the drug test it took less than 20 minutes.

11 hours ago, Schecter said:

I honestly don't really know for me i went in on August 14th for the drug test and then got my medical email on  August 18th. So 2 business days my friend on the otherhand went in on august 12th for the drug test and he's still waiting for the medical, so I have no clue how 180 is going about this process, they're probably trying to limit the amount of people they have showing up for the medical for social distancing so it won't be overally crowded. I can tell you that when I went in for my drug test for conductor last year the thing took all day, this time when I went for the drug test it took less than 20 minutes.

I’m expecting it’ll be faster because of social distancing. 

11 hours ago, Schecter said:

I’m expecting it’ll be faster because of social distancing. 

45 minutes ago, Schecter said:

How many people are there not that many right?

I’m done. They said they’ll email me. It can take up to 90 days but maybe by next week. That’s what the lady said after I finished my test and paperwork. 

8 minutes ago, EAS said:

I’m done. They said they’ll email me. It can take up to 90 days but maybe by next week. That’s what the lady said after I finished my test and paperwork. 

My medical for tomorrow was canceled they told me the class for September 21st for train operator is only a class size of 28, they said they'll contact me back if anything all this bs for nothing 😑 

44 minutes ago, Schecter said:

My medical for tomorrow was canceled they told me the class for September 21st for train operator is only a class size of 28, they said they'll contact me back if anything all this bs for nothing 😑 

Wow that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Keep the faith man. They’re calling. And who knows if someone doesn’t show. 🙏🏼🤞🏼

9 minutes ago, Coolgirl123 said:

@EAS what kind of paperwork did you have to fill out on the day of your drug test?

Just the form confirming my information so they can make sure it’s right then I sign. Had to go back with my copies to the hr section but the lady just said I’m done for today 

On 8/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, EAS said:

SO. I called my local SSA office. I spoke to a woman who was super helpful. She said sending everything overnight and having it sent back to me overnight might still take close to 10 business days.

Hi, I would like to get my work history as well as soon as possible, you mentioned that you could request that info overnight.

To request this overnight did you have to order it from the ssa website or how can you get it?

Thank You

6 hours ago, Schecter said:

I don't understand how can they do this to people, who in HR messed up because people have many obligations and its bad enough that they don't give enough notice for

pre employ, drug and medical. How can they say sorry we thought the class was 29 not 28 and now you are in limbo again.

They obviously said you are being considered for the Sept class and now not anymore...

Your probably going to be forced to redo the whole process from pre employ since the training takes about 10 weeks, I doubt they are having more than one class at a time.

Sorry to hear this Schecter

11 minutes ago, hh1a said:

I don't understand how can they do this to people, who in HR messed up because people have many obligations and its bad enough that they don't give enough notice for

pre employ, drug and medical. How can they say sorry we thought the class was 29 not 28 and now you are in limbo again.

They obviously said you are being considered for the Sept class and now not anymore...

Your probably going to be forced to redo the whole process from pre employ since the training takes about 10 weeks, I doubt they are having more than one class at a time.

Sorry to hear this Schecter

Yeah I got a call and a voice-mail and an email saying not to come in tomorrow like wtf it wasnt just me it was other people also that were for the september 21st class and then outta no where we get the shit end of the stick

37 minutes ago, hh1a said:

Hi, I would like to get my work history as well as soon as possible, you mentioned that you could request that info overnight.

To request this overnight did you have to order it from the ssa website or how can you get it?

Thank You

Hi. You have to call your local office. I called the wrong one and they told me to call the one that is closest to my home. And “overnight” isn’t exactly overnight. You can mail your form with payment and “overnight” it to the local office. It will take maybe 2 days to get to them. They have to process it and mail back to you. Earliest it may get to you, from what the person at my local ssa office told me, may be about 10 days.
The fee is $91. You will get earnings history and each company you worked for. They only give year or month and year if I recall correctly. 
There is another option that is cheaper but that literally only gives you the earnings per year with no company information. Make sure you order the $91 one. Good luck

14 hours ago, Schecter said:

Yeah I got a call and a voice-mail and an email saying not to come in tomorrow like wtf it wasnt just me it was other people also that were for the september 21st class and then outta no where we get the shit end of the stick

That sucks, looks like a lot of people got jammed up. You’ll be in the next class tho 💪

Just now, Kal123 said:

What are the days and hours usually like for the conductor class?

It varies, Monday thru Friday. The first week is usually AMs so like 5am or 7 or 8 during the week. But when I was in schoolcar First week Was morning then we shifted to PMs so like 3-11pm. Everyone should be mindful whoever takes job. You will be new and when u finish training you will start off extra extra Till u have enough seniority to pick. There is no Stability. The crew office the people who assign what ur gonna do have the power to change your days off and what tour(AM, PMs, or Midnights) your ur gonna work every week. They don’t change it every week but they can if they have too. That’s one of the first things they will talk about when u go to PS 248. If you got kids have plan A B C D. As Extra extra u get a wish list What days off u want and what your u want. and the crew office will try their best to fit what u want.